Favorite Original Finale Song by Runner Up?

David68

yes  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which Runner Up's Original Song in the Finale is the Best?

• Inventing Shadows ~ Dia Frampton
    • Wasted Love ~ Matt McAndrew
    • Change My Mind ~ Meghan Linsey
    • Lonesome Broken and Blue ~ Adam Wakefield
    • Because of Me ~ Billy Gilman
    • Deja Vu ~ Lauren Duski
    • Tennessee Rain ~ Addison Agen
    • Where You Come From ~ Britton Buchanan
    • Human ~ Chris Kroeze
    • Proof I've Always Loved You ~ Gyth Rigdon
    • A Woman Like Her ~ Ricky Duran
    • Superhero ~ Toneisha Harris

I love Lauren’s and Addison’s (in fact both were my favorite performances in their respective seasons) but if we are talking about solely the song, Wasted Love is the best original song by far.

• Like 1

Is this even a comparison , Wasted Love is the best original song ever by far So here are my top 5 rankings

1- Matt McAndrew _ Wasted Love

2- Ricky Duran _ A Woman Like Her

3- Gyth Rigdon _ Proof I've Always Loved You

4- Toneisha Harris _ My Superhero

5- Chris Kroeze _ Human

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zainab Tufail said:

Is this even a comparison , Wasted Love is the best original song ever by far So here are my top 5 rankings

1- Matt McAndrew _ Wasted Love

2- Ricky Duran _ A Woman Like Her

3- Gyth Rigdon _ Proof I've Always Loved You

4- Toneisha Harris _ My Superhero

5- Chris Kroeze _ Human

Everyone's got different opinions - for example, I'd rank Gyth lower (but that's because I can't stand Gyth's tone personally), but you have him in your top 5. Goes to show how even on IDF, where most have overlapping artist preferences, there can still be a variety of likes/dislikes.

On 7/27/2020 at 11:23 PM, VintageVoice said:

Everyone's got different opinions - for example, I'd rank Gyth lower (but that's because I can't stand Gyth's tone personally), but you have him in your top 5. Goes to show how even on IDF, where most have overlapping artist preferences, there can still be a variety of likes/dislikes.

Exactly it's just the matter of personal preferences , many of the  artists that I like are either hated on IDFs or they are considered to be the ones who robbed QUEENS or whatever for example Javier clon , The Swons , Jake Worthington , Craig Wayne Boyd , Sawyer Fredericks , Joshua Davis , Adam Wakefield , Sundance Head , Chris Blue ( one of the most hated winner due to Lauren ) , Chris Kroeze , Gyth , Dexter , Andrew and Todd . But this is just IDFs , In reality all of these artists that I have mentioned are really liked by the main audience that's why they get the votes and iTunes / Apple streams . And not to mention Jordan Smith and Tessanne Chin these two along with Sawyer and Todd are my absolute favs and these two weren't the no 1 choice of IDFs but at least they are respected unlike the others

Edited by Zainab Tufail
  • Like 1

Self-penned songs are better than the rejected material the others get so it's really hard to pick just one here. I like "Wasted Love", "Deja Vu" and "A Woman Like Her"(1).

1. Not Self-penned, but I enjoyed it. 

Edited by echoap

I voted for Tennessee Rain, but I really loved Superhero, it was really meaningful

edit: I just listened to Deja Vu, but I like Tennessee Rain more, because Addison just has a way of stringing emotion into her singing. its so amazing

Edited by ashwinner

On 7/28/2020 at 6:30 AM, QueenMae16 said:

LAUREN DUSKI! ROBBED.

She wasn't robbed , Chris was just on another level , he is truely one of the best vocalist that has ever been on the show . I mean if you have a vocal range of 3.6 octaves ( D2-G#5 ) there's no way people are gonna  ignore you . I don't know why but when FEMALE VOCALISTS don't make make it far due to MALE COUNTRY SINGERS you say they are robbed , and when MALE VOCALISTS beat the FEMALE COUNTRY SINGERS you say that females are robbed again . 

Side Note : Chris' vocal range is even higher than Whitney's , she had a vocal range of 3.2 octaves ( A2-C#6 )              https://criticofmusic.com/vocal-profile-whitney-houston-pre-drugs

Edited by Zainab Tufail
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zainab Tufail said:

She wasn't robbed , Chris was just on another level , he is truely one of the best vocalist that has ever been on the show . I mean if you have a vocal range of 3.6 octaves ( D2-G#5 ) there's no way people are gonna  ignore you . I don't know why but when FEMALE VOCALISTS don't make make it far due to MALE COUNTRY SINGERS you say they are robbed , and when MALE VOCALISTS beat the FEMALE COUNTRY SINGERS you say that females are robbed again . 

Side Note : Chris' vocal range is even higher than Whitney's , she had a vocal range of 3.2 octaves ( A2-C#6 )              https://criticofmusic.com/vocal-profile-whitney-houston-pre-drugs

Range isn't the only thing that makes a singer good though - you can have a range of 3+ octaves but if your pitch is off and/or your breath control is terrible and you really have to strain to make those highs and lows consistently, it's a lot more likely you'll end up with a damaged voice than that you'll win a competition about your singing voice 

Two things that may have given Chris a nudge into the win over Lauren was the fact he was a very charismatic performer and covered songs from a variety of time periods (the oldest song he chose dates from 1965 while the most recent had been released less than a year before he appeared on the show; on the other hand, Lauren's song choices were almost exclusively from the 1980s and 1990s, with the lone exception being her battle against Brennley).

52 minutes ago, David68 said:

If you make it to THE RUNNER UP SPOT, I wouldn't really consider that robbed. Runner up is a good place to be.

I'm pretty sure at least one of Lauren's songs has hit 1M+ streams on Spotify and she's done some collaborative work on YouTube (including a cover of Praying that's got ~2M views last I checked) so she's doing just fine, plus she's not stuck with the dumpster fire of a record deal that generally hasn't panned out for the winners of the show.

• Like 3

On 7/28/2020 at 9:50 PM, VintageVoice said:

Range isn't the only thing that makes a singer good though - you can have a range of 3+ octaves but if your pitch is off and/or your breath control is terrible and you really have to strain to make those highs and lows consistently, it's a lot more likely you'll end up with a damaged voice than that you'll win a competition about your singing voice 

Two things that may have given Chris a nudge into the win over Lauren was the fact he was a very charismatic performer and covered songs from a variety of time periods (the oldest song he chose dates from 1965 while the most recent had been released less than a year before he appeared on the show; on the other hand, Lauren's song choices were almost exclusively from the 1980s and 1990s, with the lone exception being her battle against Brennley).

I'm pretty sure at least one of Lauren's songs has hit 1M+ streams on Spotify and she's done some collaborative work on YouTube (including a cover of Praying that's got ~2M views last I checked) so she's doing just fine, plus she's not stuck with the dumpster fire of a record deal that generally hasn't panned out for the winners of the show.

You're right about that , but Chris never strained according to me he hit those high and low notes like they were nothing . He was also a Great Performer and he was on pitch almost all the time and I don't think he had any breath issues . I mentioned range only because when FEMALE VOCALISTS don't go far due to country artists they say Females are robbed why ?? Because they are much better VOCALISTS as compared to country singers . But in Chris' case he was a much better vocalist than the country singer ( Lauren ) and people here on IDFs say that he robbed Lauren 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zainab Tufail said:

Put like that, then Chris Blue = Shi'Ann Jones. No way he is better than the Queen herself with range spanning from D3 - G#6 lol

3 hours ago, Zainab Tufail said:

I would agree that Chris is great and I don't really really like Lauren like the others, but I can see why people say she's robbed because she did seem to have a connection to her songs rather than Chris who just went for (and excelled on) upbeat songs for the most part.

28 minutes ago, antikid said:

Put like that, then Chris Blue = Shi'Ann Jones. No way he is better than the Queen herself with range spanning from D3 - G#6 lol

QUEEN SHI'ANN! Honestly she is iconic and I am not trolling, I actually regularly listen to her performances lmfao

On 7/28/2020 at 11:19 PM, antikid said:

But she don't have that STAR QUALITY and CHARISMA like Chris , I know range isn't the only thing but you know what she is equal in range with Chris , her range is also 3.6 octaves if she can sing an octave higher than Chris then Chris can sing an octave lower than her so they are equal in range but in other aspects Chris is far better , also her voice isn't the type of voice that many people like to listen .

• Like 1

On 7/28/2020 at 10:50 AM, Zainab Tufail said:

Lauren was 100% robbed.  Yes, Chris was on another level, it was just several levels below Lauren. She sold more on the show and currently average streams are twice his even after all the work he did with Alicia post show.  I will go to my grave believing he was given a win to send Alicia away with a gift....just like they saved this "best vocalist" till all the other teams were filled up in the blinds.  The fix was on right from the start.

Back on topic... Deja Vu is the winner here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1