2019 Dancing with the Stars Rankdown

Alex95

Oooh whoaa, I just saw Sola cutting Zendaya? 😮 

Also shocked about the Janel cut too. I do love her but was hoping she wouldn't make the finals as I really want to see some new peeps in the Top 20. :ph34rwave:

Willow Shields

la-et-st-dancing-with-the-stars-recap-fi

I feel like Willow is the most fair cut out of all the ones left, so I am choosing to cut her. Willow is best known for playing Primrose Everdeen in the Hunger Games film franchise.She was cast on Season 20. She was only 14 years old at the time and definitely would've been a good candidate for Juniors if it was a thing back then. She was paired with Mark Ballas, who was currently in the midst of a streak where he was partnered with either really young or really conservative celebs. She actually turned out to be a really good dancer, with her lowest score being a 25 out of 40 for her Cha-Cha and showing marked improvement from there, never scoring below 32 in subsequent weeks. Her big highlight came during Most Memorable Year week where she danced an homage to the Hunger Games with a Contemporary routine inspired by the film and set to the song "Atlas". It scored a 39 out of 40 and is definitely her best moment on the show. Other dances of hers that I liked were her Alice in Wonderland Foxtrot and her Futuristic Jazz. Sadly, Willow was eliminated during week 7 despite being one of the stronger dancers of the season. I definitely consider her robbed in the context of that season and would've gladly taken her surviving over the likes of Chris Soules and Noah Galloway. Anyway, Willow was good and very consistent but not very memorable in the long run outside of her Contemporary, so I think this is a reasonable cut given who else she's up against. 

SAVING: Alesha Dixon

40 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

SAVING: Alesha Dixon

#bless ❤️ 

Also agree that Willow was the fairest cut based on the rest of the nominees. And agreed that it would have been nice and a better fit for her to be on DWTSJrs.

Agree that Willow (and Hayes for that matter) would have been better on Juniors - 14 is just too young for the adult show, should be 18+ unless the celeb is mature like Zendaya or Milo (who was more mature than the person he lost to despite being old enough to be his father!).

Why did Mark always get the really young celebs? Must have been weird having a partner significantly younger (a 14 and 28 year old are on different planets). Looking at his partner history, he never had any partners over the age of 40! Even Derek and the C-Bros have had a few. Would have been interesting to have seen Mark with an older celeb - after all, he did well with the likes of Kristi & Candace who were both a bit more mature/older than his usual type of celeb.

Edited by DWTSFan2001

William Levy 

220?cb=20121122090932

The original discount Gilles.  How exciting for him. I do not remember a single thing about this guy. I do remember he is crazy attractive. He was blessed with good genetics and has an amazing work ethic and self control. I guess since I do not remember a single he did during the show besides look pretty and be one of Cheryl's partners, I need the internets help. No wait, I remember he was overscored way too often and should have left sooner. (Still not at 100 words? Wiki it is)
He was on Season 14. He somehow ended up in 3rd place. He received way too many perfect scores. 

Saving Alexis I guess 

Edited by aliasocfan

Kimberley Walsh (Series 10)

CarefulIllegalAustraliankestrel-size_res

GorgeousUnfinishedHornedtoad-size_restri

ImperfectWetIchthyosaurs-size_restricted

As much as it pains me to cut anybody linked to Pasha, Val Chmerkovskiy deserves way better than the shit treatment given to him by Stephy and Sola this round. I would be more petty in my write-up, but I was accepted into my top Ph.D. program last night. So you guys are luck to have caught me in a fabulous mood. Kimberley Walsh is a former member of the hit girl group Girls Aloud. That leads me to believe she entered the competition as a ringer, and I love a good ringer.

Kimberley partnered up with Pasha for Series 10 of Strictly Come Dancing and ended the season as the runner-up. Pasha always deserves the best, so I am sure that her loss is an unfortunate one. Kimberley started the competition off with a Cha Cha, earning a 28 out of 40 and the second highest score on the leaderboard. Pretty modest score for a first week dance, seems like Strictly actually knows how to properly score. Kimberley danced a Foxtrot the following week and actually declined in her score, earning a 26 out of 40 and landing in the fourth spot on the leaderboard. Kimberley marginally improved on the third week, dancing a Quickstep on Hollywood Week that earned her a score of 29 out of 40 and tying for the third spot on the leaderboard. 

Week Four seems to be when Kimberley began to improve in the competition. On this Halloween Week, Kimberley danced a Paso Doble and earned a score of 31, tying for the second spot on the leaderboard. Week Five she dances a Salsa and earns a score of 33, tying again for the second spot on the leaderboard. Same story on Week Six. Viennese Waltz earned her a score of 34, tying for second spot on the leaderboard again. Wembley Week - Kimberley dances a Samba and earns a score of 34, which placed her fourth on the leaderboard. 

Week Eight. Kimberley dances a Tango and earns a score of 34 - again. Fourth on the leaderboard - again. Week Nine - Jive. Guess what score she received? 34. Tied for second on the leaderboard. This is getting boring. LOL. Week Ten finally sees Kimberley arrive to the competition, receiving a perfect score for her Cha-Cha/Tango fusion. The first perfect score of the season, and it took all the way until the quarter-finals to be given. What a change compared to DWTS.

Semi-finals arrive. Kimberley dances an American Smooth that receives a score of 38 and a Charleston that receives a perfect score. The second perfect score of the season. Kimberley advanced to the finals and performed a reprise of her Viennese Waltz from Week Six. Kimberley received a 39 for this routine. Then she performed her Showdance to "Crazy In Love." This makes the routine automatically deserving of a perfect score, but she received a 39 instead. Kimberley advanced to the final three and performed a reprise of her Tango from Week Eight, receiving a perfect score this time around.

Kimberley tied with season winner Louis for second place in points on the leaderboard, falling behind Denise by one point. Kimberley lost to Louis and his professional partner Flavia, and ended the season with the second highest total average (34.6). Seems like Kimberley really picked up in steam the last few weeks of the competition, but that is not enough to save her over the very great Val Chmerkovskiy partner, Danica McKellar.

SAVING: Danica McKellar

Kimberley. ❤️  She's a huge favorite of mine and I'm glad she made it this far. I think she would be really loved on here amongst those that haven't seen her.

Ooh and lol her constantly getting 34's was annoying because i felt she deserved better than that at times. :haha:

Great write-up there, Deee.