"The Voice" Gossip 2.0

Bouli

Assuming that what Raine is saying is true, I wouldn't have imagined Kelly to be that blunt to Jose. Sure, she has proven in the past that she loves to speak her mind, and I dont disagree with her on this one, but it just seems out of character for her.

11 hours ago, SNI2 said:

This is why I get mad at The Voice sometimes. I remember watching Simon Cowell on Idol and most of the time he was very rude. But he wasn't afraid of speaking his mind. And people would let him. Kelly and Blake had a valid dispute. AIR IT. Now, the artist left harmed by the situation and I don't even blame the coaches. 

It's nice the "no controversy" on The Voice when Kelly burst into tears during hard times on her life, like the Lain Roy audition. They edited, like they should. But this is an interesting discussion. Should be kept.   

Even the non-montaged stuff gets heavily edited. Sometimes it’s to keep up the “no controversy” mantra, but mostly it’s for time. So even if they didn’t montage this KO, the likelihood of seeing Kelly and Blake go at each other for an extended argument is about nil.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

Even the non-montaged stuff gets heavily edited. Sometimes it’s to keep up the “no controversy” mantra, but mostly it’s for time. So even if they didn’t montage this KO, the likelihood of seeing Kelly and Blake go at each other for an extended argument is about nil.

I wasn't refering to the time specifically or suggesting they should show us an entire argument. But they cut out well deserved negative comments from the coaches and interesting discussions like this one. I believe the show could be a little more bold. 

12 hours ago, Harmat said:

Kelly: talks for 7-8 minutes about Raine. You make me want to be young and sweaty while crowdsurfing in my young days and go to live concerts. I want to go to your show. You have an energy and a light.  No offence, Jose, but I can think of 5-6 other people on the show right now who could have given that performance. But I can't think of anyone like Raine even in the industry right now. 

-Blake: Every decision needs to be made in the moment. He stood up and got aggressive. He said, the show's called the voice, not the artist. 

Kelly and Blake got frustrated with each other and were going back and forth. According to Raine, this is why she thinks she was montaged. (b/c it's "too controversial")

this seems a bit off, Kelly openly telling someone they don't bring anything new to the table and that they are not unique whatsoever and Blake saying it's not 'The Artist' when literally all season he's been hyping up indie constentants because they keep the show fresh? Just seems blown out of proportion

Also, very sad for Raine, she should've gone on Idol, the Voice is simply not for her

I don't think the word "aggressive" is meant to be taken literally 🥴 And keep in mind this is a show that is edited down. I'm sure the judges go through a range of emotions. Just because Blake is shown one way doesn't mean he doesn't express other opinions or emotions. It's not hard to believe it was a heated discussion. I don't think she just made that up. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, joe14 said:

I don't think the word "aggressive" is meant to be taken literally 🥴 And keep in mind this is a show that is edited down. I'm sure the judges go through a range of emotions. Just because Blake is shown one way doesn't mean he doesn't express other opinions or emotions. It's not hard to believe it was a heated discussion. I don't think she just made that up. 

I assume aggressive translates to an argument (as opposed to a discussion) happening. I don't think it means

Real Housewives GIF

or anything verbal comments analogous to that.

2 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

Wasn't there some kind of similar story with Tyler, the country no-chair ?

He just said that Kelly wasn´t very nice to him, and that Nick was the nicest. And yeah, the other thing with the producer.

Edited by Misirlou

Just now, Misirlou said:

He just said that Kelly wasn´t very nice to him, and that Nick was the nicest. And yeah, the other thing with the producer.

Oh right, there was something about Kelly saying something he'll never forget. It's really sad he had that experience :(

22 minutes ago, Dany said:

Raine saved the whole live 1h+

https://www.instagram.com/tv/COJ0h0pDj1g

Go see it in case she rethink and remove it.

This is a direct result of a contestant not understanding how the show works. If she had Voice savvy friend, she’d know that 1 KO gets montaged every single season. And of course it’s not because of time restraints, the show is designed that way.

My personal opinion is that they are protecting Nick and his strange decision-making process. The #1 directive is to make the coaches look good.

And she’s not even close to be the weirdest or quirkiest person on this show by a long shot!

2 hours ago, colemanftw said:

this seems a bit off, Kelly openly telling someone they don't bring anything new to the table and that they are not unique whatsoever and Blake saying it's not 'The Artist' when literally all season he's been hyping up indie constentants because they keep the show fresh? Just seems blown out of proportion

I had to make an account for this, they really are quite blunt and honest sometimes and it gets edited out. not to the point of rudeness, just that they have been in the industry and have strong feelings. I guess the editors didn't like the sass, but I would have rathered they cut out Connor's performance. 

anyway Blake literally said "isn't this show called The Voice?" and you should go with Jose, after Kelly made the argument that Raine's lane is unique and wide open and artistic. It was John & Kelly against Blake and somehow Nick folded.

Sorry Jose but he somehow made Break Every Chain quite boring in my opinion, and I know that's an epic song. I can see America voting him out when there are much more interesting contestants, Kelly was right.

Just now, dtripper said:

I had to make an account for this, they really are quite blunt and honest sometimes and it gets edited out. not to the point of rudeness, just that they have been in the industry and have strong feelings. I guess the editors didn't like the sass, but I would have rathered they cut out Connor's performance. 

anyway Blake literally said "isn't this show called The Voice?" and you should go with Jose, after Kelly made the argument that Raine's lane is unique and wide open and artistic. It was John & Kelly against Blake and somehow Nick folded.

Sorry Jose but he somehow made Break Every Chain quite boring in my opinion, and I know that's an epic song. I can see America voting him out when there are much more interesting contestants, Kelly was right.

On the first bolded part: This makes sense to me. Nick very clearly highly values Blake's opinion; he did the same thing with Rachel.

On the second bolded part: Although I loved Jose on both his blind and battle, the part of his knockout that they showed wasn't super flattering to me. Since they didn't air it, I can't really comment, but thanks for sharing your thoughts on the performance. That being said, I really enjoy Jose and hope he does well in the POs!

16 hours ago, Harmat said:

This is all a direct transcription of what she said. 

I couldn't hear myself in the battles because my mic was turned down. So I was shaky and flat the whole time. 

Coach Comments: 

-John: you brought the blinds magic again. Conviction. Jose is a technically better singer, but Nick, I would go with Raine. 

Kelly: talks for 7-8 minutes about Raine. You make me want to be young and sweaty while crowdsurfing in my young days and go to live concerts. I want to go to your show. You have an energy and a light.  No offence, Jose, but I can think of 5-6 other people on the show right now who could have given that performance. But I can't think of anyone like Raine even in the industry right now. 

-Blake: Every decision needs to be made in the moment. He stood up and got aggressive. He said, the show's called the voice, not the artist. 

Kelly and Blake got frustrated with each other and were going back and forth. According to Raine, this is why she thinks she was montaged. (b/c it's "too controversial")

Nick looked flustered like the youngest child who doesn't know what to do.

Kelly said, "Okay, but Nick, if I were you, I would send Raine to lives. Let her do her own thing. Imagine her playing purple rain, Nick."

After her goodbye speech: Kelly stands up. I WILL listen to your album, Raine. She said she wish she still had her steal to use on Raine. You deserve to go to lives.

In the rehearsal: 

-Snoop said you need to feel it, Jose.

After Raine's performance, Snoop gets up and starts pretend rollerskating and he said, "I love your rendition more than John Mayer's. He said, "Babygirl keep doing your thing"

I thought this was one of those joke scenarios at first after the sweaty crowdsurfing and "Imagine her singing Purple Rain" comments.... 🙄

Anyways, I think people are wrong in saying that Raine is incorrect in assuming why she was montaged; she's probably at least partially correct that she was montaged due to the argument.

- Out of 12 KOs, 4 had steals which prevented them from getting the montage ofc. (8/12)

- Apart from Jordyn Simone being a rare exception, battle steals are also pretty consistently not montaged, so that eliminated Victor vs. Gene, Dana vs. Keegan, and Kenzie vs. Avery. (5/12)

- I also don't think they would montage a blocked contestant getting eliminated, so that rules out Pia vs. Ciana. (4/12)

- With Zania giving the breakout performance she gave, it was also unlikely she would get montaged. (3/12)

- The only real KOs that were eligible for a montage would've been Jordan vs. Ethan, Cam vs. Connor, and Raine vs. Jose. Performances that occur later in production are less likely to get aired, as it's a bit awkward to edit them, so that rules out Jordan vs. Ethan, who performed pretty early on. (2/12)

The only people really possible of getting the montage were Connor vs. Cam and Raine vs. Jose. In a regular season, I actually think they would've montaged Connor vs. Cam, because they usually montage the people that flopped in the KOs (Anaya Cheyenne, Van Andrews, Chris Crump, etc.), but I think the Kelly vs. Blake fight probably lead to Raine's KO getting montaged instead. Keep in mind that for KO montages, they have never aired even a snip-it of the loser's performance, but they actually showed us a clip of Raine's, showing that the producers probably thought Raine's performance was actually pretty good and not a flop. I don't think it would've been too hard to edit out the argument they had, especially Kelly's claim that she wished she didn't steal Zae and stole Raine instead, but overall, I think the Blake/Kelly argument probably tipped the scale towards Raine and Jose getting montaged, at least over Cam vs. Connor.

10 minutes ago, ikwonic said:

I thought this was one of those joke scenarios at first after the sweaty crowdsurfing and "Imagine her singing Purple Rain" comments.... 🙄

Anyways, I think people are wrong in saying that Raine is incorrect in assuming why she was montaged; she's probably at least partially correct that she was montaged due to the argument.

- Out of 12 KOs, 4 had steals which prevented them from getting the montage ofc. (8/12)

- Apart from Jordyn Simone being a rare exception, battle steals are also pretty consistently not montaged, so that eliminated Victor vs. Gene, Dana vs. Keegan, and Kenzie vs. Avery. (5/12)

- I also don't think they would montage a blocked contestant getting eliminated, so that rules out Pia vs. Ciana. (4/12)

- With Zania giving the breakout performance she gave, it was also unlikely she would get montaged. (3/12)

- The only real KOs that were eligible for a montage would've been Jordan vs. Ethan, Cam vs. Connor, and Raine vs. Jose. Performances that occur later in production are less likely to get aired, as it's a bit awkward to edit them, so that rules out Jordan vs. Ethan, who performed pretty early on. (2/12)

The only people really possible of getting the montage were Connor vs. Cam and Raine vs. Jose. In a regular season, I actually think they would've montaged Connor vs. Cam, because they usually montage the people that flopped in the KOs (Anaya Cheyenne, Van Andrews, Chris Crump, etc.), but I think the Kelly vs. Blake fight probably lead to Raine's KO getting montaged instead. Keep in mind that for KO montages, they have never aired even a snip-it of the loser's performance, but they actually showed us a clip of Raine's, showing that the producers probably thought Raine's performance was actually pretty good and not a flop. I don't think it would've been too hard to edit out the argument they had, especially Kelly's claim that she wished she didn't steal Zae and stole Raine instead, but overall, I think the Blake/Kelly argument probably tipped the scale towards Raine and Jose getting montaged, at least over Cam vs. Connor.

I don't think they would have montaged Cam, honestly. I know Mandi also gave an excellent performance, but she was never a frontrunner either way.

Lol did you see that Cam performance? Zero chance it was ever getting montaged. They did short clip Connor. The montage was only ever going to be Jordan/Ethan or raine/jose. They like to keep some country in each episode to make the core demo happy, and Jordan had the best performance of the four. 

They’ve shown the coaches debating artistry vs voice before. Sometimes the simplest explanations are the correct one, it was montaged bc it was one of the weaker ones.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dtripper said:

My thoughts on why Nick chose Jose over Raine... Nick picked Raine over Andrew in the battle rounds even though Andrew was better. And he picked her because of her artistry. Then it sounds like she didn’t really deliver again vocally (Raine even said she was flat). Maybe it would’ve been hard to justify putting her through to lives when now it’s two performances she didn’t deliver on. That’s probably why Nick sided with Blake over Kelly/John.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Wendybird said:

My thoughts on why Nick chose Jose over Raine... Nick picked Raine over Andrew in the battle rounds even though Andrew was better. And he picked her because of her artistry. Then it sounds like she didn’t really deliver again vocally (Raine even said she was flat). Maybe it would’ve been hard to justify putting her through to lives when now it’s two performances she didn’t deliver on. That’s probably why Nick sided with Blake over Kelly/John.

Yeah I think that's pretty reasonable even though I didn't enjoy Andrew that much either, she owns up to not having that showstopper voice (and that she had tonsilitis). The part I liked about Kelly's argument is that it would just be a better experience for the viewers and the show to have a more diverse roster of artists, and other people could do Jose's runs better than him. 👀 Since they insist on putting performances on Youtube immediately these days, I do wonder if it wouldn't hurt to put the full thing up there. I'm interested in the court of public opinion haha

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wendybird said:

I totally agree on this assessment. And while I think her story has credibility (although it’s only one side to a story), I still don’t think Raine is doing herself much favors by continuing the rant on Instagram. 

12 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Assuming that what Raine is saying is true, I wouldn't have imagined Kelly to be that blunt to Jose. Sure, she has proven in the past that she loves to speak her mind, and I dont disagree with her on this one, but it just seems out of character for her.

I'm inclined to agree with it since I saw a comment from someone in another forum a long time before that came out saying that they saw the KOs live and they thought Jose's KO was bad and that Kelly had some harsh words for him.  

This montaging and mystery/drama has made me way more interested in hearing from Raine now so idk! Here's the song, and also the Killers When You Were Young is on her channel. She had wanted to play earlier and it didn't clear. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, dtripper said:

This montaging and mystery/drama has made me way more interested in hearing from Raine now so idk! Here's the song, and also the Killers When You Were Young is on her channel. She had wanted to play earlier and it didn't clear. 

I thought this performance was great! I really like Jose, but I don't really think he would have topped this, only based on the montage clip we got of him singing. It seems like the power of the song was replaced by a marathon of runs.

13 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

I thought this performance was great! I really like Jose, but I don't really think he would have topped this, only based on the montage clip we got of him singing. It seems like the power of the song was replaced by a marathon of runs.

My preference would depend on who was more solid vocally on-stage. 

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

My preference would depend on who was more solid vocally on-stage. 

Absolutely, we have no idea whether this was touched up or whether she simply performed better/worse on stage. I will say, though, I think this song fits her well and I'm glad she posted a cover of it online, since we couldn't see the real thing.

• Like 1