American Idol S22 Top 14 Reveal Discussion

istersay

I think the producers wanted Kennedy gone after that scandal came out lol. She looked mad as hell the entire episode. 

Also, Nya is one of the most beautiful women to ever be on this show. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

I’m fine with the decisions. We really only needed one of Odell, Roman, and Quintavious. I would’ve chosen Odell but oh well. 

Katy must want some Jordan eggplant lol. I’m surprised he made it over Ajii. 

While I feel the same, they fill a similar avenue, I also feel we can say the same about the country performers.  :haha:

• Like 1

Wow!  I didn't expect Jayna and Nya to make it in as Wildcards, but I'm certainly not complaining!

I didn't expect Ajii to be cut, or Jordan to be saved, but I can see why that happened.  Katy probably wanted one of the cute guys (Jordan or Mackenzie) around, and Jordan was better, plus he did have the international factor along with a backstory of having once been fat.  Besides, he's cannon fodder so it's not like cutting him was a huge loss.

I think that Odell and Roman were fighting for the gospel guy slot, and Roman won.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

I think the producers wanted Kennedy gone after that scandal came out lol. She looked mad as hell the entire episode. 

Maybe. That Facebook post from the wife of her lover was direct about the allegations 

Edited by RealMusicFan

3 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

Absolutely. Kennedy prob never woulda gotten saved anyway bc she isn’t the type of contestant the judges typically save, but the scandal ruined any chance she had.

back home to the drama in New Albany, Indiana :dead: that’s going to be a rough go for her LOL. Does she still have a job considering she’s accused of an affair with her BOSS 😭

1 minute ago, Solaris said:

While I feel the same, they fill a similar avenue, I also feel we can say the same about the country performers.  :haha:

I agree to an extent. I don’t mind a genre being represented by several people but how many worship leaders does one show need? Like Luke said, you could see them all trying to outdo each other with the praising of the Lord at the end of the performances. 

It’s like when Season 4 had two blonde country female singers with Carrie and Jessica. Even though Jessica was good, she couldn’t touch Carrie and quickly got eliminated. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Carrie_On said:

I agree to an extent. I don’t mind a genre being represented by several people but how many worship leaders does one show need? Like Luke said, you could see them all trying to outdo each other with the praising of the Lord at the end of the performances. 

It’s like when Season 4 had two blonde country female singers with Carrie and Jessica. Even though Jessica was good, she couldn’t touch Carrie and quickly got eliminated. 

I know, I agree.  I am just saying there are more crossovers in this Top 14 to worry about now. This was just the first wave of eliminating individuals of similar styles.  Singer songwriters vibes with Emmy/Abi/McKenna, Jack/Kayko with cute boy support, etc.  

I think that scandal with Kennedy did her in. She didn't get the votes possibly because of that news, and also producers aren't going to want to save her either and have that drama with her on the show. Not surprised she went home now.

• Like 2

Just now, Solaris said:

I know, I agree.  I am just saying there are more crossovers in this Top 14 to worry about now. This was just the first wave of eliminating individuals of similar styles.  Singer songwriters vibes with Emmy/Abi/McKenna, Jack/Kayko with cute boy support, etc.  

Yup, it’s gonna be interesting to see who gets the farthest out of the three girls. I think Jack will beat Kayko. Kayko gives me male Catie Turner vibes. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Solaris said:

its all about the Jurnee for them.

Ryan Reynolds Smile GIF

Jurnee! :wub: 

25 minutes ago, wildestinvegas said:

they should save roman, jayna, nya and odell. 

I'M SAYING. That's all the judges had to do tonight. :dead: 

Just now, frederick said:

I think that scandal with Kennedy did her in. She didn't get the votes possibly because of that news, and also producers aren't going to want to save her either and have that drama with her on the show. Not surprised she went home now.

99.99% of the voting public is totally unaware of that scandal it had nothing to do with the public not choosing her. Maybe it factored into the producers decision but I really doubt it. 

1 minute ago, frederick said:

Yeah she seems like a lot of drama honestly. Production might have even had a talk with her about it. I remember Fantasia saying producers met with her about being a young, unmarried mom and the controversy around that. Kennedy’s allegations are much worse but still. 

• Like 1

The fact that only one of Roman/Q/Odell can be in Top 14 but all 3 country guys are still in the Top 14.. I can’t

6 women for public votes. Yesss. Probably the second time after that season in 2022

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, frederick said:

Also was a victim of death by song choices. Not the first and won’t be the last.

Just now, fais_2311 said:

The fact that only one of Roman/Q/Odell can be in Top 14 but all 3 country guys are still in the Top 14.. I can’t

6 women for public votes. Yesss. Probably the second time after that season in 2022

The people who watch the show for the most part love country.  But that was balanced out for me by the fact that six women made it into the Top 10 via public votes, and eight made it into the Top 14!

• Thanks 1

I saw the Roman pick coming. The last danger zone contestant to perform is usually a Wildcard pick in the ABC seasons. Besides, he sang a song that's a showstopper and left everything on the stage. Lastly, I didn't see them going with more than one gospel singer, which meant Odell and Quintavious were pretty much toast.

As for the others, I did not see both Jayna AND Nya being picks. I thought only one would go through. I also thought Ajii would be one of the picks. It goes to show things don't always go as predicted.

I was wondering if that thing Katy had on her chest would either cut her or fall off at some point. Well, it was the latter. Never change, Katy. :haha:

28 minutes ago, wildestinvegas said:

mackenzie congratulating odell thinking he was thru. pls. 

lmaoo yes, I am so glad someone else caught this too. :dead: 🤣

27 minutes ago, jdanton2 said:

three of the picks were good but i  am sad Odell did not make it.

Agreed.

26 minutes ago, hazuki said:

Jordan???? Over Odell/Ajii?

Make It Happen Makes Sense GIF by WE tv

• Like 1