American Idol Season 18 Top 10-or-11 Spoilers

Idol Maniac

7 minutes ago, Sept390 said:

I'm a bit confused. How is it confirmed? Did they film it already? I thought the judges would announce the save when the episode airs live? 

everything's pretaped, even the judges' comments, so they would already know

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

You literally answered your question: "they were all girls, and those who failed to move on had issues with demographics"

They probably didn't pick up much of a fanbase, and the casual voters are more likely to go for the men that go through than they would've been for the women.

I wonder why casual voters are more likely to go for men than for women.

45 minutes ago, Elliott said:

My guess is Sam. Potentially Julia. But Sam likes like the more obvious pick for needing to be saved.

I hope not!  And I hope that you’re proven wrong on it!

ETA:  You forgot that the stats have put Just Sam consistently in the Top 10.  Except for those from WNTS.  I think that Julia is the one that the judges will put through, since the judges love her too and the stats have her more in danger.

Edited by CarmenSandiego

19 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

I hope not!  And I hope that you’re proven wrong on it!

I like Sam? 🙄 I'm just pointing out that she's who I would guess is getting the save.

30 minutes ago, Elliott said:

I like Sam? 🙄 I'm just pointing out that she's who I would guess is getting the save.

For me personally, I wouldn't be shocked if Sam is not in the Top 5, but I would be very shocked if she wasn't in the Top 10. She's obviously one of the objective frontrunners in terms of stats, and while stats can be misleading, they can't be that misleading. Sam has got to be safe from public vote. 

If Sam doesn't get voted in by the public - it's because she chose a dated and uninspiring song - in a week where others turn in more interesting performances.

We all know she can sing.  So can Jessica Sanchez, but she was a Saved Contestant.  And Pia Toscano was a shock boot. 

Edited by mytake1

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

He's the only rock singer in the cast, and his song selections are songs that are very popular with the casual Idol fanbase.

Isn't Julia close to the top on social media streams and reactions? I'm not really following them too closely outside of the few people I'm a fan of, but @psterina could probably answer more definitively.

I'm not really gonna be much help, regarding Social Media  (the only Idol contestant that I check SM for regularly,  is Siobhan Magnus). However …  Julia got a lot of views, great comments, and a great Likes to Dislikes ratio on this last performance. That's all I know, but yay!! Glad to see that she and my top 5 favs made  it

I really hope the spoilers are wrong because I definitely think Lauren Spencer-Smith deserved a spot in the top 10 over some of the contestants that supposedly made it. I know Makayla might have more fans than her, but it's still surprising to me that Lauren didn't advance over her given how much better she sang than Makayla. But, unfortunately, with this format, being popular is probably more important than ever. That's why I truly think Arthur or Francisco is going to win. Right now, my money is on Francisco. But, we'll see what happens.

23 minutes ago, Idol Maniac said:

It is now my understanding that the voting results, as well as the judges’ verdict, will be pre-filmed. However, I’m not sure if they have already done so or not. Sorry for any confusion.

So the contestants themselves haven't known the results yet? 😶 How do you get it?

9 minutes ago, Sept390 said:

so the contestants themselves haven't known the results yet? 😶 How do you get it?

He has sources. But wisely so, they’re anonymous. I don’t think we have to worry about these being false; he also had elimination spoilers in S13.

16 hours ago, kenboy123 said:

I don't see how Grace would be the "judges tentative favorite" seeming that they didn't even pick her originally....Julia does make more sense, but Jovin just seems totally forgettable...and he is also a judges' favorite..also, Facebook views aren't votes...the online community is not an accurate representation of what's really going on...and who's getting votes...

And what exactly are the metrics you used to be shouting throughout the thread that Jovin was the saved contestant with such certainty. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, redwood79 said:

For me personally, I wouldn't be shocked if Sam is not in the Top 5, but I would be very shocked if she wasn't in the Top 10. She's obviously one of the objective frontrunners in terms of stats, and while stats can be misleading, they can't be that misleading. Sam has got to be safe from public vote. 

That’s why I don’t think that Just Sam is the one getting the save.  The stats all say that she’s a front runner and while her bad song choice might actually keep her out of the Top 5, the stats can’t be so misleading that she’s not in the Top 10.

2 hours ago, Elliott said:

He has sources. But wisely so, they’re anonymous. I don’t think we have to worry about these being false; he also had elimination spoilers in S13.

I feel bad for the contestants tho if they found out they got eliminated over the internet 

8 hours ago, AngelaKD said:

Only for the winner’s coronation, not the eliminations leading up to it.

So does this mean that there wouldn't be live voting for the top 11 (with the results being announced by the end of the show)?

56 minutes ago, BrokenHearted said:

Terrible but not at all surprising results. Kimmy and Lauren are robbed as hell. I'm guessing Makayla needed the save.

I agree, but Kimmy had been somewhat shaky beforehand in terms of performance skills, so that’s one reason why I thought that Makayla got in over Kimmy even though I thought Kimmy was better.  The big surprise was Lauren being eliminated.  I really thought she’d make it in, but I guess being from Canada hurt her.

anyone have spoilers about song selection for the top 10/11? 

between all the arguments of who should have made top 10 and if the spoilers are legit, it is pretty obvious the top 4 vote getters are arthur, francisco, sam and jonny, based on social media (facebook, youtube) statistics. the last place in the top 5 is up for grabs for the best performance. let the bloodbath begin.. 

michael jackson popcorn GIF

Edited by blackfield

7 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

I agree, but Kimmy had been somewhat shaky beforehand in terms of performance skills, so that’s one reason why I thought that Makayla got in over Kimmy even though I thought Kimmy was better.  The big surprise was Lauren being eliminated.  I really thought she’d make it in, but I guess being from Canada hurt her.

Kimmy's performance skills have been fine. Her problem was that she is just forgettable. She could sing circles around majority of this group. I like Malayla, but she has had shaky vocals for a while now. Cuz I Love You by Lizzo, Sorry Not Sorry, and Greedy have been shaky vocally. She is also not that great of a performer. She really needs to go back to a "The Prayer" type of performance, something that is impressive, cause her voice can't keep up with uptempo songs that also require you to belt out.  I am guessing she has some fan base from her AGT days.

I am interested in the top 11 --> top 5 cut. I feel like majority of the girls are toast.

7 hours ago, YeahRite said:

So does this mean that there wouldn't be live voting for the top 11 (with the results being announced by the end of the show)?

Correct. All the ABC promo says the show is on at 8 pm. They’ve ditched the “live coast to coast” concept until the actual finale. 

9 hours ago, YeahRite said:

There’s live voting for the Top 11 onward. There’s an article at MJ’s where the producer talks about it. The performances are pre-taped, but they’re announcing the results live.

I liked Kimmy & Lauren more than Makayla. But when there's a huge cut I think many voters vote based on popularity & how much airtime a contestant received. Lauren, Kimmy, etc. who had less airtime with the huge cut were at a disadvantage.