American Idol Season 18 Top 10-or-11 Spoilers

Idol Maniac

8 hours ago, Idol Maniac said:

To clarify, we did not release and then remove the spoilers. We will release them at the appropriate time.

Although the performances will be pre-filmed, the voting results are suppose to air live, which means that we will be revealing contestants’ fates before they themselves officially learn. We have done so before on only a few occasions, such as with the judges’ 10 rehearsal-based eliminations during season 13’s semi-finals, which we received backlash for, including from the parent of one eliminated contestant. Due to the rarity and controversial nature of such spoilers, we are waiting until after the contestants have filmed their performances.

8 hours ago, Idol Maniac said:

To clarify, we did not release and then remove the spoilers. We will release them at the appropriate time.

Although the performances will be pre-filmed, the voting results are suppose to air live, which means that we will be revealing contestants’ fates before they themselves officially learn. We have done so before on only a few occasions, such as with the judges’ 10 rehearsal-based eliminations during season 13’s semi-finals, which we received backlash for, including from the parent of one eliminated contestant. Due to the rarity and controversial nature of such spoilers, we are waiting until after the contestants have filmed their performances.

Will each of the Top 20 film performances?  Will we only get to see the Top 10 air?

2 hours ago, mytake1 said:

This is not a spoiler but according to the Idol press release for this Sunday's show, there will be an option for a Judges Save.  

ugh.  I thought that the one good thing about this condensed format was that it would mean no godawful Judges Save....   

15 hours ago, Idol Maniac said:

Due to the rarity and controversial nature of such spoilers, we are waiting until after the contestants have filmed their performances.

any idea if they've started filming them yet?  or if it won't be til the weekend?  

8 hours ago, pepperman said:

ugh.  I thought that the one good thing about this condensed format was that it would mean no godawful Judges Save....   

I'm actually not mad about it this time around... since there's such a drastic cut the first week, I think it'll be nice to have one more get another chance (even though they'll probably choose someone who SHOULD go home, knowing their track record).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, redwood79 said:

I thought the MJS blog article said they could use their save this round too though?

I just think it's worded funny since the Top 10 results are happening the same night the Top 20 results. :haha: Typically any saves doled out when the finalists are being built is referred to as a wildcard. :haha:

22 minutes ago, Elliott said:

They don't? They just get a judges save.

So are people voting only throughout the show then? Sounds like power voting blocs will win out then.

29 minutes ago, JC said:

So are people voting only throughout the show then? Sounds like power voting blocs will win out then.

Same as the last two years. It airs live at the same time in all time zones (so it'll be on at 2PM in Hawaii, for instance) and you vote throughout the show. At the end of the show, they announce the contestants leaving.

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

Same as the last two years. It airs live at the same time in all time zones (so it'll be on at 2PM in Hawaii, for instance) and you vote throughout the show. At the end of the show, they announce the contestants leaving.

LMAO I can't imagine watching Idol live in the afternoon

On 4/29/2020 at 11:38 AM, Idol Maniac said:

When do they film???...I thought the performances were supposed to be live...

7 minutes ago, kenboy123 said:

When do they film???...I thought the performances were supposed to be live...

The performances probably would have been live had the coronavirus not forced the show to use remote settings.  But the performances have to be be filmed via remote settings and that requires pre-filming.