The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

istersay

4 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Allegra Miles deserved to win the Instant Save over Toneisha Harris. 

Allegra was my favorite from that season, so it was a little interesting to see how things panned out in the instant save.

Favorite IS performance for me: Joanna Serenko

Best performance technically imo: Toneisha Harris

Somewhat messy performance and not my favorite song choice: Allegra Miles

Of course, I still really really wanted Allegra to win the Instant Save, and I was really sad when she lost, but, I don't think she had a great performance in that IS.

59 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Allegra was my favorite from that season, so it was a little interesting to see how things panned out in the instant save.

Favorite IS performance for me: Joanna Serenko

Best performance technically imo: Toneisha Harris

Somewhat messy performance and not my favorite song choice: Allegra Miles

Of course, I still really really wanted Allegra to win the Instant Save, and I was really sad when she lost, but, I don't think she had a great performance in that IS.

Glad to see someone on IDF who is not showing biasness.

Btw IDF liked Allegra more. But based off of that IS performance they unanimously agreed that Toneisha had the best performance and Allegra had the worst.

2 minutes ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

Btw IDF liked Allegra more. But based off of that IS performance they unanimously agreed that Toneisha had the best performance and Allegra had the worst.

She didn’t, Megan had the worst performance. Allegra completely slayed that and deserved the finale imo. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

Craig deserved to win S7(even if Matt was my #1 choice).

This.

I loved Matt too. I would've been 100% satisfied with his win as well but overall Craig deserved to win. He was the most consistent contestant of the season. Matt was consistent until the fibale. In the finale his performance of Over The Rainbow didn't help and he closed the night with that performance. While every performance of Craig was solid. 

Also, I know that if we strictly talk about vocals then Chris J was the best vocalist but at the same time he was not the most consistent voacalist and the most consistent contestant. His later performances were amazing but his taped and a few of his early Live performances were kind of forgettable.

1 hour ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

Craig deserved to win S7(even if Matt was my #1 choice).

I was thinking about this, and i disagree. Matt, with his performance of "Wasted Love" should have won the show easily but, sadly, the main audience is biased for white male country singers that happen to sing religious songs too(and if they are single dads, that's plus, because that makes them "relatable"). So, sorry, can't agree with that. 👎

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

I was thinking about this, and i disagree. Matt, with his performance of "Wasted Love" should have won the show easily but, sadly, the main audience is biased for white male country singers that happen to sing religious songs too(and if they are single dads, that's plus, because that makes them "relatable"). So, sorry, can't agree with that. 👎

Lol. I agree that Craig sang a religious song but you can't deny how well he Sang it. He completely outsold everyone during that night. Also his battle was the best of the night(followed by Luke and Griffin). His KO was the best of the night(followed by Jean). His PO was the best of the night(followed by Matt. Many of his other performances including You Look So Good in Love and I Walk The Line were also the performances of the night.

Wasted Love was my fav performance of the finale night but you have to see what he did with his other performance aka Over the Rainbow. Both of Craig's performances didn't reach the level of Wasted love but they were very solid and also better than Over the rainbow which tptb used as the pimp spot performance for Matt.

On 2/7/2021 at 9:20 AM, Bk1234 said:

She didn’t, Megan had the worst performance. Allegra completely slayed that and deserved the finale imo. 

lol i like megan. i don't think any of them had bad performances, except for maybe allegra, who had a worse than usual performance. megan seemed a little deadpan when singing it, and i would have attributed that to the fact that she thought she'd get eliminated, but it was recorded ahead of time. perhaps, she already knew since she might have know the T17 results by then?

1 hour ago, Shere Khan said:

Considering the top 8, finale should've been Maelyn, Rod, Shawn and Andrew

There was no way Gyth wasn't getting to the finale. He sang a patriotic song and, apparently, anyone singing that song is automatically phenomenal. If you criticize someone who sung that song, you're automatically an America hater lol 😂

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

From S19:

Sid is my favorite contestant of the season, but I thought he and Bailey were dead even in their battle.

I remember John vs Julia not being very well-received on here but I've actually come to really like it. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

From S19:

Sid is my favorite contestant of the season, but I thought he and Bailey were dead even in their battle.

I remember John vs Julia not being very well-received on here but I've actually come to really like it. 

Yeah, Sid and Bailey were both very good.

I didn't like John and Julia at first, and it's still not my favorite, but it's grown on me a little bit

Don't know how unpopular this is, but 

Sid's Blind > Sid's KO

Or maaaaybe I'm just obsessed with his studio version of it. It's a very creative reinvention of the song and his voice sounds sooo warm on record.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 7

5 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Sid's Blind > Sid's KO

Or maaaaybe I'm just obsessed with his studio version of it. It's a very creative reinvention of the song and his voice sounds sooo warm on record.

totally agree. his blind was my favorite performance of his, actually

5 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Sid's Blind > Sid's KO

I don't disagree. His preVoice version of it is terrific.

His studio of Beyond is beautiful though. It's just not a song that made a "moment" for him on the show.