The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

I have nothing against John it’s just I’m sick and tired of him having a strong team every season and like he needs a break he’s just boring tbh. I’m sorry John Legend but JHUD/Alicia/Gwen/Miley/Nick and more make it more exciting. Every season he has the most 4 chair turns and he does not know what he does with them.😬 Just Bc he won with Maelyn it doesn’t mean anything. Queen Maelyn is the reason why John has a strong team all the time.

Edited by VoiceTakeover890
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Zainab Tufail said:

Kelly has a Great energy that she brings on the show but I only care about Blake, If Kelly or anyone else leaves It won't add or subtract anything for me but if Blake leaves it would be really devastating for me.

Blake does need an energetic extrovert and rival to feed off though

• Like 4

2 hours ago, thevoicefan12 said:

I think Nick and Jennifer are the likely 2 to come back and if John does end up leaving I believe one of them, most likely Nick will come back now if he does, I think Gwen would leave for Jennifer's return, or we just might get a new coach which is what I am hoping.

we can see that the voice wants to have "diVerSiTy" in having one black coach every season (which paradoxically makes it worse, by trying to tokenize it), so i expect that if John left, they'd find another black coach (Lizzo?!?!?!? that would be iconic, but she's way too cool for the show)

1 hour ago, moonlighty said:

For me it's not even abt a black coach but having diversity when it comes to musical genre (Usually it's pop/rock/r&b/country and each coach leaning to one of those), lizzo would be ICONIC but I don't think they would be able to afford her or convince her to come (lizzo and kelly in the same season would be the funniest thing lol)

Lizzo would be a great addition especially with Kelly and Blake around

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Minhtam said:

Ok, be honest with me.  How would you feel about a Kelly/Cassadee/John/Blake lineup for S20?

Yes, I'm talking about THAT Cassadee.

Kelly and Blake cover what Cassadee covers. Gwen covers something none of the others have. I would prefer Gwen over Cassadee.

• Like 2

Yeah but Cassadee does have the Rock genre covered too given her stint with Hey Monday.  Sure, we can agree that Gwen is the better option, but if NBC was concerned about cutting production costs in response to the pandemic, I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to pull this move.

Pay Cassadee half of Blake's salary and advertise the season as a former champion returning as a coach against the coach that brought her the championship.  Kills two birds with one stone.

Edited by Minhtam

They should stay away from bringing Voice alumni as coaches, but if they had too I would suggest Melanie Martinez. She has had actual success, and even if I don’t think she would be a good coach (or TV personality), I feel like she would attract interesting talent to audition.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, B-B said:

Having Lizzo on the show would be ICONIC!!

Cassadee isn’t popular enough. If they want alumni, they should bring Morgan Wallen

Morgan is pure country.  I just can't see that being a real possibility if Blake remains on the show.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thevoicefan12 said:

Even though it could be great for promotional reasons, having a Voice alumni and 3 superstars like antikid said, I would rather choose the superstar which could be a challenge to whoever the coach is, but I wouldn’t mind Cassadee. 

Adding on it actually might be good for the coach because it might boost the artists popularity more if they were actually a coach. 

As irritating as Minivan’s Blake-love-fest can be at times, he does have a pretty good ear for what the audience will connect with beyond just country (as evidenced by the fact that he’s turned for all but two of the winners even if they didn’t join his team) and the fact that he does seem to genuinely care about his artists beyond the show is a big plus in his favor. At this point, if Blake or Carson leave they might as well just cancel production - it wouldn’t feel the same without him.

If we keep Blake as the stable force on the panel, he needs an extrovert who can play off his dryer sense of humor to make for good jokes/skits/shenanigans; enter Kelly, who’s a natural chatterbox but who is better-versed than Blake at the technical aspects of singing (given her classical training background) and has dabbled in different genres which can appeal to artists that are primarily pop/country/soul but don’t define themselves one way exclusively. It’s also a way for her to “give back” to other artists looking to boost their music careers.

With the two extroverts on the panel (Kelly, obviously, and Blake is an extrovert in the sense he feeds off the energy of being around other people but he isn’t as loud as people presume extroverts will be), someone who’s more “zen” and introspective with a lot of technical knowledge about singing who also isn’t country-adjacent brings some balance to the panel. Examples of judges that have filled this role are Usher (to some extent, though he’s more of an extrovert than the others in this list), Pharrell, Alicia, and most recently John.

Lastly, someone who’s less strictly in a country/R&B lane that can lean either introverted or extroverted as needed and understands the showmanship aspect of being an artist rounds out the panel. As much as people rag on Gwen for being image-focused, the fact she’s known as a fashion icon and has maintained a career spanning 30+ years means she’s a good filler for this role; last season, Nick was the closest of the four this role since he made a successful transition from Disney-wholesomeness-teenybopper to 20-something who’s stuff is still fairly clean but feels more mature. Other examples in this role: Shakira, Adam (in his last three seasons), and Miley.

Not every judge we fit is going to fit in the non-Blake roles, but if we have a panel that has those sorts of balances then the chemistry tends to be decent and there tends to be a coach’s team fits different viewers’ interests.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

As irritating as Minivan’s Blake-love-fest can be at times, he does have a pretty good ear for what the audience will connect with beyond just country (as evidenced by the fact that he’s turned for all but two of the winners even if they didn’t join his team) and the fact that he does seem to genuinely care about his artists beyond the show is a big plus in his favor. At this point, if Blake or Carson leave they might as well just cancel production - it wouldn’t feel the same without him.

If we keep Blake as the stable force on the panel, he needs an extrovert who can play off his dryer sense of humor to make for good jokes/skits/shenanigans; enter Kelly, who’s a natural chatterbox but who is better-versed than Blake at the technical aspects of singing (given her classical training background) and has dabbled in different genres which can appeal to artists that are primarily pop/country/soul but don’t define themselves one way exclusively. It’s also a way for her to “give back” to other artists looking to boost their music careers.

With the two extroverts on the panel (Kelly, obviously, and Blake is an extrovert in the sense he feeds off the energy of being around other people but he isn’t as loud as people presume extroverts will be), someone who’s more “zen” and introspective with a lot of technical knowledge about singing who also isn’t country-adjacent brings some balance to the panel. Examples of judges that have filled this role are Usher (to some extent, though he’s more of an extrovert than the others in this list), Pharrell, Alicia, and most recently John.

Lastly, someone who’s less strictly in a country/R&B lane that can lean either introverted or extroverted as needed and understands the showmanship aspect of being an artist rounds out the panel. As much as people rag on Gwen for being image-focused, the fact she’s known as a fashion icon and has maintained a career spanning 30+ years means she’s a good filler for this role; last season, Nick was the closest of the four this role since he made a successful transition from Disney-wholesomeness-teenybopper to 20-something who’s stuff is still fairly clean but feels more mature. Other examples in this role: Shakira, Adam (in his last three seasons), and Miley.

Not every judge we fit is going to fit in the non-Blake roles, but if we have a panel that has those sorts of balances then the chemistry tends to be decent and there tends to be a coach’s team fits different viewers’ interests.

lol this...is alot