The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

5 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Any predictions on Tuesdays leak?

Since we know Taryn will be on Tuesday, I’d say there’s a better than average chance it will be her. However, they don’t leak country performances very often, especially from females. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Since we know Taryn will be on Tuesday, I’d say there’s a better than average chance it will be her. However, they don’t leak country performances very often, especially from females. 

it's been so long i've forgotten - how do tuesday leaks work? what time do they leak?

16 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

How do we know that she’ll be on Tuesday🤔

7 minutes ago, Ronald13 said:

We could say that after many Seasons we know how It works. 🤣

Yep. I mean, between her IG and Facebook posts and comments, she’s basically told us she’s going to be on TUESDAY dozens of times. 

“Make sure you watch Monday and TUESDAY.”  

She’s not a very subtle individual to begin with. Before the weekend is up, she’ll probably just come out and say she’ll be on Tuesday. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Yep. I mean, between her IG and Facebook posts and comments, she’s basically told us she’s going to be on TUESDAY dozens of times. 

She’s not a very subtle individual to begin with. Before the weekend is up, she’ll probably just come out and say she’ll be on Tuesday. 

we're lucky that we stan someone who's so open about this stuff lolol

i wouldn't be surprised if she drops hints about her live songs once the lives start (when she wins the 4 way KO)

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I'm requesting sarcastic "So we only tune in on Monday night, right?" comments ASAP ;)

• Haha 2

Looks like this seasons Views on socials will be similar to season 17s numbers or lower. You can see that having Nick brought a big boost in YouTube views since adams seasons. Now that Nick is gone, we’re gonna see a drop.

IG- 190,000V/500Comments

YT- 263K-850 comments

FB- 650K

Facebook is very lower than previous seasons leaks I think this is because in the past, the coaches and nbc reposted the leaks in their pages but this season there was no repost to draw in more viewers.

10 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Looks like this seasons Views on socials will be similar to season 17s numbers or lower. You can see that having Nick brought a big boost in YouTube views since adams seasons. Now that Nick is gone, we’re gonna see a drop.

IG- 190,000V/500Comments

YT- 263K-850 comments

FB- 650K

Facebook is very lower than previous seasons leaks I think this is because in the past, the coaches and nbc reposted the leaks in their pages but this season there was no repost to draw in more viewers.

Those Facebook numbers are very poor for an account with 17M followers. Tamara’s video has only been shared 1.7K times.  Not good. 

• Like 1

I don't mind the new UI on mobile, but I'm not a fan of the desktop version. 

As for views, if they wanted better viewer engagement a country leak or a "shock factor" one would've likely done better on SM (especially Facebook) - the former genre is up and away the fan favorite, while the latter would generate more buzz because the "can y'all BELIEVE this" sort of aspect would be in play. I definitely agree having Nick there was a solid boost for views too, though.

It also doesn't help Tamara's YT numbers that at least for a while after her audition went live the John promo was still the video that autoplayed when you clicked on the channel's homepage (since that factor always at least slightly inflates the view numbers).

I'm seeing a handful of people in the YT comments going around claiming Tamara picked Gwen 🤣

(Tbf Gwen actually could've been a decent choice, since Gwen gave her the technique feedback here and has done well with AA divas in recent seasons, but y'all, come on - if the fact that she immediately addressed John as "Uncle John" isn't a dead giveaway for him being her first choice coach...) 

• Like 2

Some possible reasons for the low number of views/interactions across all social media platforms. 

-People weren’t that impressed with Tamara’s performance, hence the low number of shares. 

-They’ve already seen Tamara on the show, numerous times. We talk about the tendency of the producers to bring in at least one contestant like her every season. This season, we have two. Viewers are craving something different. In the absence of originality, they will default to someone like Jim. 

-People are bored with the show, and no longer wait breathlessly for the leak. 

I think it’s a combination of all of the above. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 4

Just now, VintageVoice said:

I'm seeing a handful of people in the YT comments going around claiming Tamara picked Gwen 🤣

(Tbf Gwen actually could've been a decent choice, since Gwen gave her the technique feedback here and has done well with AA divas in recent seasons, but y'all, come on - if the fact that she immediately addressed John as "Uncle John" isn't a dead giveaway for him being her first choice coach...) 

Yeah, I’ve seen people say that too. Like you said, Gwen wouldn’t have been a terrible choice for her. 

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

-They’ve already seen Tamara on the show, numerous times. We talk about the tendency for the producers to bring in at least one contestant like her every season. This season, we have two. Viewers are craving something different. In the absence of originality, they will default to someone like Jim. 

Yeah, I think the show is starting to overestimate the popularity of AA divas at this point. 😕 John Holiday would have been a better choice in my opinion, since singers like him aren’t the most common on the Voice. Unfortunately, you are right about defaulting to people like Jim. Country singers like Jim have the Minivan appeal that AA divas like Tamara just don’t. 😔  

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 3