Jump to content

Quick news and notes of past Voice contestants.


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Gmm99 said:

In regards to the Adam Wakefield situation, I won't believe her until it is absolutely proven that he did in fact rape her back in 2017. With "cancel culture" on the rise this year, I am not trusting anyone who makes these accusations unless there are irrefutable evidence supporting them. In all honestly, this drama may need to go to another thread.

so essentially you never would believe her because its practically impossible to prove that this happened. I dont really understand when people have a viewpoint like this, because if they were the one who was raped, and no one believed them, it would feel absolutely horrible.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was randomly thinking of Reagan Strange and looked her up on google and this is the first picture...... I AM DEAD🤣   POOR GIRL

I dont know why you feel the need to police her wording after she got raped... obviously she would be traumatized and using strong language has nothing to do with how seriously she should be taken. AN

Jordan and Republic have parted ways. Hey at least he got a few albums out of them. He is now with Provident Label Group which is a division of Sony. Provident is the label many of the top C

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Gmm99 said:

In regards to the Adam Wakefield situation, I won't believe her until it is absolutely proven that he did in fact rape her back in 2017. With "cancel culture" on the rise this year, I am not trusting anyone who makes these accusations unless there are irrefutable evidence supporting them. In all honestly, this drama may need to go to another thread.

I mean...

The following day, Erica says, a co-worker took her to a local hospital to have a rape kit completed. "The following week is a blur," she recounts, but writes about a "controlled call" between herself and Wakefield, during which police listened and recorded the conversation.

"He repeatedly said, 'I'm sorry I f--ked up,' while I cried and asked why he raped me," Erica says. "The following day the police went to his apartment and he told them he thought I was awake."

The day after police visited Wakefield's apartment, Erica says, the assistant district attorney threw out her case. "My rape kit showed trauma, they had recordings of him saying he 'f--ked up,' but it wasn't enough since he 'thought I was awake,'" she writes via Twitter. Following the alleged assault, Erica says she sought therapy via the Nashville's Sexual Assault Center. She says she's stayed quiet about the incident "because I'm terrified of him, the power he has and the repercussions of speaking out."

In a statement provided to Taste of Country, Wakefield says that Erica's accusation "was in connection with a relationship that took place three years ago." At the time, he says, he "gave a statement to detectives and fully cooperated with the investigating authorities."

 

Assuming that all of this is true, then yeah... that's rape. Adam's statement doesn't deny any of this happening, so I see no reason why we shouldn't believe her.

I understand the hesitancy to simply accept every accusation of sexual assault/misconduct/etc, but I find it important that each victim's voice is heard and acknowledged. If it didn't actually happen the way Erica said, then Adam's done an awful job defending himself and it seems that Erica's taken every proper route to address the situation and seek justice.

Edited by Someone648
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking through this woman’s twitter account, she doesn’t come off as bright individual, and she put herself in a bad situation that night, but I tend to believe her story. There was in fact a police report filed, so I don’t think it has anything to do with “cancel culture,” or whatever. 
 

Adam was still with his girlfriend, Jenny, at the time, according to his Instagram photos. The last post she appeared in was from June, 2019. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Looking through this woman’s twitter account, she doesn’t come off as bright individual, and she put herself in a bad situation that night, but I tend to believe her story. There was in fact a police report filed, so I don’t think it has anything to do with “cancel culture,” or whatever. 
 

Adam was still with his girlfriend, Jenny, at the time, according to his Instagram photos. The last post she appeared in was from June, 2019. 

So if someone isn't the sharpest tool in the shed it shouldn't be a wonder they got raped? There isn't anything a woman can do to deserve to get raped. Obviously you should take care of yourself and avoid sketchy people and places but it 100% isn't her fault no matter what she did that night

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, antikid said:

So if someone isn't the sharpest tool in the shed it shouldn't be a wonder they got raped? There isn't anything a woman can do to deserve to get raped. Obviously you should take care of yourself and avoid sketchy people and places but it 100% isn't her fault no matter what she did that night


Those are just my observations of the situation. I said I believe her story, but there are still some lessons to be learned from this. Putting aside the bad decisions she made that night, she probably shouldn’t be tweeting like a 12 year old, including 4 letter words, if she wants to be taken seriously, after making an accusation like that. But, yes, he probably raped her, and if he did, he should have faced charges. 
 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:


Those are just my observations of the situation. I said I believe her story, but there are still some lessons to be learned from this. Putting aside the bad decisions she made that night, she probably shouldn’t be tweeting like a 12 year old, including 4 letter words, if she wants to be taken seriously, after making an accusation like that. But, yes, he probably raped her, and if he did, he should have faced charges. 
 

 

There's a difference between believing a woman she got raped and realizing there's NOTHING she could've done to deserve it or 'ask' for it (unless obviously literally wanting to do it which then isn't rape) but that's it from me. I don't want to go back and forth about this

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, antikid said:

There's a difference between believing a woman she got raped and realizing there's NOTHING she could've done to deserve it or 'ask' for it (unless obviously literally wanting to do it which then isn't rape) but that's it from me. I don't want to go back and forth about this


Now, you’re putting words in my mouth, because I didn’t say she “deserved” or “asked” for it. Anyway, moving on....

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:


Now, you’re putting words in my mouth, because I didn’t say she “deserved” or “asked” for it. Anyway, moving on....

I know I said I'm done but just to clarify, someone getting themselves in a situation or making a bad decision means at least some of the fault falls on them for it happening so no, I'm not putting words in your mouth

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, antikid said:

I know I said I'm done but just to clarify, someone getting themselves in a situation or making a bad decision means at least some of the fault falls on them for it happening so no, I'm not putting words in your mouth


I thought we were done here. That’s your interpretation of what I said. She put herself in a situation where she’s unable to prove her accusation, beyond reasonable doubt, which is probably why charges weren’t filed. You used the words “deserved” and “asked for it,” which is quite different. We both agree that he probably had sex with her while she was passed out, so I think we can move on. 

Edited by TeamAudra
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 6/27/2020 at 2:07 PM, seak05 said:

Adam Wakefield has been accused of rape (he was actually accused in 2017, but Nashville PD refused to press charges, the woman recently went public with the story)  https://tasteofcountry.com/adam-wakefield-accused-of-rape-erica/

 

 

 

Not surprised at all.

10 hours ago, Gmm99 said:

In regards to the Adam Wakefield situation, I won't believe her until it is absolutely proven that he did in fact rape her back in 2017. With "cancel culture" on the rise this year, I am not trusting anyone who makes these accusations unless there are irrefutable evidence supporting them. In all honestly, this drama may need to go to another thread.

Lol, cancelled. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I knew people would call me out on my current stance. I took time to read Erica's statement. When she stated that she went to the ADA and get a rape kit completed right after the incident supports her story a bit. But then, like @TeamAudra said, she doesn't look like a very bright individual. I thought Erica herself made a bad decision that night trusting Adam. She put herself in that situation. If true, then Adam should have gotten charged. And I have to admit, he never defended himself that well when he said "I f****d up." I still have my doubts though.

Edited by Gmm99
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ashwinner said:

so essentially you never would believe her because its practically impossible to prove that this happened. I dont really understand when people have a viewpoint like this, because if they were the one who was raped, and no one believed them, it would feel absolutely horrible.

How would it be impossible? I am no expert in this stuff, but I strongly believe in "innocent until proven guilty." That is why I am not going to believe her fully just yet. 

Edited by Gmm99
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TeamAudra said:


Those are just my observations of the situation. I said I believe her story, but there are still some lessons to be learned from this. Putting aside the bad decisions she made that night, she probably shouldn’t be tweeting like a 12 year old, including 4 letter words, if she wants to be taken seriously, after making an accusation like that. But, yes, he probably raped her, and if he did, he should have faced charges. 
 

 

I dont know why you feel the need to police her wording after she got raped... obviously she would be traumatized and using strong language has nothing to do with how seriously she should be taken. ANY rape victim should be taken seriously, and if you disagree, then there's a major problem

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember the AGT video that featured a snippet of Nolan Neal (as seen on S10/S11 of The Voice) getting posted here, and this popped up in my recommendations on YouTube earlier today.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Judith Hill is featured on the new Gerard Way song for Umbrella Academy.

Thanks for the reminder to go dig the series out of the depths of my watch list on Netflix, now I have an extra reason to do so.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Chevel’s next single, “The Letter” will be released on Friday. 
 

Below is a snippet of the video, which will premiere on CMT....also on Friday. 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Randompersonhere said:

Abt 1:34 u can see camm wess full battle performance 

I remember the first part of this battle performance wasnt aired 

 

 

Wait I see. Yeah, I never remembered 1:34 thru 2:18. They cut out about half of Camm's total singing in that battle!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, David68 said:

Wait I see. Yeah, I never remembered 1:34 thru 2:18. They cut out about half of Camm's total singing in that battle!!!!

iirc, they aired the full battle on TV but the YouTube clip they posted cut out half the performance

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, rp3598 said:

iirc, they aired the full battle on TV but the YouTube clip they posted cut out half the performance

They really screwed him over with that - I missed that episode but watching the full battle here makes it a lot more even than the one-sided version the original YouTube video had presented. 

 

It got posted on her fan thread but not here, so I'm gonna drop this tweet from Season 13 champ Chloe MK/Chloe Kohanski: 

https://twitter.com/chloemk/status/1283224830339428361?s=20

Edited by VintageVoice
Link to post
Share on other sites

For those who were keeping up with La Voz US (Karen Galera from S15 and Julio Cesar Castillo from S3 are still in it - as well as Emily Piriz from American Idol), they're officially returning with the next round this Sunday, July 26th. Hope y'all are able to tune in!

https://www.telemundo.com/shows/la-voz/la-voz-us-2-regresa-con-la-emocion-de-la-etapa-final-tmna3822672

Link to post
Share on other sites

This technically isn't important news about the contestant itself, and maybe you're already familiar with this if you've spent too much time during quarantine on TikTok, but Regina Love's (S9) version of Midnight Train to Georgia has become a pretty popular sound over the past week.

 

Here's some popular examples - same format for most of them but I still found it pretty funny overall:

https://www.tiktok.com/music/Midnight-Train-To-Georgia-Performed-by-Regina-Love-6848719744049154822?lang=en

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...