The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

istersay

12 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, that being said she has my second least favorite of everyone we've seen so far 😬😬😬

(no bias either, i'm part of her fan thread actuslly)

9 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

aaron paul what GIF by Breaking Bad

my assumption is that FloorWax liked some of her covers but not her audition as much (probably b/c of the riffs/runs that some people think were done in excess). feel free to correct me if im wrong

wait nevermind just read the last post, they're not in the thread anyway LOL

Edited by QueenCami

18 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

my assumption is that FloorWax liked some of her covers but not her audition as much

:yes:

I think I totally forgot to ask to be added though. 

17 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Cali (S17) won her KO fair and square. Marina was robbed of a steal, not necessarily robbed of the win.

I re-listened to both performances, and i have to disagree with this. To this day, i still don't get the hype about Cali's knockout performance, but oh well. 

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Daillon said:

Cali (S17) won her KO fair and square. Marina was robbed of a steal, not necessarily robbed of the win.

just relistened and checked the comments; a lot of people are comparing her to chloe and her ko. i guess i can see how the vibe of the performance is similar. i appreciate cali's performance more than i did before, but relistening to marina, i still prefer marina i think.

5 hours ago, Daillon said:

Vocally speaking, I thought Marina destroyed Cali, but at the same time, I felt nothing. 

Cali may have not displayed as much vocal force or tricks but her performance was interesting and she captured the message of the song well in my opinion. I agree with her win.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Vocally speaking, I thought Marina destroyed Cali, but at the same time, I felt nothing. 

Cali may have not displayed as much vocal force or tricks but her performance was interesting and she captured the message of the song well in my opinion. I agree with her win.

:yes:

I also have seen fantastic covers of I Who Have Nothing  (Candice and Haley from Idol) so my standards are high on that song.

If it was only from a vocal perspective, yeah, Marina won that one. 

Edited by Daillon

Just now, Daillon said:

I also have seen fantastic covers of I Who Have Nothing  (Candice and Haley from Idol) so my standards are high on that song.

Yeah, literally everyone who sang that during the Idol live shows slayed (Jordin, Haley, Candice.)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

Yeah, literally everyone who sang that during the Idol live shows slayed (Jordin, Haley, Candice.)

That song is basically the equivalent of Make It Rain in The Voice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deszfan88 said:

This is more not talked abt than known (idk if someone else has mentioned it) but Toneisha was nicks background singer on snl and had a few featured solos

Yeah, I posted about Toneisha being on SNL in the "Quick News" thread. :thumbs:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I wanna be loved liked that(Gyth) and Love is a loosing game(Domenic) > Falling water(Maelyn).

If there is a round where i believe Gyth did somehow better than Maelyn, is definitely the Playoffs, but take in account that, that is my favorite performance of Gyth (probably the only one i liked) and my least favorite performance of Maelyn (I still loved it, though) and they just happened to be at the same night. So, that's the only reason i can somehow agree on that. (I don't remember Domenic's performance, sorry) 

7 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

Patrique Fortson's KO is overrated, SandyRedd had a better performance imo.

Patrique's performance actually gave me chills, he managed to be both powerful and emotional at the same time. I can't say the same for SandyRedd's, she still killed, but it felt like she was doing a little bit much with the song, and I'll always take performances that give me chills over performances that impress me vocally but don't make me feel anything. Also, i was not much of a fan of her raspy tone, but that's just me (Her audition will always be one of the best in Voice history, there is no deniying on that)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

Patrique Fortson's KO is overrated, SandyRedd had a better performance imo.

I think a lot of people preferred Sandy here, Patrique wasn´t that well recieved on IDF. Many accused him of doing too much.

That being said, I disagree. Patrique was probably the best technical singer of that season, and his KO was great, vocally impressive and carried across the message, even on an overdone song. I thought he won it fairly. 

• Like 6

On 3/6/2021 at 8:19 AM, Hamza Tufail said:

I wanna be loved liked that(Gyth) and Love is a loosing game(Domenic) > Falling water(Maelyn).

We don't use Gyth and Maelyn in the same sentence around here. 🙂

Edited by ATX29
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Gyth´s PO was decent. Maelyn´s Fallwater was definitely her weakest showing, but it was still great. 

That being said, Domenic and Carter won that night for me, with Maelyn behind. Rod, Andrew and Mari come next. Didn´t care about the rest.

16 minutes ago, ATX29 said:

You just used both of their names in the same sentence just now lol and you're telling me that you guys don't use them in the same sentence. 😂😂😂

20 minutes ago, ATX29 said:

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

You just used both of their names in the same sentence just now lol and you're telling me that you guys don't use them in the same sentence. 😂😂😂

Gyth has a bad rap here but no matter what I say, I really am happy that someone finds joy in his music.  That's what it's all about right?

• Thanks 1

Idk if this is unpopular or not but anyways:

out of the s18 and s19 semi finalists, this finale would’ve been PERFECT

S18 (no teams quotas)

Allegra 

Micah

Thunderstorm

Toneisha

Zan

S19 (no team quotas)

Cami

Carter

Desz

John

(insert anyone else, probs Jim to make it more realistic but Tamara would be my next choice)