The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

istersay

33 minutes ago, thevoicefan12 said:

if you would have asked me pre season i would have thought ariana's team would be super strong and no this is no way saying that her team is bad, but i am lowkey shocked, she doesnt even have a 4 chair

Yeah, only audition that was 4 chair worthy in Arianas team was Bella imo.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, thevoicefan12 said:

if you would have asked me pre season i would have thought ariana's team would be super strong and no this is no way saying that her team is bad, but i am lowkey shocked, she doesnt even have a 4 chair

Blake prevented most of her three-chair-turns from being four-chair-turns.

• Like 1

A warning coz this might be a bit spoilery:

I think the reason TPTB is not overhyping Ariana and her playoffs team (like they're supposed to) is because they're afraid the Arianators gonna take over the live shows? which would seem unfair to other teams ofc.

15 minutes ago, starkguy said:

A warning coz this might be a bit spoilery:

I think the reason TPTB is not overhyping Ariana and her playoffs team (like they're supposed to) is because they're afraid the Arianators gonna take over the live shows? which would seem unfair to other teams ofc.

Why would they be afraid of that? In fact, I'm pretty sure they would want that because it would be proof of them attracting a younger audience. Wasn't that the point of them getting Ari in the first place?

• Like 1

^^I believe TPBP is not ALL business and would want even just a bit of "fairness" for all constestants.

I'm pretty sure they would want that because it would be proof of them attracting a younger audience

I mean getting Ari to join and for them willing to pay her humongous chunk of money is enough proof for us that they gonna get new viewers. And yeah I'm aware they lost some old viewers (ratings dropped If im not wrong) but that's given and doesn't mean new viewers aren't around.

But scratch all of that coz right now we're still theorizing if Ari can get her arianators to vote 😅

Edited by starkguy

On 10/5/2021 at 2:09 AM, Rodney said:

I can no longer stand reading these posts of yours.  John and Ariana bring plenty of their own entertainment value.  Just because they're not loud like Kelly or snarking on everyone like Blake, it doesn't mean they're not entertaining in their own way.  You don't have to be loud or snarky all the time to be entertaining.

Alicia and Pharrell weren't loud or snarky but they were entertaining. I'm still waiting for John/Ariana to reach somewhere near that level of entertainment. 

No one is asking them to be loud or snarky, just entertaining.

Edited by gingerbread

1 hour ago, Hsamid said:

Saw a lot of people comparing Jershika to Desz and I definitely hear it. Well, just listened to their performances back to back and I prefer Jershika's BA. Her high notes sound better and her lows are just as good.

Disagree but its why we have this thread

52 minutes ago, Angeles said:

Carson Peters had a good audition. 

Carson’s audition being my personal least favorite of the four chair turners’ auditions doesn’t mean I think it’s bad - he has potential and is solid vocally (especially considering he’s 17), I just liked the others more.

My own questionably-popular opinion: Despite her being a stronger technical vocalist than him, I preferred David’s audition over Bella’s (that said, she’s my second favorite audition on the team, so)

S21 IDF’s most overrated (so far):

Jeremy 

Holly 

This does not mean I think they are bad. I actually think they are good singers. 

I thought about adding a couple more names, but it’s questionable whether they are rated high by IDF. 

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

S21 IDF’s most overrated (so far):

Jeremy 

Holly 

This does not mean I think they are bad. I actually think they are good singers. 

I thought about adding a couple more names, but it’s questionable whether they are rated high by IDF. 

I actually really like Jeremy, but I was literally just going to go here to say I don't think he's surviving playoffs.

Edited by FloorWax

7 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I actually really like Jeremy, but I was literally just going to go here to say I don't think he's surviving playoffs.

It’s possible, but this audience doesn’t usually support voices and styles like his. If Kelly really likes him, he could get saved, but I keep going back to that Kelly Clarkson pecking order list. Since there are no country males this season, he’s third on the list of priorities, under “teen girl” and “AA female R&B powerhouse.” It’s possible she could make an exception this time, I guess. 

Edited by TeamAudra

2 hours ago, Misirlou said:

I was never too big on Ryleigh Plank pre season, but I expected her audition to be waaaay stronger than what it was. Maybe she'll surprise me in battles.

I'm hoping she'll surprise me in battles. I expected her to hit all the high notes on "Anyone", but not be too emotionally connected. Ended up being the exact opposite lol.

• Like 1

I thought Myla and Chelsea (Hello Sunday) were both equal. Neither was better than the other.  Sure Myla was better in the audition but in the overall competition they were equal to me.  ESPECIALLY in there Knockout. Chelsea carried with the tone and Myla carried with the range. 

2 minutes ago, erik g said:

I thought Myla and Chelsea (Hello Sunday) were both equal. Neither was better than the other.  Sure Myla was better in the audition but in the overall competition they were equal to me.  ESPECIALLY in there Knockout. Chelsea carried with the tone and Myla carried with the range. 

Also in their top 8 performance - I mean Chelsea KILLED that intro

• Like 5