The Voice General Discussion Thread šŸ§µ

istersay

17 hours ago, Daillon said:

Ā 

John probably stood for Ciana because no one else was standing. Pia already had Kelly on her feet.

Ā 

But yeah, Pia should have had a standing O.

The song Pia sang did not lend itself to making people move physically. It moved them emotionally instead.Ā 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Has this ever been shown before?

This by far the best throwback just because this is actual new content (I think, because it was a montage).

Ā 

It was fine, nothing spectacular. She really snapped in her KO.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Notice they only show it after her career has gotten fairly big.

Yeah, thereā€™s no way this would have been shown if it wasnā€™t for Never Enough and her other stuff.

Ā 

Melanie is probably going to be shown for the exact same reason (probably not Morgan though, for obvious reasonsĀ :giggle:)

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Yeah, thereā€™s no way this would have been shown if it wasnā€™t for Never Enough and her other stuff.

Ā 

Melanie is probably going to be shown for the exact same reason (probably not Morgan though, for obvious reasonsĀ :giggle:)

Melanie is still too toxic (pun intended!) to feature.

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Damn... imagine waiting 9 years to actually see your full audition.

Iā€™m sure SHEā€™S seen it before. In fact, at some point in the show (canā€™t remember which seasons), they showed the entire Teamā€™s auditions before they assigned the Battle partners.

9 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

Iā€™m sure SHEā€™S seen it before. In fact, at some point in the show (canā€™t remember which seasons), they showed the entire Teamā€™s auditions before they assigned the Battle partners.

I think they still do it, I remember watching a Behind The Scenes video for S17 and they watched everyone's BA during the battle pairings announcement.

If at one point they were planning to upload Morgan because of his success story (theyĀ“re not gonna do that anymore ), I figured they would have gone with his playoffs, AKA the time he sang a country song, and in the biggest of irones, got cut off the show because of it.

Ā 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

If at one point they were planning to upload Morgan because of his success story (theyĀ“re not gonna do that anymore ), I figured they would have gone with his playoffs, AKA the time he sang a country song, and in the biggest of irones, got cut off the show because of it.

Ā 

Not just any country song, a FGL song. Who featured on his first #1 song.

10 hours ago, Misirlou said:

While Ricky Duran is one of my all time favorite contestants and I like Jordan as well,Ā Ā I want to hear someone cover "She Talks to Angels" and sell it to me like our very own Blake Shelton did here:

Ā 

This is probably one of my very favorite Blake performances (and one that I will always point out when people want to argue his vocal ability). It is also one of the reasons I tend to be rather frustrated with a lot of Blake's actual musicĀ 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, seak05 said:

This is probably one of my very favorite Blake performances (and one that I will always point out when people want to argue his vocal ability). It is also one of the reasons I tend to be rather frustrated with a lot of Blake's actual musicĀ 

With what the current country market sells, itĀ“s not surprising several of the country artists arenĀ“t able to showĀ what they are fully capable of in their own music. Hell, I canĀ“t stand Luke BryanĀ“s music, but I thought his tribute to Lionel Ritchie at the Kennedy Center Honors was pretty good.Ā 

21 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Back to todayā€˜a throwback post:Ā I checked out Lorenā€™s Q+A on The Voiceā€™s IG and she responded to Zaeā€™s question in the comments and wished him luck on the show.

Yeah, I saw that! I also saw a familiar face in the comments sectionĀ :stealth:

Ā 

Additionally, the reappareance of urfavcommunist or whatever it was, they posted quite a few troll questions lmao

1 hour ago, QueenCami said:

I just realized that "Fishin'Ā in the Dark" is... not about fishingĀ :whut:

Schitts Creek Eww GIF by CBC

Ā 

Iā€™d be shook with you....but the only lyrics of the song that I know are ā€œyou and me goinā€™ fishinā€™ in the darkā€.....and after this post i donā€™t think Iā€™ll ever look them up ā¤ļø

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Iā€™d be shook with you....but the only lyrics of the song that I know are ā€œyou and me goinā€™ fishinā€™ in the darkā€.....and after this post i donā€™t think Iā€™ll ever look them up ā¤ļø

I was thinking about it and I was like, there's no way this song is about fishing, this has got to be some euphemism, and I looked it up. I saw urbandictionary pop up as the first link, and without clicking I already knew the song was about something elseĀ :haha: