"The Voice" Gossip 2.0

Bouli

4 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Either that or he kept repeating that he would use his save when mentoring every single one of his pairings 💀

Yeah, it’s also possible that he just said that after a pairing did really well. However, Deion/Victor’s early placement in the taping leads me to believe that a save was planned.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Yeah, it’s also possible that he just said that after a pairing did really well. However, Deion/Victor’s early placement in the taping leads me to believe that a save was planned.

I agree with this assessment. But, I totally get where Deion is coming from, it must have been really disappointing!

• Like 1

Given Nick and Kelsea's reactions when Deion started singing, I wouldn't have thought he got tuned (which we still dont know for sure and probably never will). The other coaches seemed to have enjoyed the battle from their reactions too.

A lot of coaches promise to save/steal contestants but at the end of the day they have other plans. Maybe John realized they occupied a similar space and he wanted to keep his team more diverse. Blake already has Cam, so he wasnt gonna steal. And I get the other two passing on him because, while he did very good, he wouldnt have been my first option to steal.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Harmat said:

Deion and Victor went live on Tuesday.  They said that in rehearsals, John repeatedly said he’d use his save on them.

They might have just been exaggerating or not remembered it correctly, but if that’s true, that’s also gotta suck for him. Whether the battle warranted a save or not, he may have gone in assuming it would occur, which might have messed with him when he didn’t get saved. During the live, he seemed a little upset about not being saved or stolen. 

i doubt John outright promised to use his Save. Probably more like “if you guys come through like you are doing in rehearsals, I won’t be able to decide and have to save one of you”.

3 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

i doubt John outright promised to use his Save. Probably more like “if you guys come through like you are doing in rehearsals, I won’t be able to decide and have to save one of you”.

Yeah, they hear what they want to hear. Besides, who cares? Once they get thrown into the 4-way KO, their days are numbered anyway. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

Yeah, they hear what they want to hear. Besides, who cares? Once they get thrown into the 4-way KO, their days are numbered anyway. 

But, you still get a studio recording, even if you don’t win it. :peace: 

Not in the 4-way KO. If they win that and go on the playoff, we get a studio of their bus song. 😂 

Every contestant in the 4WKO got their playoffs song recorded even if they don't make it, but you are right about the "bus song" part 🤭

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Not in the 4-way KO. If they win that and go on the playoff, we get a studio of their bus song. 😂 

Pretty much. Ryan was the exception though. That song would have gotten him PV. And in his fan thread we were all scared he was going to sing rock or country. Turns out we had to worry about other things lol.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Pretty much. Ryan was the exception though. That song would have gotten him PV. And in his fan thread we were all scared he was going to sing rock or country. Turns out we had to worry about other things lol.

There was the social media frenzy for Ryan, but we’ll never know whether the casual viewers felt the same way. We’ve been misled by that before. 

2 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

No one got a bus song last season imo.

Don´t remember what Larriah got, but Julia got Selena Gomez. That alone is a bus. And as for Taryn, apart from her voice being shot, the song didn´t help her. Ryan definitely got the best song out of all of them.

Edited by Misirlou

Just now, Misirlou said:

Don´t remember what Larriah got, but Julia got Selena Gomez. That alone is a bus. And as for Taryn, apart from her voice being shot, the song didn´t help her.

Did you listen to her version? If not, please do. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bk1234 said:

That wouldn’t qualify as a bus imo. She sang it well imo, it just didn’t make an impact.

Right, you just made my point....”didn’t make an impact.”  If they wanted her to have a legit chance of making it through, they would have given her something else. As soon as I listened to the studio, I knew she was toast. 

Just now, Misirlou said:

I did, and she definitely did her thing with it, but it wouldn´t have gotten her any votes, just like the Billie Eilish song didn´t.

Doesn’t make it a bus imo.

Right, you just made my point....”didn’t make an impact.”  If they wanted her to have a legit chance of making it through, they would have given her something else. As soon as I listened to the studio, I knew she was toast. 

Fair enough. I think calling it a “bus” is a bit exaggerated, but to each their own.

The only one who got a worse song choice than her on Team Blake was Jim.

Anyways, watched a bit of the Victor/Deion IG live, and Deion seemed legit upset that John didn´t save him (because according to both him and Victor he had promised to use it. It could have been true or just what they wanted to hear), and he also was upset that there was no steal despite him turning 3 chairs in the blinds too. This is pretty much like a Marisa situation, not in the sense of what she did on social media, but in the sense that she believed to heart what the coaches said to her (Kelly saying that she would be in the finale, in this case Nick saying it to Deion), and John saying he would use his save. 

He does think highly of himself though, he said he wanted Blake because he would have "dominated his team in any possible way", had Cam not gone first, since he is apparently a country music fan and claims to be able to give it a "soulful touch".  He also claimed that JHud would have for sure turned for him or saved him in the battle. 

At the end of the day he seemed dissappointed that John didn´t really think of him as a worthy save, as he also said he heard John say that the 4 way KO spot was reserved to someone with range and that can do amazing things, and he claims he did everything John asked him to do, which was basically salt to the wound.  

So, as cocky as he came across, I do get his dissappointment in some ways. But he should have known better than blatantly believe his coach or think that everybody would still want him even if he underperformed.

• Thanks 5

9 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

He does think highly of himself though, he said he wanted Blake because he would have "dominated his team in any possible way", had Cam not gone first, since he is apparently a country music fan and claims to be able to give it a "soulful touch".  He also claimed that JHud would have for sure turned for him or saved him in the battle. 

angry u mad GIF by Mayfly

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills Cat GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 2