The Voice 🌟 Season 25 🌟 Spoilers/News/Updates Reba, Dan & Shay, Legend, Chance

Someone648

57 minutes ago, AD25 said:

Do we think the "vote for one artist" rule is going to be implemented for this season's lives again? 

In an attempt to finally get John Legend his 2nd win, yes.

34 minutes ago, Mathacoo200315 said:

You think it’ll happen? Not a 1st time Reba or D+S win?

I don’t know, literally anything can happen. Given the competition this season this season, I would say there are 5 contenders to win, barring a breakout performance next week.

Bryan, Nathan, Karen, Madison, Josh

(I love Asher, but let’s remember who’s voting)

John and D+S have 2, and Reba has 1. If there is ever a time for John to win again, it’s probably now. I personally think it’s gonna be between him and Reba for this win, but D+S are definitely possible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mathacoo200315 said:

You think it’ll happen? Not a 1st time Reba or D+S win?

We'll just have to see how the top 12 performances go then I'll make a prediction on who could be definite finale material, assuming the format is going to be 12<9<5

• Like 2

I know we always say we have to wait for the live shows first to determine this and that which is understandable, but I do think we might get a John win, and I'm sure tptb is pushing for it too whether it works out or not isn't entirely dependent on them obviously. Besides 25 sounds like a good number for a win from a coach who has been doing  it for a while and is basically a veteran now 

But if its not him, I'm placing my bet on Reba 

Edited by Tmp 12

1 hour ago, Tmp 12 said:

I know we always say we have to wait for the live shows first to determine this and that which is understandable, but I do think we might get a John win, and I'm sure tptb is pushing for it too whether it works out or not isn't entirely dependent on them obviously. Besides 25 sounds like a good number for a win from a coach who has been doing  it for a while and is basically a veteran now

They've been hammering it home in the editing of how he hasn't won since his first season, too, so maybe it'll happen.

If I had to guess, this would be my bet on who on the coaches’ panel has the best shot in terms of winning (and why):

1. John gets win #2: “Veteran coach wins in a milestone season” seems like a good through line for the show to follow, and John’s a coach that understands the strategy well but has struggled with getting his artists to place high in the finale (despite putting up strong teams). Now that he’s finally got multiple people that are not only talented vocalists but also seem to appeal to different segments of the audience, I think he’s in his best position to win since season 16.

2. Reba gets her first win: Reba may not be the longest running coach on the show, but she’s an icon and industry veteran. It’d be a minor feather in her cap for Reba to win the show, but having the last (white) country guy left standing on her team could be a boon for her if he connects with the segment of the audience that goes for his type of artist.

3. Dan + Shay get their first win: The novelty factor of a two-for-one coaching team hasn’t quite worn off for the season, and there is something to be said about a potential combination of the novelty coaching act + milestone season winning. It also doesn’t hurt that they have a strong team and a good grasp on the strategy that goes into competing on the show. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them win, but I don’t think it’s quite as high of a likelihood as John or Reba.

4. Chance getting his first win: Look, Chance seems like a nice enough guy on paper and there should always be a spot for someone on the panel that genuinely wants to nurture their artists’ creative growth. The problem is that in the context of a singing competition, an artist’s creative growth needs to have a strategic edge to it, which is something Chance is noticeably lacking (and that becomes even more glaringly obvious the longer you look at his decisions over the course of his time on the show). If he manages to make the finale and eke past fifth place, great — but odds of him going all the way to a victory lap are slim at best. 

• Like 1

Took a peek at the comments of the Playoff results posted to Facebook, and it all seems pretty positive for once.

- Tons of comments saying they agree with all of Dan and Shay’s picks, with a couple saying Olivia should have made it and barely anyone saying Anya. None of the three who got picked elicited any negativity though.

- For Team Legend, a handful are saying they hoped Mafe could have gotten saved, some saying over Nathan, some over Zoe. The preference seems to be Bryan = Nathan >> Zoe based on the frequency of positive mentions.

Also updated stats.

1. Karen 12.3K

2. Nathan 9.57K

3. Madison 9.5K

4. Bryan 8.7K

5. Zoe 7.2K

6. Tae 3.3K (leak)

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 6

29 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Took a peek at the comments of the Playoff results posted to Facebook, and it all seems pretty positive for once.

- Tons of comments saying they agree with all of Dan and Shay’s picks, with a couple saying Olivia should have made it and barely anyone saying Anya. None of the three who got picked elicited any negativity though.

- For Team Legend, a handful are saying they hoped Mafe could have gotten saved, some saying over Nathan, some over Zoe. The preference seems to be Bryan = Nathan >> Zoe based on the frequency of positive mentions.

Also updated stats.

1. Karen 12.3K

2. Nathan 9.57K

3. Madison 9.5K

4. Bryan 8.7K

5. Zoe 7.2K

6. Tae 3.3K (leak)

Karen's facebook numbers being so massive compared to her performances are so confusing to me.. her performance last round has a massive 27k likes.. she seems like the easy favorite to win 

2 hours ago, thecarterfilez said:

Karen's facebook numbers being so massive compared to her performances are so confusing to me.. her performance last round has a massive 27k likes.. she seems like the easy favorite to win 

1. Why is it surprising? She is a country singer.

2. The quality of her performances has been really good these past three rounds.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

1. Why is it surprising? She is a country singer.

2. The quality of her performances has been really good these past three rounds.

her leading isn't surprising... its surprising how far ahead she is in numbers compared to those like Zoe, Madison and Nathan who've had arguably better performances this past round. 

1 hour ago, thecarterfilez said:

her leading isn't surprising... its surprising how far ahead she is in numbers compared to those like Zoe, Madison and Nathan who've had arguably better performances this past round. 

I'm not gonna debate who had the better performance, but on the numbers, I think It's just a matter of taste. Minivan usually likes her types of singers more than the ones you mentioned.

1 hour ago, thecarterfilez said:

She and Nathan/Madison aren’t very far honestly, that’s just a couple thousand reacts. Karen and Nathan’s KOs also had very similar numbers

3 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Looks like we're finally getting new Chance music after like what, 5 years?

Please try not to freak out with excitement all at once, IDF.

This sound very nice. I'm seeing him performing it during one of the live shows.

You know, when I first listened to the contestants before the show aired, this performance caught my attention 

But it took me a while to realize when Asher auditioned that they were the same dude. He sounds way different in the video. Part of that is his use of headvoice which he's barely utilized on the show. But his tone is also much lighter here. Wonder if we'll see this side of his voice going forward (I hope we do), or maybe it just changed.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

Karen will have to hardly make any mistakes to have a chance though, we know how Minivan is to country females. Finale is likely for her at the very least though.

So, far, she did one thing right with her song choice in the Knockouts. I'm not an expert on the genre but I'm almost sure that Trisha Yearwood is a more beloved artist in the country community than Corey Kent. Song choice is the key to connect with the viewers.

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

So, far, she did one thing right with her song choice in the Knockouts. I'm not an expert on the gente but I'm almos sure that Trisha Yearwood is a more beloved artist in the country community than Corey Kent. Song choice is the key to connect with the viewers.

You're correct on that.

13 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Looks like we're finally getting new Chance music after like what, 5 years?

Please try not to freak out with excitement all at once, IDF.

oh my god i thought this was a tweet announcing his death that was horrifying