Quick news and notes of past Voice contestants.

TeamAudra

There's an interview with Andrew on MusicRow.com today

Newcomer Andrew Jannakos Breaks Through With Viral Country Hit “Gone Too Soon” | MusicRow

Jannakos, like every artist, saw the majority of his shows canceled this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, he and his fiancée Katie turned to social media to help keep promoting his music—which turned “Gone Too Soon” into a viral sensation.

“I had 22 of my shows—which, to an independent artist like myself who nobody knew two months ago, was a good bit—I had all of them cancel. But you take the negatives and turn them into positives. So we just went on social media and were able to make something out of it.”

His fiancée encouraged him to release snippets of the song on TikTok prior to its official release, and that turned into 9 million views, helping Jannakos build a base of more than 600,000 subscribers on the platform. It was around that time he teamed Nashville-based managers Andrew Cohen and Anthony Stone to further fuel the song up the charts.

“It’s been cool to see what they bring to the table, with lots of good things to come,” Jannakos says.

Since “Gone Too Soon” has broken through on the music charts, Jannakos has been in talks with a few labels and says he had “more opportunities come up over the past couple of weeks and co-writes with people that are incredible.”

1 hour ago, roundtown said:

There's an interview with Andrew on MusicRow.com today

Newcomer Andrew Jannakos Breaks Through With Viral Country Hit “Gone Too Soon” | MusicRow

I was going to ask if they mentioned him being on the Voice, but I read the full article and it’s in the very first sentence.

Edited by AngelaKD

On the topic of TikToks, since I don't know everyone's familiarity with the true randomness of TikTok trends:

Regina Love's KO Cover of "Midnight Train to Georgia" recently went viral on TikTok because of the sole line: "I've got to go, Yeah!" People spun it into different things like "When my parents say I have to stay at home instead of going to college," or "If I have to jump off a cliff or let my parents read the gc." 

This is what I meant when I said that songs that get famous on TikTok usually do so because of a simple lyric, which is why Jannakos' song, which is likely not anything groundbreaking, got famous. A single lyric in the song attracted the attention of TikTok and a trend got created out of it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

On the topic of TikToks, since I don't know everyone's familiarity with the true randomness of TikTok trends:

Regina Love's KO Cover of "Midnight Train to Georgia" recently went viral on TikTok because of the sole line: "I've got to go, Yeah!" People spun it into different things like "When my parents say I have to stay at home instead of going to college," or "If I have to jump off a cliff or let my parents read the gc." 

This is what I meant when I said that songs that get famous on TikTok usually do so because of a simple lyric, which is why Jannakos' song, which is likely not anything groundbreaking, got famous. A single lyric in the song attracted the attention of TikTok and a trend got created out of it.

Do you know the lyric which did so?

5 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

She has 11.5 million YT subscribers. Videos have always been her biggest selling point.

I'm not a Melanie fan, but she got lucky by getting far on a televised competition (back in the olden days when doing well on a singing show meant more mainstream success) right as the "cutesy-creepy" pop scene was taking off, and knowing how to package herself as an artist at such a young age gave her a big boost as she was getting started. If she can stay successful and keep people talking about her, all the more power to her.

Joanna Serenko released her new single "Sister of Nostalgia" 

Allegra Miles just announced "Eyes", her first post-voice single, which will be released in a month (10.23). 

One of Allegra's snippets sounded kinda Dance pop so I'm very curious about this one. I'm expecting an R&B song though :haha:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, echoap said:

Joanna Serenko released her new single "Sister of Nostalgia" 

Allegra Miles just announced "Eyes", her first post-voice single, which will be released in a month (10.23). 

One of Allegra's snippets sounded kinda Dance pop so I'm very curious about this one. I'm expecting an R&B song though :haha:

ooh yes i saw that joanna posted the music video on her insta today 🙂

37 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. I wonder if his management drops him.

Yeah, he clearly has a problem with alcohol, and seems to be acknowledging it without spelling it out. But, no...I doubt his management will drop him. 

——

....On Instagram, the singer said he knows he is taking “a lot of heat” but said he plans to spend some time in private to try to “work on me.”

“On a more personal note, I think I have some growing up to do. I think I’ve lost myself a little bit. I’ve tried to find joy in the wrong places, and I don’t know, it’s left me with less joy, so I’m going to try to work on that,” Wallen said in his video. “I’m going to take a step back from the spotlight for a little while and go work on myself. I wish I could have made country music and my friends proud this Saturday. But I respect the decision once again.”

Edited by TeamAudra

On 9/23/2020 at 7:37 PM, TeamAudra said:

The bolded applies to each and every Voice champ. AJ comes out of nowhere to hit #1 on iTunes with big streaming numbers too, all because of 696k Tik Tok followers, and hardly anyone has noticed, or investigated how it happened. 

Javier - 29 Followers 

Jermaine - No account

Cassadee - No account

Danielle - 9946 Followers 
Tessanne - No account

Josh - No account 

Craig - No account 

Sawyer - No account 

Jordan - No account 

Alisan - 71 followers 

Sundance - No account. 
Chris - No account 

Chloe - No account 

Brynn - 2921 followers 

Chevel - 6594 followers 

Maelyn - No account 

Jake - 117 followers 

Todd - 656 followers 

Even the three with follower numbers in the thousands are very infrequent posters. There’s no reason any of them shouldn’t have at least 100K+

#AsleepAtTheWheel  

Brynn very recently started posting more videos on TikTok she's posted 8 new cover videos since September 30th. Her cover of "Mr. Brightside" posted on 10/8 has 242.4k views and her cover of "Yellow" posted on 10/7 has 196.7k views. She's also has 14.9k followers now, she's been promoting her TikTok account on Instagram and Twitter so it's unclear how many new followers are existing fans from those platforms and how many are people are new fans that discovered her on TikTok. There do seem to be quite a few comments that seem to be from new fans and also a lot of requests for her to put a full version on Spotify. Brynn posted a lot of replies to people's comments, engaging with fans especially new ones is definitely a good idea. 

I thought this Twitter exchange was cute:

Here's Brynn's TikTok

https://www.tiktok.com/@brynnzzyy?source=h5_m&lang=en

Edited by rhapsody99
Forgot to update follower count.
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, rhapsody99 said:

Brynn very recently started posting more videos on TikTok she's posted 8 new cover videos since September 30th. Her cover of "Mr. Brightside" posted on 10/8 has 242.4k views and her cover of "Yellow" posted on 10/7 has 196.7k views. She's also has 14.9k followers now, she's been promoting her TikTok account on Instagram and Twitter so it's unclear how many new followers are existing fans from those platforms and how many are people are new fans that discovered her on TikTok. There do seem to be quite a few comments that seem to be from new fans and also a lot of requests for her to put a full version on Spotify. Brynn posted a lot of replies to people's comments, engaging with fans especially new ones is definitely a good idea. 

I thought this Twitter exchange was cute:

Here's Brynn's TikTok

https://www.tiktok.com/@brynnzzyy?source=h5_m&lang=en

I noticed that. That’s a lot of views and a big jump in followers in a short time. There is definitely opportunity there. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

Jordan and Republic have parted ways. Hey at least he got a few albums out of them.

He is now with Provident Label Group which is a division of Sony.

Provident is the label many of the top Christian musical artists belong too so it's a perfect fit for Jordan.

Here is a link to his new mailing list https://forms.sonymusicfans.com/campaign/jordan-smith-email-list-sign-up/

oh yeah one more thing ...

NEW CHRISTMAS SINGLE OUT THIS FRIDAY!!!

Please let there be a new album too!

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, HelenaHandbasket said:

Jordan and Republic have parted ways. Hey at least he got a few albums out of them.

He is now with Provident Label Group which is a division of Sony.

Provident is the label many of the top Christian musical artists belong too so it's a perfect fit for Jordan.

Here is a link to his new mailing list https://forms.sonymusicfans.com/campaign/jordan-smith-email-list-sign-up/

oh yeah one more thing ...

NEW CHRISTMAS SINGLE OUT THIS FRIDAY!!!

Please let there be a new album too!

So excited !!! can't wait for his new single. Also I wanna say Jordan is one of the most hardworking contestants I've seen even under RR he had his first full album ready in just 6 months. And now that he separated ways from RR I just can't wait for the slayages that he'll do.

• Like 1