The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

This might appeal to some younger fans, but the R&B divas who do best on the show tend to cater to the older fans of more a more traditional style R&B, like Whitney, Aretha, etc. The same is true for other genres, of course. Unfortunately, the show’s viewers aren’t the target market of  major record labels, and being on the show doesn’t move the needle of the careers for most contestants. 

Edited by TeamAudra

Some thoughts:
Kelly and John really wanted to have Tamara on their team, apparently she is an artist they could work with perfectly, Kelly knows how to handle those kinds of voices.
Gwen was not very interested in making her pitch to get it, apparently she knows very well that the best suited for Tamara was Kelly (we already know she did an excellent job with Rose, but I can tell the difference between her and Tamara)
Blake turned around but I didn't notice him very convinced and he wasn't very interested in her either.

Kelly was a little over the top honestly
I know we will enjoy Tamara a lot this season but I don't see her in the final

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

This might appeal to some younger fans, but the R&B divas who do best on the show tend to cater to the older fans of more a more traditional style R&B, like Whitney, Aretha, etc. The same is true for other genres, of course. Unfortunately, the show’s viewers aren’t the target market of  major record labels, and being on the show doesn’t move the needle of the careers for most contestants. 

i agree - this is definitely a more "modern" rnb, and to me it seems like the most modern we've had in the past few seasons, especially considering the songs she's done as well as how she sings and her personality. i'm interested to see how she takes it throughout the rest of the competition

I'm going to be totally honest here: I'm not impressed.  Tamara's performance felt way too overcooked.  Regardless, she clearly has the raw skill, so she definitely deserved that four chair turn.

If I was a coach, I probably would not have turned, though.  I'd probably pitch for Kelly instead.

• Like 1

Well, new prediction then: Tamara is opening the premiere a la Katie Kadan (big powerful voice, sassy personality, etc), and I´m betting on Taryn to close it, since she´s a block, and they might begin to stretch Kelly´s storyline of her getting block to her blocking attempt failing in Ep 2 (for Cami Clune)  to  her  scoring Desz in Ep 3.

51 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Seems like they used canned audience sounds as well, because I doubt those came from the virtual one.

Very likely this is the case.  From my understanding, the virtual audience for the blind auditions was on a 7 second delay, so the audience had to be muted during the blinds so as to not throw off the performers.

2 hours ago, seak05 said:

No, it’s not. FTR I love Lizzo. Lizzo has 100% more technique in her performance. Everything is enunciated. You can let loose, and growl, and rap, and still maintain control of your breath, the words, and the notes. 

I 100% Agree. Lizzo's performances of Cuz I Love You are way more controlled. She also has more breath control in the rap part. 

In terms of how I feel about Tamara's Blind, i'm usually the type to eat up the powerhouse diva types but aside from a few moments... that just wasn't it for me. I think she's a capable singer, but the song wasn't right for her. She oversang it and her control was lacking. It seems like it would be more impressive live though,  so I understand the 4-chair turn. I echo TeamAudra in hoping Desz will be better, because if it's true that Tamara had a little bit of pitchiness in her battle, then that + her audition would be a rough start for her. I hop she redeems herself later in the competition.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ottoship said:

How does Tamara not pick Kelly? It’s confusing bc she pitched the best and like Kelly knows how to navigate a competiiton.

Maybe she went in really wanting John and nothing was going to change that 

Edited by steve2013

3 hours ago, Minhtam said:

Very likely this is the case.  From my understanding, the virtual audience for the blind auditions was on a 7 second delay, so the audience had to be muted during the blinds so as to not throw off the performers.

They muted the audience in the studio, but they recorded all of the audience audio during the performance to add into the mix in post production. We were all instructed to clap and cheer like we would as if we were watching the performance in the studio. The delay for Blinds was kind of weird because the audio was probably coming across the stream in near real time, but the video had the 7 second delay. They used the sound effect in the audience audio that's used on TV to indicate when the coaches turned, but the warm up guy would also make sure to tell us so we were clapping and reacting to the turn when it happened. 

9 hours ago, jus.vshn said:

My prediction was right!

Not the biggest fan of Lizzo but I love that someone brings modern R&B to the show instead of the boring diva ballads. 

That said, she was way too over-the-top for me (Kymberli vibes) but it still was an enjoyable performance, mostly because of the refreshing song choice and her personality.

Conclusion: Great comedian and good singer but she has to work on her control and restraint.

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Not the biggest fan of Lizzo but I love that someone brings modern R&B to the show instead of the boring diva ballads. 

That said, she was way too over-the-top for me (Kymberli vibes) but it still was an enjoyable performance, mostly because of the refreshing song choice and her personality.

Conclusion: Great comedian and good singer but she has to work on her control and restraint.

that's why I compared him to Kyla Jade, his hearing was also a bit excessive in terms of voice and then Blake knew how to give him softer songs but with power where it was needed

there it's a little identical, with a mastery of her voice and a song where sweetness and power mix, she will be top

Edited by French20

6 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Seems like they cut some of the coaches comments in the video. What we get on tv might be different.

They always cut coaches comments, the coaches talk a lot, if they aired the unedited coaches audio you’d get like 5 contestants in two hours. 

But yeah, that’s why comments like Kelly had the best pitch, is an editing decision, not necessarily a reality.

3 minutes ago, French20 said:

Country*

I don’t think “country” decides his pairings and chooses the tragic song choices for his team (and I like John better than most here)

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1