The Voice 🌟 Season 25 🌟 Spoilers/News/Updates Reba, Dan & Shay, Legend, Chance

Someone648

That song definitely suited her, and she performed it well. This matters zilch on the show, but she has that pop youthfulness and some of those intonations and swagger that Chance almost certainly picked up on. Yeah, the judges also picked up on it; her personality shown on the song, the hand gestures, the conviction in the eyes, etc. she definitely related to it. If the dude fronts a record label, it's not surprising he'd try to advance her. He made similar comments on Sorelle about being a featured artist on recordings, which was kind of a backhanded diss but hilarious nonetheless.

As an aside, is this the only Selena song that people sing on these shows? Granted, a lot of her 2010s work is dance and electronic, and you can't see anyone singing "Slow Down", "Stars Dance", or her work with The Scene like "Love You Like a Love Song". Although this has always been hilarious:

Edited by jork
  • Like 1

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

How was this the leak 😭

Serenity hasn’t really given a decent performance since her blind & the fact that there’s a good chance she makes Chance’s top 3 is a testament to how weak his team is (via his own self sabotage honestly)

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

well Serenity is in top 12

I'm not good at pointing out if someone is really off-key (someone commented that before the first chorus she was off-key) , but I haven't heard any sour note in her performance. 

Not expecting too much of Team Chance but this was good for me. The 4 Chair Standing Ovation says it all. 

Edited by New but Old
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, jork said:

That song definitely suited her, and she performed it well. This matters zilch on the show, but she has that pop youthfulness and some of those intonations and swagger that Chance almost certainly picked up on. Yeah, the judges also picked up on it; her personality shown on the song, the hand gestures, the conviction in the eyes, etc. she definitely related to it. If the dude fronts a record label, it's not surprising he'd try to advance her. He made similar comments on Sorelle about being a featured artist on recordings, which was kind of a backhanded diss but hilarious nonetheless.

As an aside, is this the only Selena song that people sing on these shows? Granted, a lot of her 2010s work is dance and electronic, and you can't see anyone singing "Slow Down", "Stars Dance", or her work with The Scene like "Love You Like a Love Song". Although this has always been hilarious:

“Lose You to Love Me” has been done a few times on this show, not sure how popular it is outside the US or on other singing shows though.

Serenity’s swagger along with a more consistent vocal this time make me think it’ll be her, Maddi, and someone else for Chance’s top 3, likely RLETTO (Personally hoping for Kyle, but as he’s the newest member of the team I’m not holding my breath).

Reba’s live shows team I’m pretty sure will include Asher and Josh, but I’m less confident on whether she’s going to take L. or the twins for the last spot…gut feeling says the twins, but I wouldn’t fault her either way.

2 minutes ago, New but Old said:

I'm not good at pointing out if someone is really off-key (someone commented that before the first chorus she was off-key) , but I haven't heard any sour note in her performance. 

Not expecting too much of Team Chance but this was good for me. The 4 Chair Standing Ovation says it all. 

The coaches stand up for almost everyone in the playoffs.

Umm they could've just leaked Asher hello? Or Maddi Jane, Josh or even RLETTO even tho he's not my fav.

Not really  a fan of teenage pop singers on this show (few exceptions obviously). I just can't get into her tone but congrats to her for making it to the lives. That's a great feeling especially when you're young and it is one of your biggest achievements in life (so far)

• Confused 1

Just now, Tmp 12 said:

Umm they could've just leaked Asher hello? Or Maddi Jane, Josh or even RLETTO even tho he's not my fav.

Not really  a fan of teenage pop singers on this show (few exceptions obviously). I just can't get into her tone but congrats to her for making it to the lives. That's a great feeling especially when you're young and it is one of your biggest achievements in life (so far)

Asher and Maddi have been in previous leaks, so doubt they would pick them again.

That was pretty good tbh, I think this forum is too hard on her. It was a consistent vocal throughout and it certainly wasn’t “rough.” Also, sorry to the Maddi fans, but this is Chance’s frontrunner whether you like it or not.

That all being said, while this performance was good, I think there are stronger contestants that have been eliminated already that deserve her spot.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, QueenKalie said:

Why does The Voice and Idol keep choosing the same songs. :dead: But anyways that was not good at all.

I fully believe there's an Idol insider watching The Voice tapings this season and copying some of their song choices to pull away focus from TV. Too many coincidences. What are the odds of 3 songs being repeated on both shows within the span of two weeks?

(If you're wondering what the 3rd repeated song is after All Too Well and LYTLM, there's an IG story from RLETTO shared here a few pages back that implies he's singing Blinding Lights for the Playoffs, which was also covered on AI earlier this week.)

Edited by Teraginn
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

I fully believe there's an Idol insider watching The Voice tapings this season and copying some of their song choices to pull away focus from TV. Too many coincidences. What are the odds of 3 songs being repeated on both shows within the span of two weeks?

(If you're wondering what the 3rd repeated song is after All Too Well and LYTLM, there's an IG story from RLETTO shared here a few pages back that implies he's singing Blinding Lights for the Playoffs, which was also covered on AI earlier this week.)

It is really weird not gonna lie. Although the Voice has a chance to beat the Blinding Lights performance at least! 

1 minute ago, QueenKalie said:

It is really weird not gonna lie. Although the Voice has a chance to beat the Blinding Lights performance at least! 

They also timed these repeated songs to air very closely before the Voice versions, which were done months before.

The pettiness is off the charts ☠️☠️☠️☠️

1 minute ago, Teraginn said:

They also timed these repeated songs to air very closely before the Voice versions, which were done months before.

I'm here for the pettiness. Let's see what else happens on Sunday / Monday. :dead:

• Haha 1

Anyway, Serenity is just OK for me, but it would be great if she can stop pointing at stuff like she's in a Phoenix Wright game.

Why can't they quadruple leak Maddi instead 😭

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

I'm here for the pettiness. Let's see what else happens on Sunday / Monday. :dead:

If Triston or Will sings Josh's song, I'm filing copyright claims

Just now, QueenKalie said:

I only know Emmy's song. So I wonder if anyone else is singing All The Small Things. :giggle:

Kyle Schuesler's song confirmed (And I wouldn't be against it)

Just now, Teraginn said:

Kyle Schuesler's song confirmed (And I wouldn't be against it)

I am intrigued by Emmy's song choice because she said she was going to turn it into a country song. So that could be interesting. 

1 minute ago, QueenKalie said:

I am intrigued by Emmy's song choice because she said she was going to turn it into a country song. So that could be interesting. 

Leave it to AI to countrify a Blink 182 classic 🤢

• Haha 1

Just now, Teraginn said:

Leave it to AI to countrify a Blink 182 classic 🤢

It's so random. It's either going to be a surprisingly good move or end in a trainwreck but either way it should be interesting at least. :dead:

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

The Abi/Anya dueling versions aired within an hour and if Anya had been earlier in the line-up, they would have been nearly simultaneous.

Edited by AngelaKD
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

I mean, remember "Black Hole Sun"?? That wasn't a coincidence, in the slightlest. Are you telling me that the song was never sung before on either show and suddenly,. It's picked on both shows with the performances airing very close to each other (One live and one pre-recorded)? 

And the spoiler of Savanna's performance was here, public, for months...

I thought Serenity did a nice job lol

She connected with the song well and I can see why she advanced. That being said you can hear her vocal limitations in the second half of the song and we've noticed that so far, she struggles with the big parts. Unless Chance can help her with that (I doubt it lol) it's gonna be about song choice.

• Like 2