AI 18 Spoiler Discussion Thread

istersay

On 3/19/2020 at 12:56 PM, CarmenSandiego said:

Yeah.  I agree that Hannah is a fine singer but best singer?  That’s more subjective, especially with so many fine singers in this season.  And even the best singers can mess up, even if they make the Top 10 or Top 20.  Remember Catie from Season 16 when she forgot the lyrics to “Manic Monday”?  That got her eliminated.

After watching Hannah's YouTube videos and comparing them to the other top vocalists this season I'm convinced Hannah is by far the best vocalist this season.  I hope we get to see why Hannah got eliminated - if we don't get to see why we will all know Hannah screwed herself out of an opportunity to become an American Idol.

On 3/20/2020 at 8:25 PM, Cranberrys said:

After watching Hannah's YouTube videos and comparing them to the other top vocalists this season I'm convinced Hannah is by far the best vocalist this season.  I hope we get to see why Hannah got eliminated - if we don't get to see why we will all know Hannah screwed herself out of an opportunity to become an American Idol.

Well, we saw what happened — Hannah was cut in the duets, kind of what I thought might happen.

2 hours ago, holinessss said:

so what happens after next week? reruns? lol

Probably. I'm just wondering if they'll re-air episodes from this season or from one of the first two seasons that the show aired on ABC. Because I don't think it's fair to keep on airing new episodes featuring the current group of contestants, especially if the viewers aren't going to be able to see the show end the way they're accustomed to. But, that's just the way that I feel.

has no one figured out the twist yet? i know it. It wasn't because of the virus that they sent them home, it was so they could video tape themselves for youtube or another social media outlet, and that's the top 20 show, and that's how we vote.

7 hours ago, wgm said:

has no one figured out the twist yet? i know it. It wasn't because of the virus that they sent them home, it was so they could video tape themselves for youtube or another social media outlet, and that's the top 20 show, and that's how we vote.

Unless they want to provide the entire Top 20 with studio microphones and high quality video cameras, they aren't doing that.

10 hours ago, wgm said:

Is this possible? The top 20 was staying in a house together during the beginning of the Hollywood episodes airing. I’d be intrigued by the concept. 

• Like 1

Has anyone peaked at the top 40 song choices?

Im thrilled for Makayla Phillips singing Demi’s best song in my opinion. You don’t do it for me anymore. 

And Sophia Wackerman doing a funky dance track Levels by Nick Jonas should be amazing

• Like 1

Blah. Finally decided to check the spoilers. There are some questionable choices here, mostly the five (except Olivia, but I think she's almost 100% going to be a T20 cut whenever lives happen) that are mentioned and Lauren Spencer.

T20 Cuts

Aliana

DeWayne

Olivia ;-;

Probably Top20 Cuts

Lauren Spencer

Faith

Franklin

Probably safe but ???

Jonny

Sophia

Julia

Just Sam

Jovin

Everybody else is definitely in second week of semifinals, if there is a T12 or T14 or whatever

8 hours ago, holinessss said:

devon better not mess up falling by harry styles...i want it played in full!!

I’ve heard from a source that was there that he was stellar and it was the best performance of the round. I also have heard Sophia and Jonny were really good

On 3/24/2020 at 1:06 AM, wgm said:

That's honestly the worst idea ever. Everyone can sound good in their bedroom with no audience

On 3/24/2020 at 9:46 PM, Blirel said:

I’ve heard from a source that was there that he was stellar and it was the best performance of the round. I also have heard Sophia and Jonny were really good

The list was updated and it’s Francisco who sang Falling, so maybe that person just didn’t catch the singer’s name and thought it was Devin. 

12 hours ago, Carrie_On said:

The list was updated and it’s Francisco who sang Falling, so maybe that person just didn’t catch the singer’s name and thought it was Devin. 

I know someone who was there and said Devon was excellent. They were very sure that the person who was outstanding was Devon but I guess they could’ve been wrong

Here a summary of American Idol schedues

https://www.deseret.com/entertainment/2020/3/29/21198872/coronavirus-covid19-pandemic-american-idol-2020-live-episodes-top-20-production-schedule-abc

• On Friday, “Idol” producers announced they would air the pre-taped Hawaii episodes on Sunday, March 29, and Sunday, April 5. The two episodes were originally set to air during the same week, according to Deadline.
  • “American Idol” will announce the show’s top 20 finalists during the final pre-taped episode scheduled for April 5.
  • After the pre-taped episodes air, “Idol” is taking the footage from rehearsals with the top 20 contestants — about four hours worth of content — and running special episodes on April 12 and April 19 called “American Idol: This is Me,” according to the Hollywood Reporter.
  • The episodes explore the lives of the top 20 contestants.
  • This production plan helps the show buy time as producers figure out how — and when — they can proceed with the live episodes of performances and eliminations.
  • In the meantime, ABC is “monitoring the situation and exploring multiple options within statewide guidelines,” Deadline reported.
  • No new “Idol” episodes will air on Mondays for the foreseeable future.

• Like 1

omg rehearsal footage could be fun

also, i wonder if the producers have given the t20 ALL the themes for the season just in case they have to rush all the performances out? plus the producers will have time to clear songs and the contestants to practice the songs

11 minutes ago, m1key said:

im hoping that if Idol comes back on April 26th, they dont rush through 4 weeks of live shows and do some wack format like 20-10-5-3. 

what show is suppose to replace idol after the season? maybe if that show is also pushed back idol will get extended