idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
istersay

AI 18 Spoiler Discussion Thread

On 5/11/2020 at 3:17 PM, jdanton2 said:

lot of past Idols like Jordin and Ruben coming back as a part of a We Are The World performance. B)

https://www.mjsbigblog.com/american-idol-2020-finale-guest-stars-format-returning-alums.htm

• Lionel Richie to perform “We are the World” joined by Idol judges and members of the American Idol family, including Alejandro Aranda aka Scarypoolparty, Gabby Barrett, Jordin Sparks, Katharine McPhee, Kellie Pickler, Laine Hardy, Lauren Alaina, Phillip Phillips, Ruben Studdard and Scotty McCreery

It looks like Idol is still adding performers. Idol's Facebook page just confirmed Fantasia is performing.

2 hours ago, ptebwwong said:

It looks like Idol is still adding performers. Idol's Facebook page just confirmed Fantasia is performing.

the lead Muse announcement, period!

Could I just say how bad I feel for Louis Knight. When someone so young is promoted so heavily and then just thrown away because he had a couple of bad performances it really tugs at my heartstrings. This kid is just a kid and he's new at this and maybe the show is just too big for him right now. I really pray that this has not ruined is chances of having a music career. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, dchal1 said:

Could I just say how bad I feel for Louis Knight. When someone so young is promoted so heavily and then just thrown away because he had a couple of bad performances it really tugs at my heartstrings. This kid is just a kid and he's new at this and maybe the show is just too big for him right now. I really pray that this has not ruined is chances of having a music career. 

Unfortunately, it wasn’t just a couple of bad performances that did Louis in.  It was his being weaker than most of his competition.  He got as far as he did because he was a cute approachable guy.  I’m sorry but I believe that it’s true.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

Unfortunately, it wasn’t just a couple of bad performances that did Louis in.  It was his being weaker than most of his competition.  He got as far as he did because he was a cute approachable guy.  I’m sorry but I believe that it’s true.

That's the good thing about opinions everyone's entitled to have one. And I guess we may have been watching two different shows. Ty for ur input. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dchal1 said:

How was he thrown away? Why would it stop him from having a music career?   Louis made it all the way to Top 7 - beating out thousands of people.  That's where Jennifer Hudson finished. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

How was he thrown away? Why would it stop him from having a music career?   Louis made it all the way to Top 7 - beating out thousands of people.  That's where Jennifer Hudson finished. 

Louis Knight and Jennifer Hudson are two names that can never be compared. One is a queen, one is a peasant. 

On 5/12/2020 at 1:15 PM, mytake1 said:

I don't think she's being ignored.  Laine and Alejandro are from the current season.  Gabby has a song on the charts.  And she wouldn't be more high profile than the other alums.

I think she has talked too much sh*t about Idol and will likely not get invited back. They have been treating Laine very similarly but he has kept quiet so far.

1 hour ago, dchal1 said:

You can say the exact same thing for the entire Top 11 though... in the end they made the decision to come on this show and are aware of the potential outcomes.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, m1key said:

Louis Knight and Jennifer Hudson are two names that can never be compared. One is a queen, one is a peasant. 

No one is trying to compare.  Geeze.  My point - you don't have to win to have a career.   None of the finalists are "peasants". 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

No one is trying to compare.  Geeze.  My point - you don't have to win to have a career.   None of the finalists are "peasants". 

I understand your point very well. 🤗

20 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

28 minutes ago, m1key said:

He's just a 19yo kid. You don't have to be so rude. I'm on here looking for someone to make me feel better not someone to tear him down even more. 

On 5/13/2020 at 8:25 PM, m1key said:

I lol'ed at this even though I'm a Louis Knight fan :giggle:

I do want to point out Louis made top 7, J.Hud made it no farther. Also Louis's music would fare much better on the radio and iTunes/Spotify and sell better in general.

Frankly the only one in J.Hud's genre that actually is a queen is Bey.

Mrs Carter Beyonce GIF

• Like 1

S1 "MaddieGabby"

S2 "LaineAlejandro"

S3 "WhoIsItGonnaBe"

I'm happy with S2 treatment though. hehe

7 hours ago, NoBoundaries said:

S1 "MaddieGabby"

S2 "LaineAlejandro"

S3 "WhoIsItGonnaBe"

I'm happy with S2 treatment though. hehe

the Caleb erasure 🤣

On 5/13/2020 at 6:59 PM, dchal1 said:

What do you mean “thrown away”? He is in a competition that only has one winner. He made it all the way to the penultimate show. Exactly which other of the T5 should have been sacrificed so Louis wouldn’t have to deal with elimination? 

Good singers get eliminated every week once it gets down to crunch time. That’s the nature of the Idol beast.