Jarmon's Rankings of The Battles: 5-1 Posted!

jarmon

Just now, Carebear1999 said:

Guess I have to get used to this.

Yep lol. I am used to my favs getting ranked very low in IDF-ers lists. I used to get really mad at that, but you know, not everyone has similar taste as you. I personally would have put him at least in the top 3, for sure, but I respect Jarmon's opinion

2 hours ago, jarmon said:

20-17 have been posted!

Clues for the Next Set:

1. One of @Angelbright favourites this season.

2. People keep confusing this contestant's name with a contestant from a prior season.

3. This contestant has a very attention grabbing tone.

@QueenCami @nytsch @erik g @Cookie73 @QueenKalie @Gustavo527 @Hsamid @allistr @FloorWax @Daillon @Misirlou

1. Sorelle

2. Mary Kate

3. Neil

1 hour ago, jarmon said:

LMFAOOO I HAVE BEEN CANCELED IT'S TRUE

losing two besties in one day how tragic! but deserved bc what was that Kylee ranking!

would’ve had NOIVAS prob lower or around there and Ross lower. idk about Manasseh wasn’t a big fan of her auditoon

Tbh I think I liked Kylee’s version better than Maelyn’s :ph34rwave: it had more power and that really worked for me. I’d probably have all of these higher except Ross, but I can see it, especially for Manasseh. Her version wasn’t perfect but I feel like she had the emotional connection with it along with some great moments.

These have been coming out so fast that I haven't even been able to give my thoughts on the previous rankings.

Anyways, in terms of personal preference I don't really care for 17-20, with the exception of Mannessah. I don't find them particularly pleasant to listen to.

but they are some of the stronger auditions of the season. I'd probably have them around the same area. 

16. SORELLE

499eb-16780044207952-1920.jpg

Team: Chance

Chair Turn(s): 2

Song: "Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy"

Reasoning: I already know this whole set is probs going to be controversial because most people probs didn't like them but I did. I thought Sorelle brought the dynamics and theatrics and made this performance so fun! It was such a refreshing song choice and the whole performance as a whole was lovely. Their harmonies are so tight and gorgeous and I really grew to love this performance a lot! 

Clue: One of @Angelbright favourites this season.

Angel absolutely loves them!

15. RACHEL CHRISTINE

Rachel-Christine-The-Voice.jpg

Team: Kelly

Song: "Uninvited"

Reasoning: Rachel, slayed this. I was so excited to see someone covering Alanis Morissette and, Rachel DELIVERED! From the beginning, she had me invested in her performance. She has a very haunting and piercing tone that I just absolutely loved. She had great control throughout this performance and her softer notes were beautiful. I'm really excited to see her battle. She's got loads of potential.

Clue: This contestant has a very attention grabbing tone.

I don't think anyone guessed Rachel. Her tone is so piercing and attention grabbing, as soon as she started singing, I was taken aback and she caught my attention.

14. MARY KATE CONNOR

qCwTlgr.png

Team: Blake

Song: "Stars"

Reasoning: I saw @Someone648's ranking now of Mary Kate and I am going to just go cry in the corner alone. Was this the best version of this song? No, Amanda Brown ate. But, this was still such a beautiful vocal from Mary Kate. I really love her tone, it's so easy on the ears. It's so pretty and angelic and I loved how she went about with this vocal delivery. Only thing I'd ask for is for her to work on her belting as she hasn't quite perfected how she belts yet but man, that tone is gorgeous! And SPOILER, she absolutely slayed "Anti-Hero" for her Battle as she was leaked today so YEAH I am a Mary Kate defender!!!

Clue: People keep confusing this contestant's name with a contestant from a prior season.

People keep calling Mary Kate...."Marybeth" in the Spoiler Thread.

• Like 2

• jarmon changed the title to Jarmon's Rankings of The Blinds: 16-14 Posted!

16-14 have bee posted!

Clues for the Next Set:

1. This contestant's appearance reminds me of a contestant from a previous season.

2. This contestant wore the same outfit a contestant wore in a previous season.

3. This contestant gave a very interesting version of the song they sang for their BA.

@QueenCami @nytsch @erik g @Cookie73 @QueenKalie @Gustavo527 @Hsamid @allistr @FloorWax @Daillon @Misirlou

10 minutes ago, jarmon said:

16-14 have bee posted!

Clues for the Next Set:

1. This contestant's appearance reminds me of a contestant from a previous season.

2. This contestant wore the same outfit a contestant wore in a previous season.

3. This contestant gave a very interesting version of the song they sang for their BA.

1. Neil (Keith Paluso?? or whatever that dude is)

2. Katie (Ainae)

3. Laura (vi-i-i-i-ibrato but i loved it)

On 3/24/2023 at 1:41 PM, jarmon said:

40. Alyssa Lazar 

Untitled-design-5.png

Chair Turn(s): 1 

Song: "Maybe I'm Amazed"

Reasoning: Poor Alyssa, we only got to hear literally 10 seconds of her performance. She sounded great during those 10 seconds but unfortunately it just wouldn't feel right to rank her above anyone else. The Voice did her dirty by making her the ONLY montage. And I still don't get why? So much unnecessary footage could've been replaced with her full performance. Her version got me interested too, such a shame. 

39. Chloe Abbott

Et5SDbRXAAwfBk-?format=jpg&name=large

Song: "How Deep Is Your Love"

Reasoning: The athlete, Chloe comes in at #39. Chloe is super gorgeous and an impressive athlete. However, her audition didn't leave an impression on me. It was just kinda bland and boring and sleepy. I liked her song choice but after MaKenzie Thomas slayed this song, nobody should be covering it. I admire her for using her head voice but it just wasn't as pleasing to my ears unfortunately. 

38. Ray Uriel

375x375bb.jpg

Song: "Glimpse of Us"

Reasoning: I swear I have nothing against Team Chance lmao they just so happen to be my bottom 3 auditions of the season. I do love Ray's tender voice, but I have to say that he started off well and then kinda lost me. It just started to sound a little shaky for me. He tried to use his falsetto but it just didn't sound that great to my ears. I feel he didn't really have any standout moments in this performance and I do blame it on the song choice. I do love his personality and wish he got to show more of that in his blind audition but maybe he will show it off in his battle. But yeah, for now, I'm not that impressed by Ray but I most definitely will be simping for him because he is a fine man.

37. Carlos Rising 

356f656c-c46f-4dfc-8c99-73902f7f5995-CarlosPortrait_edited.jpg?width=390&format=pjpg&auto=webp&quality=70

Chair turn(s): 2

Song: "Change the World"

Reasoning: Ah, a non-Team Chance member! Imagine if the whole first set was Team Chance, lol. Anyways, as for Carlos, he has a soothing voice but it's just unfortunate that his audition just left me bored and he probably might be one of the more forgettable auditions for me unfortunately. It's just not one that sticks out to me, but hey, what do I know? He was able to turn Blake & Kelly so good for him. Excited to see him in the battles where hopefully I enjoy his tone more. It could be the song choice that just left me bored and not invested in his performance. With my rankings, I tend to factor in how many times I've listened to it and it's replay-worthiness. I wouldn't replay this performance, sorry Carlos. Just not my cup of tea.

No complains here, maybe i'd has Carlos a little higher but not so much

I mean, I’d probably have Sorelle and Mary Kate lower but I don’t think those placements are that bad, at least for Mary Kate I was really on the cusp of liking it but the chorus just held me back.

I think your last clue is Laura…

My thoughts

Mary Beth Connor- She’s finally ranked. Yeah, I agree more with Someone648 on this one. Good tone, but Shelby and Amanda were a lot better so I was disappointed. I’d have her around 30, so not as low as Someone, but still pretty low. I liked her battle though.

Rachel Christine- The only audition in this set that I like. I’d have her a bit higher than this, but interesting tone and intriguing song choice. I enjoyed the haunting vibes of this version.

Sorelle- Another one that I would put in the 30s. I was not a fan of the song choice, considering the other Queen songs they could have picked. It was very cheesy and I wasn’t a fan of their voices on the song either. Luckily, just like Mary Beth, I liked their battle better.

Yeah, I preferred the previous group overall

I could never do one of these, because even though I throw shade around every now and then, I’d feel too bad about ranking people low, and publishing it. That’s why I don’t often do a full ranking in the poll threads after each episode. 

• Like 1

16- 14

16. Honestly, I´d say this is about right for Sorelle. Didn´t like their blind at first but I´ve grown to really respect and appreciate their creativity. Plus, great song choice.

15. Loved Rachel´s song choice but I was left wanting more. Would have her lower, around 30 or so.

14. Yeah, bottom 5. Lovely tone, extremely green in her blind. (I did change my mind today, given something in spoilers, but we´re talking solely about her blind).

Edited by Misirlou

1 hour ago, jarmon said:

16. SORELLE

499eb-16780044207952-1920.jpg

Song: "Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy"

Reasoning: I already know this whole set is probs going to be controversial because most people probs didn't like them but I did. I thought Sorelle brought the dynamics and theatrics and made this performance so fun! It was such a refreshing song choice and the whole performance as a whole was lovely. Their harmonies are so tight and gorgeous and I really grew to love this performance a lot! 

Clue: One of @Angelbright favourites this season.

Angel absolutely loves them!

15. RACHEL CHRISTINE

Rachel-Christine-The-Voice.jpg

Team: Kelly

Song: "Uninvited"

Reasoning: Rachel, slayed this. I was so excited to see someone covering Alanis Morissette and, Rachel DELIVERED! From the beginning, she had me invested in her performance. She has a very haunting and piercing tone that I just absolutely loved. She had great control throughout this performance and her softer notes were beautiful. I'm really excited to see her battle. She's got loads of potential.

Clue: This contestant has a very attention grabbing tone.

I don't think anyone guessed Rachel. Her tone is so piercing and attention grabbing, as soon as she started singing, I was taken aback and she caught my attention.

14. MARY KATE CONNOR

qCwTlgr.png

Song: "Stars"

Reasoning: I saw @Someone648's ranking now of Mary Kate and I am going to just go cry in the corner alone. Was this the best version of this song? No, Amanda Brown ate. But, this was still such a beautiful vocal from Mary Kate. I really love her tone, it's so easy on the ears. It's so pretty and angelic and I loved how she went about with this vocal delivery. Only thing I'd ask for is for her to work on her belting as she hasn't quite perfected how she belts yet but man, that tone is gorgeous! And SPOILER, she absolutely slayed "Anti-Hero" for her Battle as she was leaked today so YEAH I am a Mary Kate defender!!!

Clue: People keep confusing this contestant's name with a contestant from a prior season.

People keep calling Mary Kate...."Marybeth" in the Spoiler Thread.

Really bold

• Haha 7

16. Wouldve been way lower for me sorry💀😭

15. I think i'd have her around here as well. 

14. Her performance didnt really do much for me but she does have a really nice tone. I'd have her around 20 i think. She slayed in her battle though

Edited by erik g