The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

I’m not lying. Did you hear Katie last night how much John impacted her? Also John has some good song choices during the times he was allowed to pick. Also his comments in some of the blinds were hilarious.

Just because I think that John is the worst coach this season, it doesn't mean that I don't recognize some good values in his coaching.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cami is overrated, nothing special. Brooke Adee’s Verdion was better

Unless if he was somehow on Team Adam.

Don't even go there with me.  I'm not doing this again.😡

These three words have been so overused on IDF, they’ve lost their meaning.....

“Robbed”

“Bussed”

“Queen”

Or, a combination of the two....”Robbed Queen.” I roll my eyes most of the time.

Queen Katie was robbed last night and bussed the night before.

:haha:

These three words have been so overused on IDF, they’ve lost their meaning.....

“Robbed”

“Bussed”

“Queen”

Or, a combination of the two....”Robbed Queen.” I roll my eyes most of the time.

a few seasons ago a contestant named Queen Bus was robbed

I think TPTB had other plans for the season, but the coaches' decision making messed it up, and the Hoot winning was the best possible outcome under such circumstances. :lmao:

I think the season was always meant for Kelly to win, after she got shut out of the finals last season.

I think the season was always meant for Kelly to win, after she got shut out of the finals last season.

Nah, the thing they wanted badly was all four coaches in the finale. Carson mentioned that several times. They also obviously wanted to prevent Gwen from being humiliated by being locked out of the finale once again.

Beyond that, I don’t think they really cared.

Considering that the Hoot won so easily, this is also highly likely. :yes:

It would explain a lot. Like why Blake came up with a lame excuse to explain why he didn't turn for Jake (he's turned for much worse), why nobody else turned, why Blake got rid of all of his country artists one way or the other, why he waited for the semis to finally give Ricky a competition-friendly song, why Katie got songs that would invariably make people call her screamer, why she never got the pimp spot after the POs, why she opened twice, why the wtf covers in the finals for Katie and Ricky. Meanwhile Jake was getting competition-friendly songs the whole time and racking up bonuses. The votes showed Rose was no threat, so a second pimp spot couldn't hurt. Did I forget anything?

Imagine if Ricky and Katie weren't bussed, could they have still beat the Hoot?

Blake looked defeated this whole season and John is John, he thinks he has the win already.

Poor Gwen wasn't winning with Rose even if she had all the pimp spots.

Blake looked defeated this whole season and John is John, he thinks he has the win already.

With appropriate competition-friendly songs, they'd have had a shot at getting bonuses too. Blake for sure is a master at finding the right songs to get the audience going. This season, he didn't do that.

Well what happened this season?

Blake flopped lol.

Exactly my point. He knows how to make it work, but the songs he gave Ricky except Let It Be were not competition-friendly. He had to know that, he's the shrewdest coach lol.

I think TPTB had other plans for the season, but the coaches' decision making messed it up, and the Hoot winning was the best possible outcome under such circumstances. :lmao:

Switch coaches and tptb around and it makes more sense

Nah, the thing they wanted badly was all four coaches in the finale. Carson mentioned that several times. They also obviously wanted to prevent Gwen from being humiliated by being locked out of the finale once again.

Beyond that, I don’t think they really cared.

I think they wanted their three TCOs (Rose, Katie, Jake) in the top 4. I don’t really think they cared if Blake got in the finale or not (I mean obviously he would).

Gracee was the best singer this season.

She was awesome, but she wasn’t even the best female country singer this season.

It would explain a lot. Like why Blake came up with a lame excuse to explain why he didn't turn for Jake (he's turned for much worse), why nobody else turned, why Blake got rid of all of his country artists one way or the other, why he waited for the semis to finally give Ricky a competition-friendly song, why Katie got songs that would invariably make people call her screamer, why she never got the pimp spot after the POs, why she opened twice, why the wtf covers in the finals for Katie and Ricky. Meanwhile Jake was getting competition-friendly songs the whole time and racking up bonuses. The votes showed Rose was no threat, so a second pimp spot couldn't hurt. Did I forget anything?

He actually seemed surprisingly honest that time tbh. It was a stupid reason, but I can see how anxiety could affect someone in turning. For Blake getting rid of his country singers, Blake enjoys pairing similar artists in battles which is why Cory was eliminated. Then Ricky Braddy obviously performed better than Zach in the KOs (even though I like Zach’s performance). Not to mentioned Zach didn’t do justice to an inconic country songs. Check FB, and I bet you’d see posts that even the most country fans would say Ricky Braddy won. Kat won against Josie, but it was pretty even. But Blake definitely has a tendency to keep one artist he was shocked that picked him on for a while( ex. TSoul, Kim Cherry). Essentially Kat was the Kim Cherry/TSoul of Blake’s team this season, so it wasn’t really surprising she won against Josie, despite them both being excellent. What’s more surprising is that Josie didn’t get stolen. There really wasn’t much country on his team otherwise this season..other then potentially Jordan Chase, but he was more blues-rock, and Gracee, which he stole, but didn’t save. He gives the excuse (which I believe this time was an excuse), that it was “strategic”, but we all know Blake prefers his original team to steals.

Meh . If Katie was “bussed” by anyone it was TPTB giving her the asteroid song and not even letting he r lose with it (not that I disapprove of Rose closing, but TPTB is known to be strategic about who they want to win.)

Blake didn’t look defeated tbh, he thought he could win, and he nearly did. I’m pretty sure the majority of America not counting IDF, especially most of Katie’s fans who thought she had it in the bag already and otherwise would’ve voted, thought Katie won tbh. You can’t blame John for that. Blame the voters.

Honestly I don’t think they pumped Rose that much. Maybe more piling or less pimping would’ve helped her get higher than fourth. But who knows?

I've been been the mad man screaming from the rafters since S4 that TPTB are manipulative AF. Yes, even prime snowflake Maelyn was mindlessly manipulated by TPTB. It was predetermined that she would be Team John and that she would win before the first broadcast. That she 100% deserved to win is irreverent. There have been several that 100% deserved to win but didn't.

There's lots of room up here and you get a good view of the carnage...ya know....just sayin'. :flowers:

Just to be clear, I don't mean they would necessarily have overtaken Jake. But at least for us fans their run would've been more satisfying. Great appropriate songs are always such a treat.

I’m one of the few Ricky fans who actually enjoyed most of his song choices, and one of the few who wasn’t the biggest fan of “Let It Be (and I love that song). :ph34rwave:

Then again I did join his fan thread late in the game

I've been been the mad man screaming from the rafters since S4 that TPTB are manipulative AF. Yes, even prime snowflake Maelyn was mindlessly manipulated by TPTB. It was predetermined that she would be Team John and that she would win before the first broadcast. That she 100% deserved to win is irreverent. There have been several that 100% deserved to win but didn't. .

There's lots of room up here and you get a good view of the carnage...ya know....just sayin'. :flowers:

:haha:

Next season, new judge. Rinse and repeat?

I've been been the mad man screaming from the rafters since S4 that TPTB are manipulative AF. Yes, even prime snowflake Maelyn was mindlessly manipulated by TPTB. It was predetermined that she would be Team John and that she would win before the first broadcast. That she 100% deserved to win is irreverent. There have been several that 100% deserved to win but didn't.

Maelynn was manipulated, but she won? How does that make sense? She was pimped from the getgo

Maelynn was manipulated, but she won? How does that make sense? She was pimped from the getgo

LOL! WTF? It's Maelyn and it makes sense to anyone who knows TPTBs sword swings both ways. B)

LOL! WTF? It makes sense to anyone who knows TPTBs sword swings both ways. B)

I mean they pimped Maelynn and they arguably pimped TB too until the finale, but they didn’t bus maelynn, especially not on the “Legendary Season”

Edited by xfactor22

I mean they pimped Maelynn and they arguably pimped TB too until the finale, but they didn't bus maelynn, especially not on the "Legendary Season"

Really? How do you not understand that manipulations can be positive or negative?

LOL! WTF? It's Maelyn and it makes sense to anyone who knows TPTBs sword swings both ways. B)

I’m gonna say their OTT pimping attempt with Kennedy failed so miserably that they intentionally kept the hype down on Maelyn in the taped rounds, knowing with certainty she was the best singer, and that they could play the right cards later, to get the job done. Gyth had a chance to ruin their plans, but it turned out he wasn’t capable of keeping up with the rigorous schedule, rehearsing constantly, etc. He blew out his voice and generally struggled for most of the lives. He was Minivan’s dream contestant, but week after week of poor performances was too much for them to overlook, so they switched horses sometime in the last 2-3 weeks, resulting in an easy win for Queen Maelyn. Of course, they gave her the ultimate finale closer song, just to make sure. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. :yes:

Edited by TeamAudra