AI 18 Spoiler Discussion Thread

istersay

5 hours ago, holinessss said:

what show is suppose to replace idol after the season? maybe if that show is also pushed back idol will get extended

I think it's a bunch of game shows on Sundays and The Bachelorette on Mondays.  not sure if the game shows have filmed already or not.  

On 3/25/2020 at 1:00 AM, redwood79 said:

Blah. Finally decided to check the spoilers. There are some questionable choices here, mostly the five (except Olivia, but I think she's almost 100% going to be a T20 cut whenever lives happen) that are mentioned and Lauren Spencer.

T20 Cuts

Aliana

DeWayne

Olivia ;-;

Probably Top20 Cuts

Lauren Spencer

Faith

Franklin

Probably safe but ???

Jonny

Sophia

Julia

Just Sam

Jovin

Everybody else is definitely in second week of semifinals, if there is a T12 or T14 or whatever

I couldn't see Aliana, Olivia, Faith, Franklin, Grace, Dewayne and to some extent Jovin make it past the semifinal

Out of the 13 remainings, Nick can be an early boot. He doesn't seem very good so far and we have more likable handsome guys (Louis, Francisco). Kimmy/Cyniah/Lauren Spencer/Makayla are too similar to each other, at least 2 of them will have to leave soon

3 hours ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Joanna just said in her live that for the Top 17, the artists will sing the songs from home and they’ll get sent the right equipment to do so. Which really sucks

so this is what The Voice is doing per a contestant going to lives

10 hours ago, holinessss said:

so this is what The Voice is doing per a contestant going to lives

I mean they really have no other choice. Its just gonna be awkward if a singers singing an uptempo song and they arent allowed to move around much because their living space doesnt allow them to.

1 hour ago, m1key said:

I mean they really have no other choice. Its just gonna be awkward if a singers singing an uptempo song and they arent allowed to move around much because their living space doesnt allow them to.

yea, it's a shame especially with this group

but maybe with the budget surplus they'll give us some studio versions! lol

From the Hollywood Reporter:

snip

"A note from the network, which announced the scheduling tweak on Friday morning, emphasized that the network is "monitoring the situation and exploring multiple options within statewide guidelines" and will share a production plan as soon as one is in place." 

snip

ABC is planning to finish the season.  I read today The Kelly Clarkson Show is going to produce new shows from Kelly's Montana Ranch and then move into a recording studio in LA for live shows beginning June 1st.  And I've read almost all of the other syndicated daytime talkers (including Wendy Williams) are finding ways to produce new content too.  You can bet the big Prime Time singing & talent competition shows will find creative ways to finish their seasons.

Idol can't afford to just let the season die.  They will come up with a plan and finish the season.

Unfortunately this season is so bad I don't even try to watch it live.  I can't even make it thru a whole show fast-forwarding it thru the DVR.  If Just Sam wasn't on this season I would abandon the show completely.

On 4/7/2020 at 1:06 AM, Cranberrys said:

From the Hollywood Reporter:

snip

"A note from the network, which announced the scheduling tweak on Friday morning, emphasized that the network is "monitoring the situation and exploring multiple options within statewide guidelines" and will share a production plan as soon as one is in place." 

snip

ABC is planning to finish the season.  I read today The Kelly Clarkson Show is going to produce new shows from Kelly's Montana Ranch and then move into a recording studio in LA for live shows beginning June 1st.  And I've read almost all of the other syndicated daytime talkers (including Wendy Williams) are finding ways to produce new content too.  You can bet the big Prime Time singing & talent competition shows will find creative ways to finish their seasons.

Idol can't afford to just let the season die.  They will come up with a plan and finish the season.

Unfortunately this season is so bad I don't even try to watch it live.  I can't even make it thru a whole show fast-forwarding it thru the DVR.  If Just Sam wasn't on this season I would abandon the show completely.

The talent isn’t bad this season. The editing is. Too much story time and talking time and not enough singing. 

3 hours ago, Blirel said:

The talent isn’t bad this season. The editing is. Too much story time and talking time and not enough singing. 

I would agree that the editing hasn’t been great but the talent has been just fine.  But Cranberrys is probably upset that Hannah failed to make it to the Showcase Round, let alone the Top 20/21, and that might be why Cranberrys thinks that this season is so bad.

1 hour ago, CarmenSandiego said:

I would agree that the editing hasn’t been great but the talent has been just fine.  But Cranberrys is probably upset that Hannah failed to make it to the Showcase Round, let alone the Top 20/21, and that might be why Cranberrys thinks that this season is so bad.

among many other things

This is not going to be the same because no production value or space for entertainers :( 

COVID-19 is the Taylor Hicks of this season - slaying the competition when no one asked for you