AI 18 Spoiler Discussion Thread

watching the disney night sing-a-long thing, hopefully this doesn't mean we won't get a disney night for idol

but as for filming from home, it looks like they've been given the same tech as ryan and it's been looking really nice and it doesn't sound like they've been overproduced so i'm very hopeful (i don't even think they autotuned auli'i at all)

amber riley i guess had a green screen on hand, it was cheesy but it was great quality

lighting is key, ariana's performance was a bit pixelated...she was in a closet or something 

i like how they cut in some scenes from the disney scenes

Edited by holinessss
  • Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

it looks like they already filmed the grace/lauren vote - they aired a commercial of a split screen of them standing in their house lol

You can say the exact same thing for the entire Top 11 though... in the end they made the decision to come on this show and are aware of the potential outcomes.

Good for Phillip Phillips, though.  ABC has pretty much ignored the alums from FOX, only bringing back Carrie and Adam to perform.  They did have Lauren Daigle on, but fans don't associate her with Id

they got beyonce to sing omg - wasn't for a full song...

they also got christina!

i wonder if they can afford higher profile guests now that they can perform from home lol...

they fit 15 full performances+intros/segues in 1hr

Edited by holinessss
15 hours ago, holinessss said:

here's a more in-depth piece regarding idol's decision https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/american-idol-abc-coronavirus-ryan-seacrest-katy-perry-1234584601/

excited to start!!

Kinane said the discussion switched to the fact that “Idol” had momentum, and postponing the show didn’t feel right — or fair to the contestants

As if it's about the contestants! A girl who had dreamed of performing on Idol stages since she was a kid like Makayla would die to wait for half a year rather than performing in her own basement

3 hours ago, Sept390 said:

As if it's about the contestants! A girl who had dreamed of performing on Idol stages since she was a kid like Makayla would die to wait for half a year rather than performing in her own basement

The dream should be about kick starting a career in the music industry.  Nothing is guarantee the show will be back in a year.  Shows are cancelled mid-season all the time.

44 minutes ago, redwood79 said:

All of these sound like fake excuses lol

The pandemic is not fake and it is driving the decisions.

Edited by mytake1
2 hours ago, mytake1 said:

The dream should be about kick starting a career in the music industry.  Nothing is guarantee the show will be back in a year.  Shows are cancelled mid-season all the time.

I don't think they'll cancel Idol - but they will have a different Judging panel next year at much lower salaries.

22 hours ago, mytake1 said:

14 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

When you have a virus that is causing a pandemic, there’s no such thing as a fake excuse.  Remember that.

Wow everybody is coming at me lol?? I never said the pandemic is not real?? I'm just saying the whole "we want it to be more pressure so we're making it only four weeks instead of extending the season" is obviously fake to cover up the fact that ABC probably does not want to extend American idol?

45 minutes ago, redwood79 said:

I'm just saying the whole "we want it to be more pressure so we're making it only four weeks instead of extending the season" is obviously fake to cover up the fact that ABC probably does not want to extend American idol?

But what else are they going to say?  They are not going to come out and say that ABC doesn't want to extend the show. 

It's just like when they proclaim every season that they are looking for the next big superstar.  When in reality everyone knows the show has not done that in years.

1 hour ago, redwood79 said:

Wow everybody is coming at me lol?? I never said the pandemic is not real?? I'm just saying the whole "we want it to be more pressure so we're making it only four weeks instead of extending the season" is obviously fake to cover up the fact that ABC probably does not want to extend American idol?

That’s almost word for word what the EP of the Voice said about having a reduced number of live shows and that was BEFORE the pandemic. 

so yea, it’s just PR happy talk. 

14 hours ago, m1key said:

Kimmy is singing All I Ask 

Overdone song is overdone. I don’t think she’ll do herself any favors with that choice. She’ll be forgotten.