Jarmon's Rankings of The Battles: 5-1 Posted!

jarmon

On 3/21/2023 at 2:28 PM, jarmon said:

NariYella may have my favourite blind audition of the season. That was just phenomenal! :wub:

I've been replaying it like crazy, like WHAAAT?!?!

found it lol. But it says "may have", so i'm guessing her and Laura are Top 2

Edited by erik g
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, erik g said:

Jarmon said the same thing after NariYellas leak came out too! 

That's why I mentioned in the brackets that it was before NariYella and JB.

So, I'd say Laura is above Cait and Kala for sure.

Above NariYella and JB? It remains to be seen.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, erik g said:

found it lol. But it says "may have", so i'm guessing her and Laura are Top 2

Can you teach me how to quote someone's or your own post from one thread to another? Pls

Edited by Hamza Tufail

24 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Can you teach me how to quote someone's or your own post from one thread to another? Pls

I just press quote on whatever post, then go to whatever other thread i want to quote it in, and once you open the thread "Quote 1 Post" should show up. (i suck at explaining sorry)

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, erik g said:

I just press quote on whatever post, then go to whatever other thread i want to quote it in, and once you open the thread "Quote 1 Post" should show up. (i suck at explaining sorry)

u have to click the plus sign right?

I'd probably have Holly, Grace, Tasha and Gina around the 10-15 range, so not too far off from where you've placed them.

Ryley would be my number 1, but Kala and Cait have not been ranked yet (my other top 3)

Laura would probably be 15-20 along with JB and Nariyella.

Anyways, I don't care much about the placements themselves, moreso the reasoning and I've pretty much agreed with most things you've said.

On 4/1/2023 at 1:37 PM, jarmon said:

10. GINA MILES

Gina-Miles.jpg

Team: Niall

Chair Turn(s): 2

Song: "The One That Got Away"

Reasoning: Gina absolutely slayed this. She has a wonderful sound. It's very beautiful and strong. It was an interesting take on this song because I'm a lot more used too the "sweeter" covers of this song. But, Gina really delivered a more emotional and idk how to word this because I don't how to classify her voice but it's more like "full" for me, like much more stronger and she added depth to this song and I thoroughly enjoyed it. 

Clue: This contestant and the coaches seem to keep trying to push this narrative and I'm just not so into it or amazed by the narrative they pushing.

Oh my god, the producers, Gina & the coaches are really to push how she has such a softer speaking voice and bigger singing voice. In my opinion, it doesn't amaze me at all, it's not as surprising as We. It just seems like a shtick to me. Maybe that's the word to use but I just feel this narrative is just a little too forced for me to get into. But anyways, aside from that, I absolutely love Gina's voice lmaooo so yeah lil rant over.

9. HOLLY BRAND

holly-brand-1678226656606.jpg

Team: Kelly

Chair Turn(s): 3

Song: "Mississippi Girl"

Reasoning: Firstly, Holly is absolutely gorgeous, my goodness. Stunning. And guess what?! Her voice is just as stunning!! Man, that opening line on its own caught my attention. I would've turned straight away like Kelly did. Her voice is do dynamic and full of personality. It was a fantastic performance and when she belted "I'm still a Mississippi Girl", MY GOODNESS I WAS SHOOK!!! IMPRESSED IMPRESSED IMPRESSED!!

Clue: These 2 contestants have things in common.

See 8 for explanation!

8. GRACE WEST 

Grace-West-The-Voice.jpg

Team: Blake

Chair Turn(s): 2

Song: "Maybe It Was Memphis"

Reasoning: Wow, I was really impressed by Grace!! She absolutely slayed with this performance. She had a killer song choice and delivered some killer vocals. She has such a beautiful country sound that I absolutely ADORE! Like she gets major bonus points for the song choice alone but the fact her control is this good?!?! I'M LISTENING! Such a wonderful performance and I've been replaying her performance A LOTTTT!!! And that ending with "but it sure felt riiiigghhttt" I WAS SOLD.

Clue: These 2 contestants have things in common.

So Holly & Grace have the following in common:

1. Both sang songs referencing locations in the song title. 

2. Both turned Niall and didn't pick him, lol.

3. Both are country singers, lol I should've put this first.

4. Both have wonderful pure country tones (from what we've heard so far), I like the more traditional country voices as compared to the more current/pop country sounds. Like both though.

5. Both are on Akshar's (meeee!) stan list! :wub:

You're lucky I have been out in enjoying all the CMT Award stuff here so I missed this tragic set. :dead:

• Haha 1

5. CAIT MARTIN

Cait-Martin-The-Voice.jpg

Team: Kelly

Chair Turn(s): 4

Song: "As It Was"

Reasoning: Absolutely love this song choice, firstly! I loved her version of it, it's interesting so far that the 2 covers of this song so far on this show, both times the contestants flipped it and made it their own. I love that. Cait's was a little more heartfelt and emotional and the fact she went more ballad-y was amazing. Pulling off some amazing notes with her sweet tone. Really promising! I do think she did kinda take away the fun of the song though which normally gets me in a vibe BUT at the same time, she executed the meaning of the lyrics PERFECTLY.

Clue: See 4.

4. NARIYELLA

SpdUD3PlQkWtCo2LfXUq_986mTgUJ90Qg6nSS

Team: Chance

Chair Turn(s): 4

Song: "One Night Only"

Reasoning: OH, YOU BETTA SANG, NARIYELLA!!! She absolutely SLAYED this song, I was LIVING!!! She is a natural, and when she waved at Blake or Niall when he turned around? She knew she was EATINGGGG! Such a masterclass vocal. She is the African American powerhouse we need this season!!! This performance just gave me goosebumps! And HER PERSONALITY?!! OMG SHINING THROUGH. I loved every bit of her interaction with the coaches, she is so comfortable and confident and knows how talented she is. When she said "I'm 20, you know the math!" I WAS DEAD. I was loving every bit of this performance and I absolutely adore NariYella. 

Clue: These 2 contestants have something in common.

Cait & NariYella are both 4 chair turns who were also leaks. 

• jarmon changed the title to Jarmon's Rankings of The Blinds: 5-4 Posted!
4 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Something's telling me 3. Laura 2. JB 1. Kala but I'm not sure...

3 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

gonna guess

1. Kala

2. JB

3. Laura

Interesting, y'all both guessed the same 👀

2 minutes ago, jarmon said:

And we are left with 3.....

JB Somers "A Case of You"

Kala Banham "Both Sides, Now"

Laura Littleton "Sign of the Times"

Who shall be my #1? Guess away!