American Idol Season 22 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

i mean for the TikTok theme in S20 they literally let contestants sing original songs that they posted on TikTok 💀 they are willing to get very flexible. 

15 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Emmy singing a popular first dance wedding song!  Instead of something upbeat. :wub:

I want to see her attempt something uptempo. :yes:

9 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I want to see her attempt something uptempo. :yes:

I don't. I want her to say that Amazed by Lonestar or whatever song is the song that she wants to dance to at her wedding and just go with that.

• Like 1

If Emmy's being strategic, she needs to stick to her comfort zone to keep the momentum going from her last performance imo. then she can have a riskier moment on Disney night to secure a spot in Top 3. i can already see them crafting an edit about her always feeling insecure and wanting to look like a "princess", and then she comes out dressed in a gorgeous gown singing a beautiful princess song. on that topic, Abi, Emmy, and Julia all have the innocent and sweet qualities to thrive on Disney night. female Top 3 whoo?? /j

Posted (edited)

So, who is gonna sing "You've Got a Friend In Me" on Disney night?? Jack or Triston? My bet is on Jack.

Emmy is probably singing "I See The Light"

There are a whole lot of Disney movies and they keep picking the same songs every year. 🙃 

Edit: Ok, last year they went for some fresh options. Hopefully this year is the same.

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 1

Honestly, it feels like these themes are designed to be a disadvantage to country singers at the worst possible time. :haha:

But, I do think Will is skilled enough to overcome the themes. Jack will just do what he always does. Triston can probably handle another uptempo number. I think it actually works in his favor, since the loud music helps to cover up some of his vocal deficiencies and pitch issues. 

Posted (edited)

Triston is omega awkward with his dance moves though, and I don't see that suddenly changing when he goes uptempo. He will probably be in danger this week. I can see it being McKenna and Triston in the Bottom 2 although Julia will need to bring her A-game to not be in the bottom.

Edited by MalwareDie

8 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Honestly, it feels like these themes are designed to be a disadvantage to country singers at the worst possible time. :haha:

But, I do think Will is skilled enough to overcome the themes. Jack will just do what he always does. Triston can probably handle another uptempo number. I think it actually works in his favor, since the loud music helps to cover up some of his vocal deficiencies and pitch issues. 

Disney theme has been a thing for a while, and it hasn't stopped country singers from winning or finishing as finalists.

I also think there's enough Disney songs that singers from any genre can sing 

I don't really think the disadvantage is that huge.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Honestly, it feels like these themes are designed to be a disadvantage to country singers at the worst possible time

Triston and Will are gunna fight for “real gone” 

I'm watching all these react videos on Emmy's performance. I guess that must be a huge thing on YouTube because they keep recommending me new channels. Most of these people weren't actually watching Idol but since it was the #8 most trending video people watched it and gave their opinions on it. They were all pretty blown away by it.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, m1key said:

we spend a lot of time debating their "edits" and "sob stories." when you think about it, we are literally debating and comparing their trauma and how the producers are manipulating/exploiting it to present it to the audience. that can obviously be EXTREMELY mentally damaging. 

‼️‼️👏

Edited by mmmatt

3 hours ago, Anythingcanhappen said:

yeah exactly. If they can’t handle it they shouldn’t be reading these. 

This is easy to say and way harder to do. It’s like a big groupchat dedicated to talking about our real lives.  It’s simply human nature to want to know what is being said💜

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gustavo527 said:

So, who is gonna sing "You've Got a Friend In Me" on Disney night?? Jack or Triston? My bet is on Jack.

There are a whole lot of Disney movies and they keep picking the same songs every year. 🙃 

Edit: Ok, last year they went for some fresh options. Hopefully this year is the same.

I’d like Will to do it.  :muwahaha:  But he’s probably too smart to do that song, so it will most likely be Jack.

9 minutes ago, mmmatt said:

This is easy to say and way harder to do. It’s like a big groupchat dedicated to talking about our real lives.  It’s simply human nature to want to know what is being said💜

I hope your trip back home is going well! 🥰

• Like 1

tbh disney theme got quite flexible last year. they let iam do “father and son” bc it plays at guardians of galaxy 2…. so all people have to do is find a good tune that plays over any movie under the disney label… that owns pretty much 80% of the movie industry 💀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, wildestinvegas said:

tbh disney theme got quite flexible last year. they let iam do “father and son” bc it plays at guardians of galaxy 2…. so all people have to do is find a good tune that plays over any movie under the disney label… that owns pretty much 80% of the movie industry 💀

For years I’ve saying that they shouldn’t limit it to theatrical releases. Disney has a bunch of tv movies with soundtracks, “Camp Rock” anyone?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

I'm watching all these react videos on Emmy's performance. I guess that must be a huge thing on YouTube because they keep recommending me new channels. Most of these people weren't actually watching Idol but since it was the #8 most trending video people watched it and gave their opinions on it. They were all pretty blown away by it.

tbh both Abi and Emmy's feel like two of the first true "moments" of the ABC era (weirdly enough.) excluding Iam, who had basically all of his performances go viral on all social media platforms, there haven't been many iconic live show performances in the ABC era that have gained enough traction to reach an audience beyond the Idol fandom. usually it stops after auditions/Hollywood.

these performances are getting random people hooked which is what helps define a true "moment" for me. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Voice said:

IMG-0344.jpg

It seems everyone wants Tristan to win.

Also, Adele night will be swapped with Kayko night. 😂

All these years in, and the contestants STILL think winning will be a magic bullet that will somehow fix their life’s problems. I’d suggest they go have a nice long chat with Maddie Poppe who ended up in debt to the label.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

All these years in, and the contestants STILL think winning will be a magic bullet that will somehow fix their life’s problems. I’d suggest they go have a nice long chat with Maddie Poppe who ended up in debt to the label.

Seems like none of them want to win, though. :haha:

I think those who are still in have gone far enough. They’re either going to make it the industry, or not. Surviving another week or two in the contest won’t change that, IMO. 

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

Don't forget about how often songs like Remember Me, How Far I'll Go, When She Loved Me, Into the Unknown, Circle of Life and The Climb have been covered as well. And I am really hoping that the contestants will pick some lesser covered Disney songs to sing, too.

Edited by Winterfan