American Idol Season 22 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

1 hour ago, wildestinvegas said:

Abi - All I Ask, Someone Like You, Turning Tables, When We Were Young (she has the best voice for the theme and Adele’s songs. Lots of options for her tbh)

Will - Don’t You Remember, If It Hadn’t Been For Love, Million Years Ago

Emmy - Make You Feel My Love

Tristan - Make You Feel My Love

Jack - I Drink Wine, Don’t You Remember, River Lea

Julia - Hold On, Skyfall, Melt My Heart To Stone

Mckenna - Remedy, Hometown Glory, Take It All

Good luck to Emmy and Tristan, they’ll need it LOL. Their range won’t help them at all on this theme.

While I agree with you that Abi would sound really good singing Turning Tables, I'd really like to hear her cover Hello. And if Rolling in the Deep is going to be sung, I'd really like to hear a male cover version of it. Do you think Will or Jack could do an adequate job covering it?

TPTB doesn't really cares about who wins, who is the best singer.  They want people that can make them look good.  And that will be with commercial success. 

Fact is most of these people will be forgotten in 2 weeks when the show is over.  It happens every season.  Social media stats don't mean a whole lot unless they translate into real fans who are willingly to spend money on original music, see their favorite in concert.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

TPTB doesn't really cares about who wins, who is the best singer.  They want people that can make them look good.  And that will be with commercial success. 

Fact is most of these people will be forgotten in 2 weeks when the show is over.  It happens every season.  Social media stats don't mean a whole lot unless they translate into real fans who are willingly to spend money on original music, see their favorite in concert.

I bought McKenna's T-shirt that she just put up for sale. So at least she got something out of the experience!

1 hour ago, wildestinvegas said:

Abi - All I Ask, Someone Like You, Turning Tables, When We Were Young (she has the best voice for the theme and Adele’s songs. Lots of options for her tbh)

Will - Don’t You Remember, If It Hadn’t Been For Love, Million Years Ago

Emmy - Make You Feel My Love

Tristan - Make You Feel My Love

Jack - I Drink Wine, Don’t You Remember, River Lea

Julia - Hold On, Skyfall, Melt My Heart To Stone

Mckenna - Remedy, Hometown Glory, Take It All

Good luck to Emmy and Tristan, they’ll need it LOL. Their range won’t help them at all on this theme.

Unfortunately, you’re right.  They’ll need a lot of luck.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, wildestinvegas said:

i actually think emmy has received the most pimping this season. her edit has been very heavily focused on emotional narratives. but tbh, they’ve been keep the pimping this time around pretty well balanced (aside from jack, who they seem to hate since he’s always performing on the first slots every show LOL). nothing has gone off the rails or too over the top like it happened with iam last season (i get that his popularity compelled them to do that but they did too much when he didn’t even need it). 

LOL okay. I guess people remember any pimping if it is not there favorite. And up until this past week Emmy has always sung right in the middle not 1st nor even second to last. And you said you do not think going last helps with votes cause 2 minutes later voting closes so the only week they have said anything pimping wise of Emmy was this past week. Lets see Abi well if her audition was not a pimp with Luke saying i think she is the winner was not a pimp? that was the ultimate pimp or The week Abi went last they over the top pimped her but her fans do not see it cause well its there favorite which is fine. Moving on to Will and Triston they do not need it but Triston gets more pimping then Emmy due to some of his that were really bad but they gloss over it and REALLY? his home life pre song package was not over the top? That he sung for money to help his Mom? Its a sad story and i feel bad for him but that is way more then Emmy has ever gotten.

The thing is Emmy has not been pimped like people think other then when she went last this past week. The problem is there are active posters who just do not like her and that is okay but to say she has got the most pimping is just not true. But they do not see the pimping that comes to some of them cause its there favorite. I may know Emmy but i am objective with the others as well. I like Abi second best as well as others but i try and be even with everyone. Plus i said i would not post on here like some who only praise there Favorite one. Emmy's my Favorite and if she goes home this week so be it but if she stays it will not be due to her be the most pimped of the last 7 that is totally false. Feel free those who hate to dislike this rant lol.

Edited by Emmyfan
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Emmyfan said:

LOL okay. I guess people remember any pimping if it is not there favorite. And up until this past week Emmy has always sung right in the middle not 1st nor even second to last. And you said you do not think going last helps with votes cause 2 minutes later voting closes so the only week they have said anything pimping wise of Emmy was this past week. Lets see Abi well if her audition was not a pimp with Luke saying i think she is the winner was not a pimp? that was the ultimate pimp or The week Abi went last they over the top pimped her but her fans do not see it cause well its there favorite which is fine. Moving on to Will and Triston they do not need it but Triston gets more pimping then Emmy due to some of his that were really bad but they gloss over it and REALLY? his home life pre song package was not over the top? That he sung for money to help his Mom? Its a sad story and i feel bad for him but that is way more then Emmy has ever gotten.

The thing is Emmy has not been pimped like people think other then when she went last this past week. The problem is there are active posters who just do not like her and that is okay but to say she has got the most pimping is just not true. But they do not see the pimping that comes to some of them cause its there favorite. I may know Emmy but i am objective with the others as well. I like Abi second best as well as others but i try and be even with everyone. Plus i said i would not post on here like some who only praise there Favorite one. Emmy's my Favorite and if she goes home this week so be it but if she stays it will not be due to her be the most pimped of the last 7 that is totally false. Feel free those who hate to dislike this rant lol.

Emmy has definitely been given a lot of pimping—which is more than just performance order. The backstory, rehearsal footage, staging, and judge/mentor comments are additional ways TPTB help their favorites. The biggest advantage Emmy has over the other contestants is her famous grandmother, and the audience has been reminded of that connection all season.

• Like 1

Emmy has also been treated with kid gloves. I would imagine the judges are reluctant to be too critical, given who her grandmother is. We all saw how wide eyed they were when they found out, especially Luke. 

Some of the criticism I see on Facebook is over the top, but there is no question she is willingly using her grandmothers fame for votes, otherwise, she wouldn’t have chosen that song. 

Having said all of that, it’s not that serious, and it doesn’t matter to me whether she makes the finale, or goes home this week. She has advantages others don’t have, so her placement on this show is most likely inconsequential.  

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Emmyfan said:

this feels like an overreaction. i just said i see her as the most pimped when it comes to edit-content and proceeded to mention that i think the pimping this season has been well balanced across the board and i do NOT have a big issue with it like i did last season. i also never said anything abt pimping being the reason she’s at the top 7 - where did that came from 💀 really all i mentioned is how i think her packages and portrayal have been directly connected to emotional narratives more than anybody else. but that doesn’t mean that everybody else is getting sabotaged. like i said, jack is the only person i think has been done dirty by producers out of this top 7.

Edited by wildestinvegas
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RTV said:

Emmy has definitely been given a lot of pimping—which is more than just performance order. The backstory, rehearsal footage, staging, and judge/mentor comments are additional ways TPTB help their favorites. The biggest advantage Emmy has over the other contestants is her famous grandmother, and the audience has been reminded of that connection all season.

So are they suppose to ignore that she is her Gr Daughter? they do not ignore every week how poor of a background Triston came from. He is pimped more and again  you can't get more of a pimp then at auditions Abi was said by Luke she could be the winner. The point is people see there favs as not getting pimped when they really are. But Emmy having a famous G Mom is not her fault and until this week they really did not push it hard.

Posted (edited)

And again her pimping is nothing like years past and is really less then Triston and on the same as some of the others. Will most likely is getting way more votes then many think he is and there is no reason for them to.

Look at the pimping the gospel singers back in the top 24 and 20 and 16 got and did it help them? Emmy has made it to top 7 on her own not due to pimping from the judges just like the rest. Unlike a few from years past. Hope everyone's fav makes it i lost 1 so far KB But i still root and VOTE FOR Abi and Emmy. Peace.

Edited by Emmyfan
  • Confused 1

We just have to remind ourselves that it’s a TV show, and having Loretta’s granddaughter singing CMD in the pimp spot was actually a brilliant move on their part. I suspect she would have been in danger of going home otherwise, and she’s more valuable to to keep around than KB. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

@Emmyfan just want to echo what wildestinvegas has basically said: nobody here is targetting or dragging Emmy because she has been pimped. everyone in the competition has been pimped  to some level at this point (besides Jack) and it would be hypocritical to only target Emmy lol.

Emmy benefitting from nepotism is something that is naturally going to be acknowledged because it does have an impact on the competition. i don't think anybody is criticizing her for that right now (but those criticisms would also be valid, since she is occupying a spot that someone less priveledged than her could have had.) 

Edited by m1key
  • Like 1

I will say that Emmy was never really pimped that much prior to her last performance. Obviously if /when she sang a Loretta song naturally they would pimp the hell out of her that week because duh that just makes sense. But prior to that she had mostly just middle of the order slots. There are people that have been more pimped than she has been and people who have been less pimped than her. So it just is what it is.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

I bought McKenna's T-shirt that she just put up for sale. So at least she got something out of the experience!

Just ordered an Abi t-shirt last night. If any girls win... I will support their music. 🙂

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, KelseyW said:

Just ordered an Abi t-shirt last night. If any girls win... I will support their music. 🙂

Nice! Win or lose ill support the ones that I liked the most! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Emmyfan said:

So are they suppose to ignore that she is her Gr Daughter? they do not ignore every week how poor of a background Triston came from. He is pimped more and again  you can't get more of a pimp then at auditions Abi was said by Luke she could be the winner. The point is people see there favs as not getting pimped when they really are. But Emmy having a famous G Mom is not her fault and until this week they really did not push it hard.

Of course it isn't Emmy's fault, and the show is naturally going to push that angle—especially on the episode where Emmy performs Loretta's song, mentions her recent passing, cries, and says "I need to be proud that I am a granddaughter of Loretta Lynn" and "I'm proud to be a coal miner's great-granddaughter." It was a very emotional closing performance.

By the way, I like Emmy and never said she was the most pimped. I agree that Triston has received a lot of help. I replied to your post because it seemed you thought pimping had to do with performance order when TPTB actually use several methods to push their favorites.

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Emmy has also been treated with kid gloves. I would imagine the judges are reluctant to be too critical, given who her grandmother is.

Yes, she has. Again, it's understandable. But it would be more fair if all contestants received the same level of criticism.

• Like 1

One other subtle thing I noticed during Emmy’s performance…they kept showing her mom in the audience, who was emotional, and looks a lot like Loretta. Powerful stuff. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

One other subtle thing I noticed during Emmy’s performance…they kept showing her mom in the audience, who was emotional, and looks a lot like Loretta. Powerful stuff. 

Yeah between her mom and her fellow contestants they got a lot of good crowd shots. It really adds to the performance. It reminded me of Cassadee's performance of Over You when they zoomed in on Blake smiling and crying watching the performance. Good camera work really helps a lot. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

1 hour ago, QueenKalie said:

I will say that Emmy was never really pimped that much prior to her last performance. Obviously if /when she sang a Loretta song naturally they would pimp the hell out of her that week because duh that just makes sense. But prior to that she had mostly just middle of the order slots. There are people that have been more pimped than she has been and people who have been less pimped than her. So it just is what it is.

Well they seem to show Triston's Mom a lot as well as others. And you're right Emmy got no real pimping till this past week going last and then only 2 minutes more voting once she was done so i do not believe the song and edit got her into the top 7 as most votes were most likely in.

But again @TeamAudra They do not show her mom anymore then they show Triston's mom or other parents if there. You're a fan of Will i get it from your posts which is cool i just happen to not like him vocally nor Triston. And i agree with others Jack has not got much of anything but again to each there won enjoy it its a reality tv show.

Edited by Emmyfan

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

Fanwars happening here too? Emmy vs Triston pimping this time it seems lmao.

It seems pimping this season is around Triston, Abi, and maybe a bit of Julia. 

Nah a friendly discussion as i am a fan a of a few. Triston is not 1 of them but to say Emily is the most pimped is just not true lol Triston overall has got so much and again Abi getting the ultimate pimp at audition with i think she might be the winner from Luke which i bet if she makes the top 3 or 5 they will use that i think. And i vote for Abi each week i like her lol but nah its a friendly discussion

Edited by Emmyfan
  • Like 2

Can we focus on spoilers this week

McKenna singing a stripped back song on piano.

Tristan countrifying an Adele classic

Jack doing a slow version of an Adele song with guitar.

Emmy completely stripping back an Adele song with subtle country twangs.

Abi completely stripping back an Adele classic 

• Haha 8

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Emmyfan said:

Well they seem to show Triston's Mom a lot as well as others. And you're right Emmy got no real pimping till this past week going last and then only 2 minutes more voting once she was done so i do not believe the song and edit got her into the top 7 as most votes were most likely in.

But again @TeamAudra They do not show her mom anymore then they show Triston's mom or other parents if there. You're a fan of Will i get it from your posts which is cool i just happen to not like him vocally nor Triston. And i agree with others Jack has not got much of anything but again to each there won enjoy it its a reality tv show.

Yeah, I know they show Triston’s mom a lot, and he’s been overpimped. Fact of the matter is he and Emmy are at least a step below everyone else vocally at this stage. Time for both of them to go, IMO. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

So the Fan Wars rages on.  Never fails.  I personally could care less who wins.  But I think it would be Hilarious - that with all the posturing of the special snowflakes, it's Jake who somehow sneaks by.  He could be this year's Kris Allen.  The meltdown, the pearl clutching, lol.😀

• Haha 3