The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

istersay

9 hours ago, mercfan3 said:

Joe Biden lost 17% of the Cuban vote to Trump because of his association to  Bernie Sanders.

The reality is, most democrats are much more moderate economically than Bernie - and are much more liberal than Bernie socially.

tbh, I have come to the conclusion that Joe Biden was the only democrat that was going to be able to beat Trump. 

Meh I think he is progressive enough socially. As part of the LGBT community I don't really care about virtue signaling and hanging Rainbow flags in businesses. I carry about who is enacting laws and policies against my people. 

With the choices we had, Biden did 25 years ago but I care about now. Biden actually pushed Obama on marriage equality.  Trump may virtue signal that he is for the Lgbt community but his supreme court and federal judge picks say otherwise 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Most people weren’t voting for Biden, as much as they were voting against Trump. Bernie would have certainly lost big, but there are a number of Democrats who would have come out on top. 

I cast my vote for Trump, but it was more of a vote against Biden-Harris.  Both candidates were awful. 

Joe Biden was a pill that those voters were able to swallow. How many other candidates would have been able to get the split ballot votes the way Joe did. Maybe Mayor Pete? The guy is a political genius but he’s an unknown and didn’t have minority support. Possibly Booker or Castro? (I doubt it). They would have gotten minority support, but struggled to get the white voters Joe got back in WI/PA/MI Certainly wasn’t Liz or Bernie. Amy is flat out unlikeable. Harris was going to get painted as more liberal than Bernie and Liz.

it’s not that Joe is a great candidate to be president. He might have been the only candidate that could get the group of voters Dems needed to beat the Donald cult.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sneaky said:

Meh I think he is progressive enough socially. As part of the LGBT community I don't really care about virtue signaling and hanging Rainbow flags in businesses. I carry about who is enacting laws and policies against my people. 

With the choices we had, Biden did 25 years ago but I care about now. Biden actually pushed Obama on marriage equality.  Trump may virtue signal that he is for the Lgbt community but his supreme court and federal judge picks say otherwise 

I agree.

I meant as a whole, Democrats are much more socially liberal than Bernie, and much more economically conservative than Bernie. 

Biden fits the overall base much better. It’s also just clear to me Dems need a better strategy. There are clearly more Dems in the country, but we’re failing systemically. We need to either put Stacey Abrams in complete control, or pick her brain...

On a side note, Joe Biden is going to go down in history as the VP to the first Black president. The first person to have a Black VP and Southeastern VP the first person to have a woman VP (which will likely open the door for the first woman president). Despite some of his policies, anti-racist and feminist historians will remember him well.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mercfan3 said:

Joe Biden was a pill that those voters were able to swallow. How many other candidates would have been able to get the split ballot votes the way Joe did. Maybe Mayor Pete? The guy is a political genius but he’s an unknown and didn’t have minority support. Possibly Booker or Castro? (I doubt it). They would have gotten minority support, but struggled to get the white voters Joe got back in WI/PA/MI Certainly wasn’t Liz or Bernie. Amy is flat out unlikeable. Harris was going to get painted as more liberal than Bernie and Liz.

it’s not that Joe is a great candidate to be president. He might have been the only candidate that could get the group of voters Dems needed to beat the Donald cult.

OK, if you’re just talking about the Democrats who ran for President, I can go along with that. It was a really weak field, and every candidate in that stage was deeply flawed. Biden pretty much won the nomination by default. 

I’m ready to move on to 2022 and 2024. My early favorite for 2024 is DeSantis, although Rubio is probably more electable. I think I’d be happy with either of them. 

Edited by TeamAudra

I'm happy to see that my conservative friends on IDF aren't fully committed to Trump's cause... At least not yet. :haha:

Here's a video that shortly explains how fascist propaganda works:

That guy did a pretty good job  explaining how fascism works, but most scholars often make the mistake of judging fascism with WW2 standards, and I think that only makes fascism look like a myth/fairytale instead of what really is; a simple yet very effective formula to gain indefinite power over an unhappy nation. 

Never take anything for granted, manipulate propaganda is getting scary levels of sophistication these days so you may end up supporting a dangerous group without even realizing it. 

7 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

mad salt GIF by Brimstone (The Grindhouse Radio, Hound Comics)

FYI ... the lawsuits, are beginning on Monday. I'm listening to Guilliani speaking (he's heading up the Trump legal team). There are SEVERAL counts of voter fraud. This truly .... is NOT over, by a long shot, yet. But, believe, what you want.  Not salty, just bringing facts. :peace:

Just now, Elliott said:

lol imagine thinking the Democrats cheated when they don’t even have control of the senate in the results. Clearly a great job at cheating. /s

Lmao for real. If you were going to cheat you'd think they'd do a better job at it. No senate, losing ground in the house, no "landslide" as was projected. 

Also lol that Trump is out golfing right now. A fitting conclusion.

• Like 1

question for the Trump supporters here, just wondering if things were reversed with like the late PA ballots  would you al be saying the same things. would you say Biden should file lawsuits like Trump is? 

Edited by bswanson

I think Trump needed the 270-268 scenario, or something close to it, to get the election into field-goal range for the courts. Whatever legal strategy Barr comes up with is going to need to throw out a *lot* of votes.

Plus, I don't think a lot of house Republicans will see it as worth their while to try to save him. Many of them had a great night. They gained in the house, they probably kept the senate, they finally get an offramp to Trump, meaning they can execute strategies without disruption, and they'll have probably have strong maps in 2022 and 2024, given the situation Biden is inheriting.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bswanson said:

question for  the Trump supporters here, just wondering if things were reversed  would you al be saying the same things. would you say Biden should file lawsuits like Trump is? 

If the things that have taken place, took place? YES.  I want the will of the people, to win out. And  .... I have no doubt, that it will   :))  

Because of all the shenanigans, and .... I have brought some of them here, for you all to see, it's all going to court, starting with Pennsylvania. This is all going to Federal Court.

A few states, mostly the ones, with the software that switched the votes, from Trump to Biden  ( I posted that a few posts ago, for you all to see) will all go to court

And THIS, is where it is REALLY going to get interesting. So .... keep your eyes open. It really, is not over, it's really just begun

6 hours ago, BrokenHearted said:

😂🤪

Let me ask you a question.

Who calls elections? Who? The courts, not the media. And ... it's only the media, that has called it, not the courts. So, make all the childish faces you want .... it doesn't change the truth. Sorry.