The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

istersay

1 minute ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I think her PO was her best performance.

The best performance of the night, but vocally it was far from perfect imo. It’s just that everyone flopped and she didn’t, which made her look very good in comparison. I still enjoyed the performance a lot tho.

• Like 1

Very unpopular opinion :

Cami and James’ version of Wicked Game was better than Chloe and Noah’s. I know a lot of people hated the arrangement but I actually liked it and vocally I thought it was more interesting.

Moushumi’s is still the best tho, Cali didn’t bring anything new to the table (Marina should’ve won that KO imo)

Can’t wait to experience the confused reactions :giggle:

Edited by AliXRose
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Daillon said:

Cami was one of those contestants who couldn’t live up to her blind imo. Her KO, battle and PO were ok but nowhere near as good as her blind. 

I'd agree I think. Cami's BA is my favorite performance of her's on the show by far. I think that it's pretty hard for most people to top their blinds because they get weeks/months to prepare for the BAs and then a week (maybe 2 for battles) or less for lives. 

The cases in which people do well later on are often ones in which they start off not reaching their full potential, either with a poor song choice (Kyla for example) or because they're green/unconfident. With coaching, they gain better pitch and confidence and can actually do that. I suspect that Cami didn't really need a ton of vocal coaching, so she didn't improve in that aspect and thus suffered a decrease in quality later on because of less time to prepare and possible songs she wasn't as comfortable with (though the second one might be entirely wrong).

I think this is the case with most people who have a great BA and then do well, but not as good on the later ones. 

12 hours ago, Misirlou said:

In regards of the S19 playoffs, here´s my unpopular opinion: I think Ian won the night, with Ben a close second.

I remember liking Ian and Ben more than I expected to, but I thought Tamara owned the night, personally. I can see why you liked them the best for sure though because they both did well that night.

12 hours ago, AliXRose said:

(Marina should’ve won that KO imo)

For real lmao, Marina killed it

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

I thought Tamara owned the night, personally

Finally someone said it. That was the only Tamara performance I liked. Is it an unpopular opinion to say I didn't like her blind?

• Like 2

Just now, FloorWax said:

Finally someone said it. That was the only Tamara performance I liked. Is it an unpopular opinion to say I didn't like her blind?

Hm, I don't think so. I like parts of it, but she clearly had issues with breath control cause it's quite a difficult song. It makes me wonder whether Tamara would have improved with breath control if she picked Gwen, who explicitly mentioned she could help her.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Kenzie doesn't have the charisma to win the show. He'll be 2nd at best.

He needs to learn how to connect better. He looked so disconnected from the song in his blind.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Though I think Kenzie's got the clearest shot to winning based on genre + coach + current Facebook reception, I don't think he's as unstoppable as some people assumed he'd be - so I wouldn't be shocked to see him in second.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

I don’t see him as unstoppable as I did before, but I still think he has the lead based on... (this contains some minor spoilers)

He is the only pure country guy post-playoffs in a R&B heavy season, and if the finale is the one we are all expecting (Dana/Cam/Kenzie/Victor + the IS winner), he has a huge advantage imo.

If he is a good singer live and gets good song choices, it’s over (similar to Hoot).

Edited by Daillon

4 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

Though I think Kenzie's got the clearest shot to winning based on genre + coach + current Facebook reception, I don't think he's as unstoppable as some people assumed he'd be - so I wouldn't be shocked to see him in second.

3 hours ago, Daillon said:

I don’t see him as unstoppable as I did before, but I still think he has the lead based on... (this contains some minor spoilers)

Hide contents

He is the only pure country guy post-playoffs in a R&B heavy season, and if the finale is the one we are all expecting (Dana/Cam/Kenzie/Victor + the IS winner), he has a huge advantage imo.

If he is a good singer live and gets good song choices, it’s over (similar to Hoot).

Totally agree with all of this. If I had to place my bet on someone, I might place it on him—but not even that's guaranteed. His BA was not the kind of one that seals the deal, so it leaves the door open for someone like Cam to come in, especially if Cam is consistent and Kenzie remains at the same level (though I think he'll get better).

6 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Don´t know if it´s unpopular, but for me all of S15´s Tuesday Blind Audition Episodes were better than the Monday ones.

Just checked Wikipedia to see if I agree with this or not, and I didn’t realize how bad S15’s blinds were :stealth:

Edited by Daillon
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Don´t know if it´s unpopular, but for me all of S15´s Tuesday Blind Audition Episodes were better than the Monday ones.

I see where you're coming from, but in my opinion the Monday Premiere is the best blinds episode. Tyke was the only one i didn't like.

Edited by FloorWax

32 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Ooh this one's gonna be good! I liked Carolina's audition the most out of the ones we've gotten so far.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, that being said she has my second least favorite of everyone we've seen so far 😬😬😬

(no bias either, i'm part of her fan thread actuslly)

• Haha 1