The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

istersay

19 minutes ago, peachfuz said:

Gihanna Zoë really didn't have a great audition. I find her tone a little too nasally to be pleasant, and her vocal strength seemed to tremble like a leaf sometimes.

Agree with these parts. However, I believe that Gihanna will be able to deliver on her future performances. I don't have a problem with her tone, I actually really like it. It's distinct and reminds me of Halle Bailey from Chloe x Halle.

20 minutes ago, peachfuz said:

Gihanna Zoë really didn't have a great audition. I find her tone a little too nasally to be pleasant, and her vocal strength seemed to tremble like a leaf sometimes. I think she's gonna need to have gotten a lot of training from Kelly to be as much of a contender as people think she'll be. 

As a Gihanna fan, I get where you're coming from with the nasally voice. At times it bothers me a little, but I overall like her and since it's just a liiiittle bit too much for me, I just try to overlook it. I get what you mean, though.

And I think that Gihanna was probably just nervous for her BA. Her Insta has many covers that show enough vocal proficiency imo.

18 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Torn(Cassade) was deserving of a four-chair turn

Yeah, while it wasn’t on point vocally, the sheer marketability of her voice is enough to warrant it (and yes, I’ve changed my opinion on this one.)

• Thanks 1

I don´t even know if this belongs here but I´ll say that using the 🤮 emoji while referring to a contestant (any contestant) is not the best way to put your disdain towards them if you´re not a fan. And it´s something I´ve noticed a lot here.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I don´t even know if this belongs here but I´ll say that using the 🤮 emoji while referring to a contestant (any contestant) is not the best way to put your disdain towards them if you´re not a fan. And it´s something I´ve noticed a lot here.

This. The contestants need to be shown more respect, in my opinion. 

• Like 1

I’ll take any format over the current one, but I still think the bloodbath is REALLY stupid. I get some people enjoy the drama factor, but getting rid of only 4 people in 4 weeks of live shows, and then eliminating the same number of people in a single night is :whut: 

• Like 3

I have some rly unpopular opinions

- Victor, Carolina, Halley, Gihanna, and Rio were the best on their respective nights. 
- Corey, Victor, and Durell deserved four chair turns solely on their blind. 
- Kenzie’s Ba > Avery’s Ba

- My favorite coach this season is 1. John, 2. Kelly, 3. Blake, 4. Nick

- My favorite blind this season was Halley’s

- Iordan Matthew Young, Connor, Anna, Avery, and Raine should have been 1-2 Chair Turns. 

13 minutes ago, season1 said:

Seasons 3, 4 and 5 have the best live format. Two eliminations a week (12-10-8), Top 6 quarterfinals, Top 5 or Top 4 semis, Top 3 finals. No saves, all voting done overnight.

Didn't the Instant Save get introduced in Season 5? 

Otherwise, even though I prefer four-person finales, I agree - the fact that the show went from six-ish weeks of performances to just two between the playoffs and finale is tragic at best (and expletive-filled rant-worthy, tbh, but I don't want to get banned here 😅).

1 hour ago, VintageVoice said:

Didn't the Instant Save get introduced in Season 5? 

Otherwise, even though I prefer four-person finales, I agree - the fact that the show went from six-ish weeks of performances to just two between the playoffs and finale is tragic at best (and expletive-filled rant-worthy, tbh, but I don't want to get banned here 😅).

Not sure when the instant save was added but they didn't have save to the Finale. The 3 finalists got in the finale by public vote. The worst thing they did was going back to guaranteed team representation in the finals. It used to be that after the playoffs, all in-team competition ended. Now everyone just competes against their own teammates, until the finals. 

Edited by season1
  • Like 1

I found the S19 playoffs night quite decent honestly. In fact, it might be the best we´ve had in a while, since S10. (Excluding S13 and S18´s , since they weren´t live), especially considering that playoffs are always a mess for obvious reasons.

What makes it good is the fact that I can think of more than 5 people that I enjoyed that night, which is rare for the case of playoffs: Ian, Ben, Chloe, Tamara, Cami, Carter,  and Payge. I liked John H to an extent too. Sid was a bit dissappointing, but enjoyable as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

I found the S19 playoffs night quite decent honestly. In fact, it might be the best we´ve had in a while, since S10. (Excluding S13 and S18´s , since they weren´t live), especially considering that playoffs are always a mess for obvious reasons.

What makes it good is the fact that I can think of more than 5 people that I enjoyed that night, which is rare for the case of playoffs: Ian, Ben, Chloe, Tamara, Cami, Carter,  and Payge. I liked John H to an extent too. Sid was a bit dissappointing, but enjoyable as well.

I didn’t mind the S15 playoffs night, but I’m not sure how unpopular that is. I enjoyed everyone for the most part (there are some exceptions). 

• Like 2

Shane's blind was deserving of a four chair turn

He deserved to win over Melinda

He deserved to win over Kiara

He deserved to be in the top 3 on Team Kelly

My Wish was one of the best performances of the night

He deserved to win the IS

• Confused 4

15 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Yeah. . . . I don't think you'll find anyone who agrees with you on any of those.

Edited by Rodney
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

You already have the record of most confused reactions, there’s no need to go for it again :giggle:

• Haha 6