The Voice 🌟 Season 25 🌟 Spoilers/News/Updates Reba, Dan & Shay, Legend, Chance

Someone648

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

John explicitly said he chose their song so we can assume the contestants had no choice

Β 

I distinctly remember him saying last season that he chose Kaylee’s song so there’s that

• Sad 3

Just now, FloorWax said:

Β 

I distinctly remember him saying last season that he chose Kaylee’s song so there’s that

Β 

On the other hand it seemed like Mac was the one who chose his song so idk πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈΒ 

51 minutes ago, AD25 said:

Hey guys, I wonder if the PO contestants had free range to choose their PO songs or if those were assigned by their coaches. Does anyone know?

Madison said at the beginning of her segment that "you guys" picked the perfect song for her. It seems to vary as others have said and it's hard to know unless coach or contestant says something.

Β 

15 minutes ago, Wim said:

Madison said at the beginning of her segment that "you guys" picked the perfect song for her. It seems to vary as others have said and it's hard to know unless coach or contestant says something.

I just wonder if Anya was given a better song choice from an artist like Joni Mitchell, Sarah Mclachlan, or even a slow ballad from Billie Eilish, if she could've pull off a a more compelling performance to increase her chances of advancing to lives. Who knows?Β 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, AD25 said:

Β 

I just wonder if Anya was given a better song choice from an artist like Joni Mitchell, Sarah Mclachlan, or even a slow ballad from Billie Eilish, if she could've pull off a a more compelling performance to increase her chances of advancing to lives. Who knows?Β 

Anya's elimination is so far the most heartbreaking decision for me.Β 

I don't know, but this season is a little bland for me as compared to last season. Β Although this is a solid top 20, there is still something missing. I don't have high hopes for the live shows.Β 

Β 

I like Zoe's whole aesthetic of Swifty's Folklore/Evermore era, with the whole chamber/folk pop, Tokienesque, escapist cottage-core vibe. "Iris" suited her very well. Think she got pigeonholed into country because this whole show is being sucked into the event horizon of country. So anything that seems adjacent gets presumed as such, and Zoe's Louisiana roots give the judges the perfect alibi.Β 

Β 

Of course, anything that seems too intricate beyond traditional country and church-influenced R&B won't get votes. Tae and Zoe's FB numbers both reflect that.Β 

Β 

Nathan Chester's Motown splits was the best part of his performance. His playfulness really stands out, but he is earnest, sincere who gives it his all. He's incredibly throwback-y to 1960s Motown, back when R&B was really joyous and fun-loving.Β 

Β 

Madison put together a performance that spotlighted her voice and storytelling. Her voice has a really pleasant quality for audiophiles, and she sounds polished and current. She definitely has the formulation of a possible winner.Β  Comparing her to winner pop girl contemporaries - ie Chloe Kohanski and Gina Miles. Chloe with her rasp and love for 80s music endeared her to core voters, while Gina had a distinctive throaty cry that poured emotion in the right places. Madison might be less distinct, but she's clear as a bell, emotive and can sell the storyline. We'll see how this goes.Β 

Β 

Β 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MusicBuff101 said:

I said this in the discussion thread last night, but John, I beg of you, don’t give Zoe any more country songs.

Β 

She should NOT be doing country, and I think last night proved that. It’s just not her wheelhouse.

Β 

I’m worried because the show seems determined to peg her as John’s country artist for some reason.

when he asked her is she was gonna countrify ''iris'' I almost lost it... he wants her to be country so badΒ 

2 hours ago, Mathacoo200315 said:

Chance’s whole team I see getting wiped out top 12.

As do I.Β  But they still have next week to truly distinct themselves.Β  If none of them do, then yeah, they'll be gone quickly.Β  Which is fine with me, because Chance has to learn a lesson from his piss-poor decision-making.

19 minutes ago, thecarterfilez said:

when he asked her is she was gonna countrify ''iris'' I almost lost it... he wants her to be country so badΒ 

to be fair it did kinda sound like a countrified version of it, but she seems to know what works for her based on these last few weeks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AD25 said:

Β 

Surely Anya must have submittedΒ  Fleetwood Mac and Joni Songs on her list to the producers or whoever is in charge right? Imagine if she sang A Case of You or switched songs with Madison, maybe she could've made it, but we'll never knowΒ 

Β 

I did not expect MadisonΒ  to getΒ  Landslide tbh, she seemed to present herself more like a pop/upbeat and ballad type of artist but in hindsight it makes sense i guess,and I'm still rooting for her even tho I prefer KarenΒ 

Edited by Tmp 12
  • Like 1

Madison was really good but I feel like it kinda failed to stand out among the versions of that song? Still definitely deserving of moving on though

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, AD25 said:

Just putting it out there Chance follows all of his PO artists on ig, except for Kyle.. πŸ‘€Β 

Ooh, that must not have been a good parting of ways.

i’m starting to wonder if Madison’s performance is the start of her path to winning. that was a really good performance, and hard to dislike (unlike eg: bryan or nathan who some people might think was β€œtoo much”)

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

i’m starting to wonder if Madison’s performance is the start of her path to winning. that was a really good performance, and hard to dislike (unlike eg: bryan or nathan who some people might think was β€œtoo much”)

That was probably a "moment" for her, I could see her being a finalist as of now if she sings well in the live shows.

• Like 2

On 4/23/2024 at 9:27 AM, MusicBuff101 said:

I agree, she was horrible to Kendyle for no reason

Β 

But yeah she was terrible on The Four and she’s very annoying

She also guest mentored on Idol this week, and they have been discussing her replacing Katy as judge. Others have mentioned inviting Kelly since she's not on The Voice anymore.Β 

Β 

Since I prefer The Voice, I would love having Kelly back and Meghan joining Idol. If there's a possibility, we will have a contrast outcome.Β 

• Like 1

I feel like this season's performances have the lowest viewcount in TV history.

Β 

Not a single performance this seasonΒ  has hit a million views on YouTube yet.

Β 

Meanwhile last season had a few performances that hit a million within the first week or two.