The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

istersay

marybeth is the most overrated act on the voice by fat. she can barely control her vocals and has horrendous belting. her song choices are way too big for her and also overdone. she's no maelyn, she's just blonde hair with blue eyes, of course american favorite.

chelsea > myla's cat dying screams

joana should be the first one to leave on team gwen not myracle (and she robbed max too)

will is the best on team john

myracle's save performance is the best one by far from this season, magical moment there.

Not really sure how “unpop” (or not) it is, but... Marybeth is free falling. She’s been pretty underwhelming since the lives started. I keep expecting a moment from her, but every performance of hers is just so “just there”. John isn’t really helping either. I thought she was some kind of pop-ish country leaning artist, but her journey with John doesn’t sign at that direction at all. IDK, I guess I was just expecting something very different from her and it’s probably on me anyways.

I enjoy Marybeth, but that’s just it. The only live performance I really loved from her was GRHOTM. She’s good but I am not obsessed with her like idf is.

I enjoy Marybeth, but that’s just it. The only live performance I really loved from her was GRHOTM. She’s good but I am not obsessed with her like idf is.

41 people have voted so far. 4 chose her as their favorite, 3 as their least favorite. Not only is she not close to being an IDF fav, she isn’t even particularly polarizing. Most don’t care much either way. It’s probably like that out in the real world too. That means she needs to knock it out of the park on a weekly basis. Good luck with that.

https://idolforums.com/index.php?showtopic=741075

Edited by TeamAudra

41 people have voted so far. 4 chose her as their favorite, 3 as their least favorite. Not only is she not close to being an IDF fav, she isn’t even particularly polarizing. Most don’t care much either way. It’s probably like that out in the real world too. That means she needs to knock it out of the park on a weekly basis. Good luck with that.

https://idolforums.com/index.php?showtopic=741075

I mean she barely gets any criticism from anyone other than the three same people on here. Also polls don’t always portray accuracy. Sometimes people troll, or maybe they have more than one #1 fav and can’t decide. Anyways being an idf fav isn’t a bad thing, I just don’t get the obsession.

I mean she barely gets any criticism from anyone other than the three same people on here. Also polls don’t always portray accuracy. Sometimes people troll, or maybe they have more than one #1 fav and can’t decide. Anyways being an idf fav isn’t a bad thing, I just don’t get the obsession.

Again...outside of a couple people, there is no obsession on IDF. I think there are several people who would like her to do better, but have conceded that she hasn’t performed up to their standards. That doesn’t necessarily mean people dislike her voice, or anything else about her. I don’t think she has a sizable fanbase, either on IDF, or anywhere else. She needs casual votes, which will require consistently better performances than what she delivered this week.

Maybe this is the best or safest place to put this question. I usually have a fairly good ear. Does anyone else find Kat often pitchy & having a small weak voice that sounds shaky or unsure? This is what I hear, yet, she seems to garner a decent number of votes.

Maybe this is the best or safest place to put this question. I usually have a fairly good ear. Does anyone else find Kat often pitchy & having a small weak voice that sounds shaky or unsure? This is what I hear, yet, she seems to garner a decent number of votes.

This is what I've felt since lives began, but it's not too horrific to make me absolutely complain. She's simply never had a truly good performance for me, although strangely, I don't think I've heard her deliver anything close to a trainwreck.

Even in the earlier rounds where people called it "angelic" or "soothing," I found it breathy and difficult to listen to. Honestly, she'd have been home a long time ago if she were on any team but Blake.

Edited by Someone648

This is probably contrary to popular opinion, but, personally, I, really, do not care for what Katie does to songs. Sound way too affected to be appealing (anymore).

Adele does such a beautiful sounding song.

Katie ROCKS AND RULES!!

Long live Queen Katie!!

What a shame that Katie is more pop than Rose.

If I remember correctly, Rose won by one or two votes in the most recent "Who's your favorite contestant" poll on IDF.

If you're referring to the actual voting, yes, Katie seems way more popular.

Edited by echoap

Well, it worked out for Maelyn. And Rose is from Texas, so she could have some crucial local support

Would be cool to see Rose overtake the competition to win this whole thing tbh.

Also for Marybeth to comeback like Chris Jamson/Joshua Davis and snag a PV :ph34r:

Edited by QueenMae16

Would be cool to see Rose overtake the competition to win this whole thing tbh.

Also for Marybeth to comeback like Chris Jamson/Joshua Davis and snag a PV :ph34r:

Yeah, I'd be down with that. And NBC would breathe a sigh of relief lol. She'd be the first AA female to win the Voice. Imagine that.

The MB part I'd be surprised after last week's bus, and I'm expecting another one next week, but who knows?

Yeah, I'd be down with that. And NBC would breathe a sigh of relief lol. She'd be the first AA female to win the Voice. Imagine that.

The MB part I'd be surprised after last week's bus, and I'm expecting another one next week, but who knows?

After the whole Gabrielle Union/AGT/Simon Cowell fiasco, I think pushing a Rose win would be somewhat beneficial for them. :whistling:

After the whole Gabrielle Union/AGT/Simon Cowell fiasco, I think pushing a Rose win would be somewhat beneficial for them. :whistling:

Yeah, that's what I meant. They must be fantasizing about a Rose win. Next week could get real interesting... :whistling:

Can they give Rose another Blake Shelton song next week? Because, if she gets the typical big voice divas song, she‘s gonna be singing for the save. Not that there’s anything wrong with 4th place these days.

My opinion on Rose v. Katie. Katie is way more unique. Rose is a very good singer, but we’ve seen that act numerous times (almost every season, tbh). That’s also how I feel about Jake.