American Idol S22 Top 14 Reveal Discussion

istersay

6 minutes ago, Crisis said:

I saw the Roman pick coming. The last danger zone contestant to perform is usually a Wildcard pick in the ABC seasons. Besides, he sang a song that's a showstopper and left everything on the stage. Lastly, I didn't see them going with more than one gospel singer, which meant Odell and Quintavious were pretty much toast.

As for the others, I did not see both Jayna AND Nya being picks. I thought only one would go through. I also thought Ajii would be one of the picks. It goes to show things don't always go as predicted.

I was wondering if that thing Katy had on her chest would either cut her or fall off at some point. Well, it was the latter. Never change, Katy. :haha:

Same here.  I thought that either Jayna or Nya would move on, not both!  But as I said before, I'm not complaining!

Edited by CarmenSandiego

To be fair, we did have Season 6 where three out of the final four were black powerhouse females. Season 3 also had Jennifer, LaToya and Fantasia who ended up splitting the votes that one infamous week.

We’ve got so much country now because the audience is mostly southern white people. Though I really only consider Will, Triston, and Mia as the country singers. Jack, Kaibrienne, and McKenna are more singer-songwriters IMO.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

To be fair, we did have Season 6 where three out of the final four were black powerhouse females. Season 3 also had Jennifer, LaToya and Fantasia who ended up splitting the votes that one infamous week.

We’ve got so much country now because the audience is mostly southern white people. Though I really only consider Will, Triston, and Mia as the country singers. Jack, Kaibrienne, and McKenna are more singer-songwriters IMO.  

Kayko too ig

29 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Also can't wait to see Clark's reaction to Odell's elimination. He's not gonna be happy bout that.

As he should not be. 😢 

27 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

I think the producers wanted Kennedy gone after that scandal came out lol. She looked mad as hell the entire episode. 

Also, Nya is one of the most beautiful women to ever be on this show. 

Yeah I definitely noticed something off with her. She did look very angry indeed. 

29 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

I’m fine with the decisions. We really only needed one of Odell, Roman, and Quintavious. I would’ve chosen Odell but oh well. 

Katy must want some Jordan eggplant lol. I’m surprised he made it over Ajii. 

Yet we have multiple country singers and singer/songwriter types.

23 minutes ago, Anythingcanhappen said:

Absolutely. Kennedy prob never woulda gotten saved anyway bc she isn’t the type of contestant the judges typically save, but the scandal ruined any chance she had.

back home to the drama in New Albany, Indiana :dead: that’s going to be a rough go for her LOL. Does she still have a job considering she’s accused of an affair with her BOSS 😭

Oooh dear goodness, this is definitely going to be very awkward. 🙈

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, frederick said:

I think that scandal with Kennedy did her in. She didn't get the votes possibly because of that news, and also producers aren't going to want to save her either and have that drama with her on the show. Not surprised she went home now.

Are the voting public really aware of the Kennedy scandal? I feel like I hadn't seen that make news rounds and I only knew about it from here. :unsure: But I do agree that the producers probably wanted her gone tonight and not deal with that drama or what else can come from it. 

22 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

Yup, it’s gonna be interesting to see who gets the farthest out of the three girls. I think Jack will beat Kayko. Kayko gives me male Catie Turner vibes. 

Omg a comparison I never thought of but I can totally see it. :haha: Yeah he seems like someone that would make it to Top 8/7 at most.

21 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

99.99% of the voting public is totally unaware of that scandal it had nothing to do with the public not choosing her. Maybe it factored into the producers decision but I really doubt it. 

Yeah this was exactly what I'm thinking. I doubt the scandal had much effect on her public vote.

Odell was robbed, other than that, i agree with the top 14, Julia should consider country because she slayed that.

4 hours ago, mmmatt said:

this is true 

I could never read this stuff if I was a contestant, but you’re not a male country singer, so you’re probably mostly safe. Just know that this group is not even close to representative of the overall audience. Overall, this place is trash, honestly. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

You did great! I was just nervous for you because you sang second and the voting didn't open till 3 hours later. But America did well on voting you through! 

I 100% thought I was going home last night hahah.  So thankful to still be in this mix🥲 I appreciate ya🤭💜 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mmmatt said:

I 100% thought I was going home last night hahah.  So thankful to still be in this mix🥲 I appreciate ya🤭💜 

You SLAYED it mia! please keep singing songs in the same vain as burning house and daddys hands! THAT is key to going far

1 hour ago, StarWalker1 said:

You SLAYED it mia! please keep singing songs in the same vain as burning house and daddys hands! THAT is key to going far

Hey, Wildflowers and Wild Horses was a great performance and had one of the best reactions on FB for the night. It doesn't kill to go uptempo every now and then.

Edited by MalwareDie

3 minutes ago, MalwareDie said:

Hey, Wildflowers and Wild Horses was a great performance and had one of the best reactions on FB for the night. It doesn't kilk to go uptempo every now and then.

personally it wasnt a choice i would go for, but she still did good cause shes good

8 hours ago, mmmatt said:

Don't listen to armchair experts like StarWalker1 who are discouraging you from going uptempo or singing a midtempo song. It's a fact that viewers hold female contestants to a higher standard than the male ones, so some variety is needed. Males can do similar performances every week with no issue, but females can't on this show. Many contestants on this show are known for being a lot worse on uptempos than ballads, but you gave us a rousing performance with Wildflowers And Wild Horses. You rocked the house and had the right attitude or grit, whatever you want to call it, for this performance. IDF also has a very bad track record with winners in general, so don't feel discouraged by not many on IDF having you as their top favourite.

I personally consider you the best chooser of songs in the competition so far. Trust your instincts, Mia. They are excellent.  Moderation and consistency is key to winning this competition. If you want to pick a faster song and have a really good arrangement to work with, it can even be better than going with a ballad on a very ballad-heavy night.

Edited by MalwareDie
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, MalwareDie said:

Don't listen to armchair experts like StarWalker1 who are discouraging you from going uptempo or singing a midtempo song. It's a fact that viewers hold female contestants to a higher standard than the male ones, so some variety is needed. Males can do similar performances every week with no issue, but females can't on this show. Many contestants on this show are known for being a lot worse on uptempos than ballads, but you gave us a rousing performance with Wildflowers And Wild Horses. You rocked the house and had the right attitude or grit, whatever you want to call it, for this performance. IDF also has a very bad track record with winners in general, so don't feel discouraged by not many on IDF having you as their top favourite.

I personally consider you the best chooser of songs in the competition so far. Trust your instincts, Mia. They are excellent.  Moderation and consistency is key to winning this competition. If you want to pick a faster song and have a really good arrangement to work with, it can even be better than going with a ballad on a very ballad-heavy night.

ok dont be weird ... never said dont sing uptempo songs

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, MalwareDie said:

Don't have to attack StarWalker for voicing an opinion(and likely good advice) about avoiding midtempo or untempo for the most part of the competition, if the song can convey emotion and connect with the audience than for the most part it should go over well. Perhaps for themes the voters might choose their faves based on how well they do with the song(As they know the contestants are more limited in what they can select)

I mean, don't some people who go for a random untempo song, lose momentum or get outright eliminated(even frontrunners) this applies to other shows like AGT or The Voice too.

Anyways, Mia did well with "Wildflowers and Wildhorses", but I bet "Burning House" put her more on Minivan's radar because of how well she sang the song that likely connected with people more.

Edited by QueenMae16
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

Don't have to attack StarWalker for voicing an opinion(and likely good advice) about avoiding midtempo or untempo for the most part of the competition, if the song can convey emotion and connect with the audience than for the most part it should go over well. Perhaps for themes the voters might choose their faves based on how well they do with the song(As they know the contestants are more limited in what they can select)

I mean, don't some people who go for a random untempo song, lose momentum or get outright eliminated(even frontrunners) this applies to other shows like AGT or The Voice too.

Anyways, Mia did well "Wildflowers and Wildhorses", but I bet "Burning House" put her more on Minivan's radar because of how well she sang the song that likely connected with people more.

Well, some people do an uptempo song for no reason and get eliminated either because they are much worse on uptempos or choose it for the sake of doing so, which defeats the point of doing so. Pia was just never that popular to begin with according to Nigel and left around the time she would have left, not because she did an uptempo song.

I do not think Mia will choose an uptempo song for the sake of it and will choose well. And she has crucially shown that she can actually do it and do it well unlike a lot of other contestants.

Edited by MalwareDie