The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

21 hours ago, QueenCami said:

this article is a gold mine: "Currently, season 6 winner Josh Kaufman is the oldest winner overall at 44 years old. Josh's height is a bit of mystery. However, information about exactly how tall he is may surface later. "

"information about exactly how tall he is may surface later" LMAO

it’s difficult to accurately measure the height of elves! (Said with love, Josh is a phenomenal singer, but he definitely favors the Elvish!)

I'm storing my thoughts on the performances here; I started writing them up to post to a friend, but I don't think there's any harm posting them here as well, so here they are!

Corey vs. Ryleigh:

- Corey shocked me with his power and emotion

- Definitely a top performance of the night and of the KOs
- Ryleigh did great and her performance was really emotional

- Her performance did lack an "oomph" for me that Corey managed to include

- I prefer Corey (9.5 vs. 9.3)

Jordan vs. Ethan:

- Jordan has a really cool raspy voice

- I thought Jordan's smile was really really unsettling

- Otherwise, great vocals, though his stage presence was awkward

- Ethan has a cool voice, no pitch issues

- This was a step down a little from his battle, to me

- He was still vocally solid (the talking line was a little off to me, though)

- No preference (9.2 vs. 9.2)

Ciana vs. Pia

- Ciana gave a super cool firecracker vocal on a super tough song

- Few breath control / pitch issues as a result of the difficult song

- She still showed the sass the song requires and did some cool runs

- I felt that some runs were unnecessary, but otherwise, great job

- Pia gave an out-of-this-world performance

- She gave us intimate at the beginning, then powerful at the end

- Best performance on S20 so far, for me

- I prefer Pia (9.2 vs. 9.7)

Dana vs. Keegan

- Dana gave a powerful performance

- I don't think that all the power was placed super well, really most of the power came near the end

- The buildup wasn't my favorite, honestly?

- Undeniable vocals though

- Keegan gave a pleasant performance

- No super impressive technical stuff but it sounded nice and it was soothing

- I prefer Dana (9.5 vs. 9.1)

Victor vs. Gean

- Victor did a cool take on this song (I honestly don't know if that's the original version)

- I thought parts were way too slow; at times, it didn't feel like he was singing

- I like his tone, but he felt like he was talking to a beat at times

- Gean has a super interesting tone

- I don't love his tone, but it's grown on me

- I don't really remember much of this performance, honestly, even though I just watched it 30 minutes ago

- No preference (9.2 vs. 9.2)

Andrew vs. Pete

- Andrew was strong here! He really impressed me

- He has a cool head voice / falsetto (idk the right term)

- He also had some really strong parts in there

- Pete impressed me with an interesting song choice

- I usually disliked Pete and expected to dislike him here

- I thought Pete handled the song well and excelled

- There was something left to be desired in both performances, for me though, perhaps b/c of comparison to previous performances of the same songs

- No preference (9.3 vs. 9.3)

Edited by QueenCami

1 minute ago, ammonium said:

What happened to the rating thread? 
Is it not available anymore?

It has been locked, because people made multiple accounts to rate and that caused the thread to turn into an even bigger dumpster fire. Sorry that you and everyone else can’t rate. It sucks when a few people ruin a game (emphasis in game) for everyone else.

Once I get the green light, I will start the ratings again, dw.

Btw I’m not allowed to post any ratings, but I’ll say that Dreams officially won the battles, to those who were curious.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Aww, I was hoping “pov” would take it. :( It won in the +/- game though, so I guess it all worked out. :thumbs:

It was extremely close (0.02 between the two). Another vote could have given pov the win instead.

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

Glad that Pia redeemed herself. Hell, she did more than that.

:yes:

Pete vs Savanna gained a few placements after deleting that cult of Queens from the ratings, btw.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Daillon said:

It has been locked, because people made multiple accounts to rate and that caused the thread to turn into an even bigger dumpster fire. Sorry that you and everyone else can’t rate. It sucks when a few people ruin a game (emphasis in game) for everyone else.

Once I get the green light, I will start the ratings again, dw.

Btw I’m not allowed to post any ratings, but I’ll say that Dreams officially won the battles, to those who were curious.

I was thinking maybe we could have us post our ratings informally, without planning to average them out and rank them, just for fun. That way people can post them, and if we ever are allowed to start it up again, everything's consolidated there. However, it's all up to you and Istersay, so I'm fine with anything (even if you can't start it up again).

I don't think I've mentioned this here, but I have a spreadsheet where I rank the performances and average them out for each contestant, and I'm surprised to find Cam at the top of my rankings! I expected Gihanna/Carolina/Lindsay, but Carolina wasn't as strong in her blind, Lindsay got her biggest note cut out (and was a bit breathy at the beginning), and Gihanna got the double whammy: rough start on her blind and bad matchup/song for the battles (though she did great, nonetheless).

I expect Lindsay, Carolina, and Gihanna to do great in the Knockouts, however. 

On 4/17/2021 at 8:21 PM, QueenCami said:

this article is a gold mine: "Currently, season 6 winner Josh Kaufman is the oldest winner overall at 44 years old. Josh's height is a bit of mystery. However, information about exactly how tall he is may surface later. "

"information about exactly how tall he is may surface later" LMAO

It also says that carter grew 5 inches in 4 months which just isn’t humanly possible LMAO

1 hour ago, FloorWax said:

Good :clap:

Don’t expect too much, but at least they are not bottom 2.

1 hour ago, QueenCami said:

Hopefully we didn't get removed LMAO

but i assume Daillon was careful enough not to

If you can still post you are fine. Those Queens were removed from existence :haha:

Also I don’t have any power or authority here, I’m just a normie like everyone else.

Edited by Daillon

1 hour ago, QueenCami said:

I was thinking maybe we could have us post our ratings informally, without planning to average them out and rank them, just for fun. That way people can post them, and if we ever are allowed to start it up again, everything's consolidated there. However, it's all up to you and Istersay, so I'm fine with anything (even if you can't start it up again).

I asked istersay yesterday to see what we can do moving forward, and we both agreed that it’s better to wait for things to calm down before we rate anything at all (less likely that this happens again if we wait)

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

I find it kind of funny that John stood for Ciana's performance, but not for Pia's, Ciana was great imo, but Pia gave the performance of the season - if that's not worthy of John standing, I don't know what is.

John probably stood for Ciana because no one else was standing. Pia already had Kelly on her feet.

But yeah, Pia should have had a standing O.

Edited by Daillon

4 hours ago, Daillon said:

John probably stood for Ciana because no one else was standing. Pia already had Kelly on her feet.

But yeah, Pia should have had a standing O.

totally

I think Pia's emotional load was immense. Maybe John wanted to give her security and calm and supported to Ciana because he knew that she was saying goodbye

ps: at the end were Kelly, John and Nick standing (although for a short time) but yeah, she deserved an eternal standing ovation

Edited by pauwis