idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
istersay

AI 18 Spoiler Discussion Thread

9 minutes ago, holinessss said:

i'm surprised they're having a guest performance at the beginning of the show (since everything's pretaped they can just go on with the show) instead of during the live voting...unless we get another guest?

They didn't figure it out after S16 or S17, so why start now? :dead:

37 minutes ago, holinessss said:

i'm surprised they're having a guest performance at the beginning of the show (since everything's pretaped they can just go on with the show) instead of during the live voting...unless we get another guest?

Good for Phillip Phillips, though.  ABC has pretty much ignored the alums from FOX, only bringing back Carrie and Adam to perform.  They did have Lauren Daigle on, but fans don't associate her with Idol.  She tried out for the show, but was eliminated by the judges early on.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

ABC has pretty much ignored the alums from FOX, only bringing back Carrie and Adam to perform.

They don't even care about the new alumni from the ABC seasons. :dead:

Edited by Elliott
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Elliott said:

except Gabby Barrett :dead:

• Haha 1

Just now, redwood79 said:

Unfortunately.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, m1key said:

A save could be interesting. They will 100% use it on the wrong person tho as we saw last season.

Unfortunately, you’re probably right.  But we have to remember that at the point where the save was used, it was the judges’s last chance, and the two people in jeopardy were Jeremiah and Laci.  I’m sure that the main reason why they chose to save Laci was because she and Madison were the only girls in the Top 6.  Had Jeremiah been up against Wade for the Save, I’m sure that the judges would have saved him.

33 minutes ago, redwood79 said:

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

Is that what happened with Laine?  He was suppose to perform on the April 19 clip show, but then nothing.  But Barrett was on bragging how contestants could be her.

2 hours ago, Elliott said:

They didn't figure it out after S16 or S17, so why start now? :dead:

or having them perform in the middle of the show tsk tsk

Four guests and not a single one of them is their incumbent champion. :dead:

How are the eliminations working tonight?

Are they announcing the top 10/11 at the beginning and then the top 5 at the end or are the top 5 not being announced until next week?

12 minutes ago, holding0n2jesus said:

How are the eliminations working tonight?

Are they announcing the top 10/11 at the beginning and then the top 5 at the end or are the top 5 not being announced until next week?

Top 5 next week

So, tonight each contestant will find out if they are safe. If they are safe they will compete for Top 5 and if in danger they will sing for judges save?  20 performances???

11 minutes ago, idolfan1234 said:

So, tonight each contestant will find out if they are safe. If they are safe they will compete for Top 5 and if in danger they will sing for judges save?  20 performances???

Is that confirmed somewhere? Because 20 performances + 4 guest performers + still announcing results seems like a lot to squeeze into one show.

Just now, idolfan1234 said:

I have no idea,  I was asking. I assumed all 20 filmed their performances 

Oh. :dead: I think they’re just announcing which ten make it through and the judges say who they’re saving if they choose to, so we only get the 10/11 performances tonight.

Though it’d be nice if they still posted the performances from the eliminated contestants on YouTube and whatnot, but I doubt it’d happen.

Colors Of The Wind (gabby/alyssa)

How Far I'll Go (jurnee/madison)

Remember Me (michelle/alejandro)

You've Got A Friend In Me (caleb/wade)

these 4 have been sung 2/2 times...and i can see arthur continuing the streak with You've Got A Friend In Me, sam with Remember Me if she wants to do something latino again, and makalya with Colors Of The Wind/How Far I'll Go (if she makes it) - hopefully they don't do repeats...

Okay, so they are going to do live voting for the finale at least. I was wondering about that, since so fast they've otherwise gone back to the old ways of handling voting--hell, they didn't even open the phone lines until the end of the show, which is entirely at odds with the direction they've taken this franchise.

Though it's still going to be awfully confusing with 7 people entering the finale not knowing whether they're in it or not. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ScarletDevilCCX said:

Okay, so they are going to do live voting for the finale at least. I was wondering about that, since so fast they've otherwise gone back to the old ways of handling voting--hell, they didn't even open the phone lines until the end of the show, which is entirely at odds with the direction they've taken this franchise.

Though it's still going to be awfully confusing with 7 people entering the finale not knowing whether they're in it or not. 

i think they did that bc they were performing 1by1 instead of eliminating everyone at once

one of the ideas they had to film the show for the pandemic was have disney animations as the audience members, so i wonder if they'll edit in disney characters/scenes into their disney performances like some of the disney singalong performances - could be interesting lol

3 hours ago, holinessss said:

one of the ideas they had to film the show for the pandemic was have disney animations as the audience members, so i wonder if they'll edit in disney characters/scenes into their disney performances like some of the disney singalong performances - could be interesting lol

I’d like to see that!

top 7 not 5

officially revealed on American Idol Instagram: they are going to a Top 5. Does this mean 5 in the finale or an extra week of competiton?