Quick news and notes of past Voice contestants.

TeamAudra

7 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

Ok, to come back on topic, here is the link to the new Mia Z music video: 

It's different from what she did on The Voice, but i think it's pretty good, i enjoyed it a lot

So I haven't really watched the older seasons so I went into this while recognizing Mia Z's name and knowing she sung some blues or something and that is NOT what I expected.

7 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

Ok, to come back on topic, here is the link to the new Mia Z music video: 

It's different from what she did on The Voice, but i think it's pretty good, i enjoyed it a lot

I’m not really a fan of that style, but I did a little recon, and came away thinking she has star potential. The odds are stacked against her, but it wouldn’t shock me if she made it big some day. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I’m not really a fan of that style, but I did a little recon, and came away thinking she has star potential. The odds are stacked against her, but it wouldn’t shock me if she made it big some day. 

Her whistle is my favorite part of her voice. Plus, she's also a unique blues artist. "The Thrill is Gone" was my favorite performance of hers.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

Her whistle is my favorite part of her voice. Plus, she's also a unique blues artist. "The Thrill is Gone" was my favorite performance of hers.

Yeah, except she’s not really a blues artist anymore. She’s 100% pop. Her style is much more marketable now. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Yeah, except she’s not really a blues artist anymore. She’s 100% pop. Her style is much more marketable now. 

I'm happy she shifted genre though. Her voice is meant for pop music because of that "whistle" she can nail. She might not have gone far in the competition on Season 8 because of her genre, but she was my favorite on Team Pharrell.

Edited by Dalton Eduardo
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

I'm happy she shifted genre though. Her voice is meant for pop music because of that "whistle" she can nail. She might not have gone far in the competition on Season 8 because of her genre, but she was my favorite on Team Pharrell.

Yeah, there are a lot more song clips here. Someone more into modern pop music will need to evaluate. 

https://instagram.com/miazanotti?igshid=jn6huggyvige

I do agree she should have gone further on the show. Minivan didn’t take to her. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Yeah, there are a lot more song clips here. Someone more into modern pop music will need to evaluate. 

https://instagram.com/miazanotti?igshid=jn6huggyvige

I do agree she should have gone further on the show. Minivan didn’t take to her. 

By looking at her photos and videos on her IG account, she looks so much like Amy Winehouse to me. 

Particularly this.

Edited by Dalton Eduardo

I don't know how to process this. Amanda Lee Peers Season 7 Team Gwen. In 2017 she did a indiegogo campaign for an EP. I compleatly forgotten about it. Today I received the merch from the campaign. At my old address. Luckly my sister still lived there otherwise it would have been lost.

ibLGzTpl.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thread's been quiet recently. Here are some new news.

Andrew Jannakos from Season 16 has officially signed with Sony Music Nashville.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHauivwhSut/?hl=en

Jake Hoot and Ricky Duran releases their take of "La Bamba" by Ritchie Valens. 

https://music.apple.com/us/album/la-bamba-single-feat-ricky-duran-single/1537523073 

There is a snippet of two of Todd Tilghman's new original songs. (One from IG but it was deleted after 24 hours).

https://www.facebook.com/1377884241/videos/10224085672554416/

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Gmm99 said:

Chevel Shepherd releases a new single, "Just Like A Circus."

The music video just came out at midnight too, and it’s really good. I can’t embed the YouTube but it’s in the CMT article. 

http://www.cmt.com/news/1827121/chevel-shepherd-just-like-the-circus/

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 3

Things were kinda rocky for perennial IDF favorite Morgan Wallen, The Voice's most successful alumnus, as he recently faced an alcohol-related arrest and then got kicked off SNL for party behavior just before his appearance that was not, say, sufficiently socially-distanced.  But never mind - he kept having hits of the bro country sort. Now, he's the Country Music Association's New Artist of the Year. https://people.com/country/cma-awards-2020-complete-winners-list/

Party on, The Voice's most famous dude!

31 minutes ago, WastedinMemphis said:

Things were kinda rocky for perennial IDF favorite Morgan Wallen, The Voice's most successful alumnus, as he recently faced an alcohol-related arrest and then got kicked off SNL for party behavior just before his appearance that was not, say, sufficiently socially-distanced.  But never mind - he kept having hits of the bro country sort. Now, he's the Country Music Association's New Artist of the Year. https://people.com/country/cma-awards-2020-complete-winners-list/

Party on, The Voice's most famous dude!

He also announced his next album and it’s going to be a double album—25 to 30 songs. Dropping 1/8/21, pre-order starting 11/20/20.

Glamour did another episode of their "_____ Watches Fan Covers" series, this time around with Dolly Parton.

They've had a bunch of former Voice contestants on the show before and this time around they had Angie Keilhauer (S10, starting at 2:31) and Steve Knill (S17, starting at 6:24)

Looking through these videos is a fun way to kill some time if you're having a lazy Saturday ;)

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Glamour did another episode of their "_____ Watches Fan Covers" series, this time around with Dolly Parton.

They've had a bunch of former Voice contestants on the show before and this time around they had Angie Keilhauer (S10, starting at 2:31) and Steve Knill (S17, starting at 6:24)

Looking through these videos is a fun way to kill some time if you're having a lazy Saturday ;)

Fun fact: if y'all stumble on the Christina Aguilera version of this series, you get Dana Harper from S11 in there - and Gwen's reactions has LiLi Joy from S16. I've linked them both below with time stamps.

Christina's reaction to Dana (starts at 6:19):

Gwen's reaction to LiLi (starts at 0:18): 

They're the two other videos I know for sure have Voice alumni featured in them, and funnily enough they're both ones done by former coaches. Kelly's done a reaction and and so has Alicia, but neither had any alumni of the show in their videos.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Fun fact: if y'all stumble on the Christina Aguilera version of this series, you get Dana Harper from S11 in there - and Gwen's reactions has LiLi Joy from S16. I've linked them both below with time stamps.

Christina's reaction to Dana (starts at 6:19):

Gwen's reaction to LiLi (starts at 0:18): 

They're the two other videos I know for sure have Voice alumni featured in them, and funnily enough they're both ones done by former coaches. Kelly's done a reaction and and so has Alicia, but neither had any alumni of the show in their videos.

If only she waited one season 😢

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...