The Voice S18 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

2 hours ago, FloorWax said:

The thing is, how many contestants would actually be willing to audition in these times.

If we're still in semi-lockdown in June people are going to be desperate and bored. It's not like people can go see parents and family anyways, might as well stay in a hotel in LA and perform

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, realityshownerd said:

According to some audience members of the tapings. Jacob gets stolen by Nick and Kelly. He picks Nick. 

If it's a Youtube comment, not buying it.

Technically it's still a possibility because the Jon steal is some very heavy speculation, but there's not really any proof there otherwise.

3 hours ago, realityshownerd said:

According to some audience members of the tapings. Jacob gets stolen by Nick and Kelly. He picks Nick. 

could be possible tbh, not likely but technically Kelly didn't steal Cammwess as we know of yet. Jon being stolen by Nick is only speculation.

Likely though, Jacob got eliminated and Jon got stolen by Nick.

Hi guys! Just wanted to say that I joined the community and that I've been watching the Voice since Season 4 and have followed Idol Forums since Season 12. Can't wait to interact with you all!

My favorites are Anaya, Thunderstorm, and Cedrice. Super annoyed about Thunderstorm and Cedrice being paired, but I'm glad she was stolen

Edited by thevoiceswimmer
  • Like 2

On 3/28/2020 at 3:31 PM, seak05 said:

A thought, if testing has improved, they might fly all the contestants out, test them & then sequester them. Film blinds without an audience. I could also see the dates being pushed back, and contestants not going home between blinds and battles. Just when they have you in LA you stay until you’re out or filming is done.

As a Los Angelino myself, I'm gonna say that feels unlikely, at least at this point.  Of course, much of it will depend on how things trend over the next couple months.  But to make it happen, things would have to get to the point where it's starting to feel OK to have people flying again. You'll be asking scores of people that work for the show, from producers, to the judges, to the band, to vocal coaches not to mention all the set people and other production crew...asking them all to get back to work. And once even one person tests positive, they probably have to shut it all down again and quarantine everyone for two weeks. I just find it hard to believe they'll get to the point it's worth the risk by then.

Also complicating things, the L.A. metro area currently has about the fifth highest incidence rate - in terms of total numbers - in the country behind Seattle, Chicago, Detroit and, of course, New York City.  We also have the second biggest population.  We currently have about 3000 reported cases in the greater L.A. area and conventional wisdom suggests that the number will double about every three days until finally hitting its peak somewhere between two to four weeks from now. We currently have a naval ship docked in Long Beach and ready to take the slew of non-corona patients expected to be forced from hospitals to a safer area for their procedures and monitoring.  Now we do have a couple things going for us that maybe NYC didn't (we ordered the lockdown earlier in our timeline, we're a very spread out, horizontal city rather than a vertical one, and we're largely a driving city rather than a metro-dependant one), but by all accounts it'll be at least the end of April, at best, before we have any chance to see the light at the end of the tunnel, and I suspect this will be one of the last cities in the country to start having things resemble "business as usual" or anything remotely close to it.  If I'm a betting man, I'm putting a large sum of money on June auditions for the fall season not happening in June.

On 3/28/2020 at 3:09 PM, Someone648 said:

COVID is definitely gonna affect that somehow, just not sure to what extent.

Given that there's not going to be any live shows this season, what are they going to do to fill all those open timeslots?

52 minutes ago, Catsy said:

Given that there's not going to be any live shows this season, what are they going to do to fill all those open timeslots?

Probably lots of reruns of Ellen's Game of Games or some other such shizz...

2 hours ago, thevoiceswimmer said:

Hi guys! Just wanted to say that I joined the community and that I've been watching the Voice since Season 4 and have followed Idol Forums since Season 12. Can't wait to interact with you all!

My favorites are Anaya, Thunderstorm, and Cedrice. Super annoyed about Thunderstorm and Cedrice being paired, but I'm glad she was stolen

welcome.gif

3 hours ago, thevoiceswimmer said:

Welcome! 🙂

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I came here to ask the exact same thing!

I came here to third this :haha:

I was going to give Mandi a pass for her blind but she has had 2 mediocre performances. Based on her overall body of work compared to Thunderstorm's, there's no way she rightfully beats him

15 minutes ago, MatthewPalermo said:

Saying it again because it bears repeating...

HOW IN THE HELL DID MANDI BEAT THUNDERSTORM IN THE KO?

Because he forgot the words to a John Legend song? That seems to be a death sentence for John. 😂

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

Because he forgot the words to a John Legend song? That seems to be a death sentence for John. 😂

Hands down if you screw up the lyrics to your performance - you don't deserve the win (unless you do something else absolutely groundbreaking during the performance).

• Haha 1