The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

9 hours ago, disney1024 said:

All you have to do is multiply the current rating of the LindZae battle (8.37 or whatever it is right now) by how many people gave ratings so far. Then, subtract @Hamza Tufail's old rating (i.e. 😎 from the product and add his new rating, whatever it may be. 🧐

lol i think Daillon said they weren't gonna do it, I think let's just leave it at that 'cause Daillon's already doing a ton of work in maintaining it and updating it so often

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

lol i think Daillon said they weren't gonna do it, I think let's just leave it at that 'cause Daillon's already doing a ton of work in maintaining it and updating it so often

Yeah, and someone getting their rating changed might influence others to ask @Daillon to have their ratings changed as well, and that would be a lot of work.

• Like 1

I think it should be better left off as it is. What´s been done is done. That´s what´s good about music if it makes you feel something in the moment (as cheesy as that may sound lol).

I gave Zae´s audition a 9.25 in the moment. Right now, I would give him an 8.5. I also gave Kenzie an 8, something that would change to 8.5 too as of now.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

I think it should be better left off as it is. What´s been done is done. That´s what´s good about music if it makes you feel something in the moment (as cheesy as that may sound lol).

I gave Zae´s audition a 9.25 in the moment. Right now, I would give him an 8.5. I also gave Kenzie an 8, something that would change to 8.5 too as of now.

yeah this is the reason why i relisten to performances several times before giving my more official rankings to daillon. and i still have changed ranking since then! it's fluid and that's ok, cause even though we're just taking snapshots, we're taking so many of them that statistically things will more or less balance out - some would have increased their ratings and others would have decreased them.

https://www.mjsbigblog.com/headlines-berklee-chief-talks-american-idol-ashland-craft-heads-to-wrestlemania.htm

This is a misleading headline. The article says Ashland will perform "America The Beautiful" at WrestleMania but I was here thinking she actually got into wrestling 🤣🤣

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 1
  • Haha 13

19 hours ago, FloorWax said:

https://www.mjsbigblog.com/headlines-berklee-chief-talks-american-idol-ashland-craft-heads-to-wrestlemania.htm

This is a misleading headline. The article says Ashland will perform "America The Beautiful" at WrestleMania but I was here thinking she actually got into wrestling 🤣🤣

Ashland just performed America the Beautiful and the announcer said “america’s next big country singer” she sounded good though!!

According to spoilers for last season, Gwen had Lain Roy as her #1 based on auditions, but when he flopped, she logically cut him off. I´m pretty sure however that S7, S9 and S12 Gwen would have kept him had he been on her team back then ,and we would have had Ryan Sill 2.0. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

According to spoilers for last season, Gwen had Lain Roy as her #1 based on auditions, but when he flopped, she logically cut him off. I´m pretty sure however that S7, S9 and S12 Gwen would have kept him had he been on her team back then ,and we would have had Ryan Sill 2.0. 

Seasons seven and nine, for sure.  But I imagine that she'd have dropped him in season twelve, considering that that was the season when she truly started learning how to play the game.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AliXRose said:

Yeah I think he could’ve redeemed himself, with playoffs being his ceiling.

Seeing Chloe was paired with Carter, maybe Gwen's original plan was to pair Lain and Carter and hope for a steal 🤔

y’all need to hear this story about our beloved coach Usherapparently he went to a club recently and paid the dancers in “Usher Bucks” as opposed to actual money... like the bills he gave them were basically regular dollar bills but with his FACE on them!! this story is all over Twitter, and i cannot stop laughing💀 get this man back on The Voice so he can pay people with REAL money!

• Haha 16

8 minutes ago, KimberlyxKyla said:

y’all need to hear this story about our beloved coach Usherapparently he went to a club recently and paid the dancers in “Usher Bucks” as opposed to actual money... like the bills he gave them were basically regular dollar bills but with his FACE on them!! this story is all over Twitter, and i cannot stop laughing💀 get this man back on The Voice so he can pay people with REAL money!

This guy :dead:

• Haha 5

18 hours ago, KimberlyxKyla said:

Nah he did pay with real money. The girl trashed him for clout, this is from a comment section on her IG. Shows you how 1 person can really ruin someone else using social media lmao

20210413_082524.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, gingerbread said:

Nah he did pay with real money. The girl trashed him for clout, this is from a comment section on her IG. Shows you how 1 person can really ruin someone else using social media lmao

20210413_082524.jpg

thank you for sharing! i had no idea. that’s such a terrible thing to do😣

• Like 1

I feel like Victor and Deion definitely took inspiration from Kalvin and Jimmy (who took inspiration from that kid on The Four) - they even had the thing "Kelsea say I'm your man" (instead of Kelly).

Also, it seems like the coaches are fine with it, but I find it a little odd when the male contestants do stuff like that to the women coaches. It's probably fine if the coaches are fine with it, but hopefully they get permission or something beforehand.

42 minutes ago, Mistake006 said:

I just rewatched Tracey Preston’s (Season 18 no chair turn) audition, and wow, I really hope she auditions again because she’s probably the best no chair turn I’ve ever heard

Dang, just listened. She's good! I am confident she could have gone far on the show, but perhaps they just decided they didn't want another powerhouse (which sucks) because they already had Toneisha? I feel like the people that get on the show are meant to fit some certain role each season.