The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

10 hours ago, thevoicefan12 said:

The thing with that is Adam didn't get in the finale 3 seasons straight, he didn't even get no one in semifinals, and with the added hate he got and the changes the show made, plus him wanting to be a stay at home dad, I don't blame him for leaving.

And I don't think he's coming back, either, for one thing I only came to notice a few weeks ago, but haven't voiced here yet.

I'm hopefully not the only one who has noticed that not a single one of his songs have been covered since he left.  Not a song by Maroon 5, and not a song he did as a featured artist for someone else.  I wouldn't be surprised if he pulled all rights for anyone to do his songs.  If that's the case, he's definitely not coming back.

Edited by Rodney

14 minutes ago, Rodney said:

And I don't think he's coming back, either, for one thing I only came to notice a few weeks ago, but haven't voiced here yet.

I'm hopefully not the only one who has noticed that not a single one of his songs have been covered since he left.  Not a song by Maroon 5, and not a song he did as a featured artist for someone else.  I wouldn't be surprised if he pulled all rights for anyone to do a songs.  If that's the case, he's definitely not coming back.

I mean, once Kelly entered the picture and gave Blake more of a challenge in 2-3 seasons than Adam did in his entire run, it was clear that he was just an afterthought at that point, and it stayed that way for his last three seasons. She became his new rival and he was no longer needed. The robe fiasco was just the final straw.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rodney said:

I'm hopefully not the only one who has noticed that not a single one of his songs have been covered since he left.  Not a song by Maroon 5, and not a song he did as a featured artist for someone else.  I wouldn't be surprised if he pulled all rights for anyone to do his songs.  If that's the case, he's definitely not coming back.

I wouldn’t read to much into the lack of covers. Adam’s songs were never really chosen very frequently. What I found most telling was that  he wasn’t asked to perform at all last season, despite having a huge hit (Memories).

• Like 2

Well I'm new here! On the s20, I think John will leave and Gwen too. John because of the son who falls to be born. I would already discard alicia because of her new album and Jhud too.On the s20, I think John will leave and Gwen too. John because of the son who falls to be born. I would already discard alicia because of her new album and Jhud too. Nick fNick was hated for a good part From the public. I would not rule out the departure of the blake of this next season and the arrival of Kane Brown and about an R&B artist remains to be seen. Will.i.an would be a great choice even the aforementioned lizzo. But I find it very difficult, I would like to see Jessie J or even Fergie on the bench, used and used Miguel . 

Kane / Jessie J / Kelly / miguel

Blake / Kelly / lizzo / Fergie 

15 minutes ago, Dom said:

Well I'm new here! On the s20, I think John will leave and Gwen too. John because of the son who falls to be born. I would already discard alicia because of her new album and Jhud too.On the s20, I think John will leave and Gwen too. John because of the son who falls to be born. I would already discard alicia because of her new album and Jhud too. Nick fNick was hated for a good part From the public. I would not rule out the departure of the blake of this next season and the arrival of Kane Brown and about an R&B artist remains to be seen. Will.i.an would be a great choice even the aforementioned lizzo. But I find it very difficult, I would like to see Jessie J or even Fergie on the bench, used and used Miguel . 

Lol sad to say, but none of these will ever happen 

19 minutes ago, Dom said:

I highly doubt Blake gives up 25-30 million per year, but if that happens, I will finally tune out, and I won’t be the only one. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Dom said:

If Blake's gone I'm out

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I highly doubt Blake gives up 25-30 million per year, but if that happens, I will finally tune out, and I won’t be the only one. 

1 hour ago, Zainab Tufail said:

If Blake's gone I'm out

Really?  I'll actually enjoy the show more if he goes, if only because "Team Minivan" goes with him, and we can see other genres get their fair shake on the show again.

I actually kind of feel sorry for you both if you're really basing your viewership on him being there.  He's not the be-all, end-all of the show, no matter how much everyone tries to make it seem like he is.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Really?  I'll actually enjoy the show more if he goes, if only because "Team Minivan" goes with him, and we can see other genres get their fair shake on the show again.

I actually kind of feel sorry for you both if you're really basing your viewership on him being there.  He's not the be-all, end-all of the show, no matter how much everyone tries to make it seem like he is.

I wouldn't stop watching even though I like Blake. I think he's a great coach and actually brings a lot to the show. It definitely wouldn't feel the same. Also I don't want him to leave because the show would last only a season or two without him before being cancelled

1 hour ago, Rodney said:

Team Minivan is the majority of the audience. How much longer do you think the show would stay on the air if they stopped watching? 

Now, if they could find a suitable replacement, not named Kane Brown, perhaps it’s salvageable, but I honestly don’t know who that would be. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Rodney said:

We have seen other genres get their fair shake on the show as well. We also have winners of genres like Pop, Reggage, R&B Soul, Rock, Gospel and Folk.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zainab Tufail said:

We have seen other genres get their fair shake on the show as well. We also have winners of genres like Pop, Reggage, R&B Soul, Rock, Gospel and Folk.

It isn't all about the winner though. There were many more country finalists than any other genre. For some we can definitely unanimously agree that weren't deserved at all

• Like 2

1 hour ago, antikid said:

It isn't all about the winner though. There were many more country finalists than any other genre. For some we can definitely unanimously agree that weren't deserved at all

If you include all the 3/4/5 finalists from s1-18 then there are 69 Finalists and If you exclude winners then there are 51 Finalists (3 from seasons 7-17 and season 1-2, 2 from seasons 3-6, 4 from s18). So out of the 51 finalists only 12 were country S1= None, S2 = None, S3 = None, S4 = The Swon Bros, S5 = None, S6 = Jake Worthington, S7 = None, S8 = None, S9 = Barret Baber + Emily Ann Roberts, S10 = Adam Wakefield, S11 = Josh Gallagher, S12 = Lauren Duski, S13 = Red Marlowe, S14 = None, S15 = Kirk Jay, S16 = Gyth Rigdon + Dexter Roberts + Andrew Sevener, S17 = None, S18 = None

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The people who think some Country winners/Contestants weren't deserving are the ones who aren't in love with that genre. I think all were deserving why? cz I like country so Much the people who aren't diehard country fans like majority of the IDF don't think they are deserving. Country singers don't need to have big voices to get the title of DESERVING, As it is said Be The Beat Whatever You Are so greatness never likes in reaching high elevated rank greatness lies in doing constant hard work and giving your best whatever your position might be. In case of county singers if they can't hit some high notes then there is no need for them to do that they should stay in their lane and sing it with their heart and just sing it pleasently and beautifuly and it would still be amazing.

Edited by Zainab Tufail
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zainab Tufail said:

The people who think some Country winners/Contestants weren't deserving are the ones who aren't in love with that genre. I think all were deserving why? cz I like country so Much the people who aren't diehard country fans like majority of the IDF don't think they are deserving. Country singers don't need to have big voices to get the title of DESERVING

Don't get me wrong. I love country music, it is what my father listens to every time, and as I grew older, I listen to it more and more. And I have loved country singers on the show before (Todd Tilghman-ish being the most recent one). But for me, we are talking about MEDIOCRE country singers here, they just sound the SAME (for example is Craig on S7). You've gotta be honest, there are really UNDESERVING finalists before, that is not going out of their comfort zone, that are only brought because of Team Minivan. Lemme give you an example, in Season 16, isn't it overwhelming that most of the finalists were country singers? Like the hell? Where's the diversity? Also, likes of Andrew Sevener, Josh Gallagher, and many more. 

But just to be clear, only Craig Wayne Boyd is the country winner of The Voice that is so undeserving, the others were deserving. I am talking about the FINALISTS.

14 minutes ago, Zainab Tufail said:

The people who think some Country winners/Contestants weren't deserving are the ones who aren't in love with that genre. I think all were deserving why? cz I like country so Much the people who aren't diehard country fans like majority of the IDF don't think they are deserving. Country singers don't need to have big voices to get the title of DESERVING

Double post, sorry

Edited by anonymouskid_35

22 minutes ago, Zainab Tufail said:

If you include all the 3/4/5 finalists from s1-18 then there are 69 Finalists and If you exclude winners then there are 51 Finalists (3 from seasons 7-17 and season 1-2, 2 from seasons 3-6, 4 from s18). So out of the 51 finalists only 12 were country S1= None, S2 = None, S3 = None, S4 = The Swon Bros, S5 = None, S6 = Jake Worthington, S7 = None, S8 = None, S9 = Barret Baber + Emily Ann Roberts, S10 = Adam Wakefield, S11 = Josh Gallagher, S12 = Lauren Duski, S13 = Red Marlowe, S14 = None, S15 = Kirk Jay, S16 = Gyth Rigdon + Dexter Roberts + Andrew Sevener, S17 = None, S18 = None

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The people who think some Country winners/Contestants weren't deserving are the ones who aren't in love with that genre. I think all were deserving why? cz I like country so Much the people who aren't diehard country fans like majority of the IDF don't think they are deserving. Country singers don't need to have big voices to get the title of DESERVING, As it is said Be The Beat Whatever You Are so greatness never likes in reaching high elevated rank greatness lies in doing constant hard work and giving your best whatever your position might be. In case of county singers if they can't hit some high notes then there is no need for them to do that they should stay in their lane and sing it with their heart and just sing it pleasently and beautifuly and it would still be amazing.

I highly disagree, I agree with it’s not all about high notes and runs though.

i think i realized why I don't like the last few current lineups..  Outside of Blake/Kelly, the other coaches really don't get into it.  Kelly doesn't really fight with John/Nick/Gwen, directing 90% of her comments to Blake.  If she is the energy leader, she needs to be spread out.  As it is right now, the other two coaches can seem interchangeable.  Blake will at least direct stuff towards Gwen, but John kind of sits out.  I realized the seasons I really liked the Adam/Xtina, Gwen/Pharrell, Miley/Alicia, Blake/CeeLo, dynamics.  All of the coaches need to be interacting pretty equally.

Edited by LilBrooklyn18
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, LilBrooklyn18 said:

Adam/Xtina, Gwen/Pharrell, Miley/Alicia, Blake/CeeLo, dynamics.  All of the coaches need to be interacting pretty equally

Preach! I love their dynamics as well. I also somehow love the duo of Kelly and JHud. 

On a side note, I really miss Christina on the show, I really love her. Kelly's superb though, but I miss those good old days with the original line up

• Like 3

1 hour ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

But for me, we are talking about MEDIOCRE country singers here, they just sound the SAME (for example is Craig on S7). 

But just to be clear, only Craig Wayne Boyd is the country winner of The Voice that is so undeserving

Then again it's your opinion and based on your preference, if you ask me I would say Craig Wayne Boyd is THE BEST country singer that has ever been on the show(I like Todd more but he isn't country). Also the ones which you're saying are MEDIOCRE are really liked by me (and the main audience hence getting all the votes).

You're  saying  the majority of country finalists were UNDESERVING, As I've mentioned before there are only 12 Country artists which made it to the finale (not including winners) I think all of those 12 country singers deserved to be in the finale. You guys mostly talk about Gyth/Dexter/Andrew but lol Dexter gave the best performance of the night after Maelyn, Andrew earned his spot by outsinging Shawn and Rod in the IS, Gyth was really loved by the voice voters and he was amazing in his audition/battle/CB/PO/Top 13 so even if he had an off night on the Semi finals people still voted for him cz of his previous performances just like they voted for Chloe in the finale(she also had an off night but people thought she deserved to win based on her other performances.)

At the end of the day it comes down to TASTE I love some that you don't and you love some that I don't

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Preach! I love their dynamics as well. I also somehow love the duo of Kelly and JHud. 

On a side note, I really miss Christina on the show, I really love her. Kelly's superb though, but I miss those good old days with the original line up

What's funny is I liked Blake/Jhud way more than Kelly/Jhud.  i think I would like Kelly better if she didn't direct everything to Blake.  Maybe the show did it to try to cover for Adam/Blake's bromance, but even in the blinds this year, most of Kelly's banter is with Blake

• Like 1