The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

istersay

8 minutes ago, VoiceFan! said:

Im not sure if this is unpopular or not but Micah’s “Your Song” was probably the best PO of S18.

Cami’s “Never Tear Us Apart” was her best performance. 
And Allegra was robbed >>> Toneisha

Can’t argue with any of these. Micah had one of my Top 3 playoffs, Cami won the playoff round for me and going into Semis and I wanted Allegra to win the WC over Toneisha because of her playoff performance

2 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

Can’t argue with any of these. Micah had one of my Top 3 playoffs, Cami won the playoff round for me and going into Semis and I wanted Allegra to win the WC over Toneisha because of her playoff and battle performance

Yep Micah’s PO was insane

Ranking the S19 country/country adjacent ppl

Ian = Bailey (underrated) > Ben (his PO y’all) > Jim >>>>>>>> Tanner

And S16

Rod >>> Dexter = Rebecca >>>> Andrew J = Gyth > Andrew S >> Carter = Bundys > Abby 

Edited by VoiceFan!

9 minutes ago, VoiceFan! said:

Yep Micah’s PO was insane

I can’t quote the bracket, but I also agree about Allegra’s battle being the best of the season. (Allegra and Micah really delivered in the same rounds, but I like Micah’s battle mainly for Micah)

13 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Meanwhile in the Artists you liked only in the Blinds thread:  

Screenshot_20210806-105528-min.thumb.jpg.908cb3fbb09595df52b009d892c39018.jpg

These Cami's "non-fans" are so contradictory with their opinions, i can't 🤣

For this one, I have seen a lot of people saying Cami peaked at her blind, but I disagree. I thought Cami was really good every round except for Semis, and NTUA was notably the best PO performance. I guess it helped that John and Desz’s auditions stuck out more to me, though Cami is right behind. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, VoiceFan! said:

Ranking the S19 country/country adjacent ppl

Ian = Bailey (underrated) > Ben (his PO y’all) > Jim >>>>>>>> Tanner

And S16

Rod >>> Dexter = Rebecca >>>> Andrew J = Gyth > Andrew S >> Carter = Bundys > Abby 

I don't think the bolded parts are unpopular

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cookie73 said:

For this one, I have seen a lot of people saying Cami peaked at her blind, but I disagree. I thought Cami was really good every round except for Semis, and NTUA was notably the best PO performance. I guess it helped that John and Desz’s auditions stuck out more to me, though Cami is right behind. 

Let's be honest, the people that say Cami peaked on her blind say that not because her other performances were bad (like with Bria Kelly, for example), but because her blind audition was THAT good, that it made all her other performances pale in comparison, even when most of her other performances were DAMN good too:stud:

52 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

My unpopular opinion is that Cami excelled every round. She vocally missed some stuff on The Joke but she far from flopped (I've said it before and I'll say it again) 😙

I thought this thread was "Unpopular Opinions", not "Absolutely True Facts" :giggle:

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, colemanftw said:

Yeah, she killed I Surrender but even Youtube didn't have that much praise for her. More talked about Ryan there, and Facebook had virtually nothing positive on her.

Yeah, you're absolutely right. At some point the top comment was about how Ryan should be a Disney prince or something... I wonder what would have happened if she had gone against someone who was similar vocally but who looked different. My guess is that it may have been more even, even though the vocal performance alone, imo, merited far more praise for Marisa.

1 hour ago, pauwis said:

I felt like Cami always did the same. When she changed (The Joke) it was something..

I feel the opposite. When she changed things up with her knockout and playoff performances, I didn't like her performances. I wasn't fond of  her interpretations of the song, and with how she executed them vocally and her tone, it just didn't mesh well with me.

I've watched those 2 performances quite a few times trying to like them but to no avail.

Her battle and audition are great though, and her rendition of when the party's over is pretty good, and probably one of the better instant save performances in recent memory.

2 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

I’m about to win this thread : Kelsie Watts’ KO was not bad AT ALL.

Heavily disagree, but you do you. Perhaps you liked the emotion and power (kinda) she brought, so you ignore all the pitchiness?

17 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

I’m about to win this thread : Kelsie Watts’ KO was not bad AT ALL.

I still don’t get why people thought it was bad. 💀 Was it good? No, but it wasn’t horrible like people made it out to be.

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 3

I wasn’t a fan of Kelsie on the show, but I just rewatched her KO, and it actually wasn’t that bad. However, it’s not the best song choice for a competition, and she should try to avoid the high, screechy notes that made my dog leave the room. She has vocal talent, but I recall scouting her covers before the season, not liking the tone of her extreme upper register. 

Edited by TeamAudra