"The Voice" Gossip 2.0

Bouli

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Daillon said:

I don't think some things of that post are meant to be taken seriously :stealth:  

Like I said, the only part that kills it for me is the "without question". Otherwise, I have no problem with him feeling good about his and his friend's (because there was high praise for Victor in that post) work, and he didnt say it was the best battle in Voice history, just that it will be cemented like that. For me, thats not the case, but for other it might be.

But yeah, the first part mentioned pretty much invalidates any argument he is trying to make.

5 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Like I said, the only part that kills it for me is the "without question". Otherwise, I have no problem with him feeling good about his and his friend's (because there was high praise for Victor in that post) work, and he didnt say it was the best battle in Voice history, just that it will be cemented like that. For me, thats not the case, but for other it might be.

But yeah, the first part mentioned pretty much invalidates any argument he is trying to make.

These were the things I didn't think they were serious on. But obviously I don't know him so he might be being cocky and that's the end of the story.

However, unless it's blatantly obvious they are being rude/cocky/shady, I won't criticize it.

Edited by Daillon

Just now, Daillon said:

These were the things I didn't think they were serious on. But obviously I don't know him so he might be being cocky and that's the end of the story.

However, unless it's blatantly obvious they are being rude/cocky/shady, I won't criticize it.

Yeah, its not a good look, but IDF is already cancelling him, when he never attacked or disregard fellow contestants or anything. He might be cocky, but thats something for him to work on and he'll see the consecuences of it if he doesnt. Like I said, when someone mentioned Marisa I expected something worse, this is nowhere near it.

• Like 2

Just now, Bk1234 said:

Canceling him? Why is everyone taking this so far? :unsure:

Its probably the need for drama. I initally saw the post differently but its not nearly as bad as people have been saying it was. Not a good look, yes, but nothing that guarantees attacks against his character. Hell, no one deserves that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

Which is why I'm confused. All he said was "cemented in history" and people are spiraling? Talking about "I certainly didn't remember it," "I forgot it immediately," "there were better battles that night" like their opinion is supposed to be the bar or measuring stick. Kind of ironic to make comments like that while criticizing him for his comment. He didn't say it was the best battle ever lol. There have been some questionable choices by poster's on here on the best battles or performances in The Voice history lmao, but it's subjective and everyone is entitled to their opinions. He also didn't directly insult anyone. I can admit, it's a little on the cocky side, but it's really a big nothing burger tbh.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

Canceling him? Why is everyone taking this so far? :unsure:

I don’t think “cancelling” is the right term either. Someone used “side eye.” That kind of fits. We’ll all forget about it soon, because as has already been stated, we’ve seen far worse. Hell, I already forgot his name again. 🙃

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

9 hours ago, AliXRose said:

Lmaoooo cemented in The Voice Battles history ... dude you weren’t even the best of the night wtf are you talking about

The way that IDF is reacting to this makes me think that it's more likely that his post is more likely to be cemented in The Voice history, rather than his battle.

But, like TeamAudra said above, everyone's probably going to forget it soon.

Edited by QueenCami
  • Like 2

Deion and Victor went live on Tuesday.  They said that in rehearsals, John repeatedly said he’d use his save on them.

They might have just been exaggerating or not remembered it correctly, but if that’s true, that’s also gotta suck for him. Whether the battle warranted a save or not, he may have gone in assuming it would occur, which might have messed with him when he didn’t get saved. During the live, he seemed a little upset about not being saved or stolen. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Harmat said:

Deion and Victor went live on Tuesday.  They said that in rehearsals, John repeatedly said he’d use his save on them.

They might have just been exaggerating or not remembered it correctly, but if that’s true, that’s also gotta suck for him. Whether the battle warranted a save or not, he may have gone in assuming it would occur, which might have messed with him when he didn’t get saved. During the live, he seemed a little upset about not being saved or stolen. 

Oof, that sounds really rough. I can understand why he was upset/sad about not getting the save, then, if John had indeed repeatedly said he would. Then again, Deion was apparently pitchy (and that's the only reason that makes sense, given that they were super early and John changed his mind on using his save), so I think what happened was fair if was indeed pitchy. FWIW, from what we saw on TV, I think he deserved a save, but it would also mean Carolina wouldn't have gotten one, so I'm fine with the outcome. 

I definitely get though how that can mess with someone! I hope he gets to take some time to move past this, his voice is great and I wish him success in the future (and hope he doesn't let this get to him like it has for some people in the past).

• Like 1

Based off of everything I’m hearing about the battle, it seems like the version they showed on TV would warrant a save for Deion. This leads me to believe that tuning was involved because I don’t see why John wouldn’t save Deion if he promised to do so and he did good in his battle.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Based off of everything I’m hearing about the battle, it seems like the version they showed on TV would warrant a save for Deion. This leads me to believe that tuning was involved because I don’t see why John wouldn’t save Deion if he promised to do so and he did good in his battle.

Either that or he kept repeating that he would use his save when mentoring every single one of his pairings 💀

• Haha 1