The Voice S17 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

So based on the previews:

Kat's voice sounds amazing in the studio.

A little surprised that I actually like Cali.

Rose has such a good voice...but something about that song isn't working for me.

Might as well give Jake the most streamed bonus now.

I'll predict Shane, HS, and Myracle for the bottom 3...but Joana(bc of the song) and Will could be in danger too.

max's studio is good but we'll see how the viewers feel about him spending his days in falsetto :ph34r:

Didn't work out great for Jon Mero...but I think Max should be ok. Idk

Honestly, I think Gwen's team could have stellar song choices and performances and still land in the bottom. Gwen's being thrown into a season then not returning for years doesn't help her fan base, compared to the others. Also, NBC has vested interests in the other three coaches as they each have outside projects that help with the show.

I liked both Myracle and Joana's studios and choices. Both songs feel like something they really chose and have performed before this week rather than something given to them.

Everything about this week is just cheesy. First of all the studios look like something a kindergarten teacher would hang up in their classroom. Like seriously how do the producers expect the artists to be taken seriously. The studios themselves aren’t good either.

If I had to rank them I’d say

At the bottom of the barrel there is

13 - Joana... literally these are the song choices that had Aliyah Moulden struggling the first half of the live shows. She’s not showing off any of the talent she has and it’s just a bland mess.

12 - Myracle... a karaoke performance if I ever heard one.

Then theres

11. Rose... She’s just not setting herself apart vocally which she clearly can and it’s gonna hurt her.

10. Cali... This country thing is not working out for her. If Blake wanted a country girl he should’ve saved Gracee she would’ve killed this.

9. Shane Q... This is his best one by far but he just is not a good singer I’m very sorry but it’s true.

In the middle there’s

8. Ricky - There was nothing wrong with this there was just nothing ... right with this?

7. Hello Sunday - The girls sound fine except for their chanting (?) throughout the song. Some cheesy artistic choices as well

6. Jake - Not much to say about this, very good but kinda boring.

5. Marybeth - Another good performance that just didn’t do much for me

Finally at the top there is

4. Kat - Technically a great performance but yet another wacky song choice, it’s getting old.

3. Katie - The studio sounded great but I can see her screaming through it on stage

2. Max - I wouldn’t have expected this song choice for him but it complemented him very well.

1. Will - He actually did really good on this and I can see it turning out very well for him live. My favorite of all the studios

Honestly, I think Gwen's team could have stellar song choices and performances and still land in the bottom. Gwen's being thrown into a season then not returning for years doesn't help her fan base, compared to the others. Also, NBC has vested interests in the other three coaches as they each have outside projects that help with the show.

She got rid of Kyndal so I am honestly okay with this now.

This + Kyndal got rid of Kyndal. She had a great song choice & croaked a note. Managing nerves is a big part of it. She didn’t, others on her team did.

This. I liked Kyndal, but her live performance was just not good. Still, shocked her votes were low. Guess IDF really overblew her fanbase/chances at the finale lol

Like these songs:

Jake hoot - "Danny’s Song"

Max Boyle - "Unaware"

Katie Kadan - "I’m Going Down"

No way Jake is going anywhere with this song choice. Does he actually have a son? If yes, then obviously a proper "dedication" song choice. Not sure how many of the other choices are actual genuine dedications (like Joana's) or just shoehorned (boo!). Max, for me, has the best song based on my personal preferences, but I'm iffy about the vocal on the studio. Has the potential to sound better live, I hope. Good choice for Katie, she'll kill it probably if she doesn't overkill it. Anyway, whatever happens, these three ain't "going down" (possible Top 3 even).

Okay, but a tad boring:

Ricky Duran "You are the Best Thing"

Rose Short - "I Turn to You"

Marybeth Byrd "Go Rest High on that Mountain"

Ricky - Great fit for him, but almost too predictable. I wanted Rose to slay "Beautiful" but she gets another Xtina song that not as good, but okay. Her tone on the studio was stunning though, and she's one of the few could make it sound even better live. Song has a "faith" vibe, which brings us to Ms. Byrd. Smart song choice, if a tad too much of a dirge. Also a little too early to play the God card? These 3 should be safe, no problem.

More than a tad boring:

Kat Hammock - "Danny Boy"

Cali Wilson "Butterflies"

Will Breman "I Won’t Give Up"

Shane Q - "My Wish"

Kat - See "dirge" comment above for Marybeth. This could be a totally cool update of a traditional song, but unlike others, I didn't take to the vocal on the studio or the uninspired arrangement. I worry for this fragile vocal translated live. My #1 (formerly Kyndal) snowflake should be fine, but she needs to avoid a disaster of Cali proportions. Speaking of whom, a country song for Cali? She sounded fine on the studio, good even, and I do like the song, but I doubt country fans are going to fall for it. Will's going to tone it down? Hope he doesn't fall to far from interesting to dead boring, as the song choice is boring AF. Ditto for Shane's choice (tbh, the only studio I didn't sample, because no thanks.)

Risky aka Go Big or Go Home:

Joana Martinez- "Get on your Feet"

Myracle Holloway - "I’m Your Baby Tonight"

Hello Sunday - "Mamma Knows Best"

9 slow to mid-tempo songs, 1 traditional and 3 and a bit of country songs, per above ... so these three here are bucking the trend. So, there's potential for disaster or a big payoff. Two of these acts sound fine on the studio versions, one sounds not so fine. Two of these acts almost always nail it live, one is hit and miss. So how will it go? I guess we'll fine out NOW. Enjoy the show everyone!

who is the original singer of Kat's song?

"Danny Boy" is a song set to the melody of a traditional Irish folk ballad (composer unknown). The lyrics of the song as we know it today were written in 1913, and the first recorded version was in 1939, by Gracie Fields, so I suppose she's the original singer in a recording sense. The most famous versions are by Judy Garland, Glen Miller and Bing Crosby.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Boy