Jarmon's Rankings of The Battles: 5-1 Posted!

jarmon

2 hours ago, jarmon said:

24. Alex Whalen

the-voice-2301-alex-whalen.jpg

Team: Blake

Chair Turn(s): 2

Song: "Help Me Make It Through the Night"

Reasoning: Alex has a very country voice, lol. Like, it's one that I do adore. It was very soothing and he delivered a very pleasing audition. From here onwards, I really just love all these auditions. Alex has something special and I was shook when he started speaking because I'm like that speaking don't match that singing voice, sir! He had me very impressed. He chose a song that suited his voice well and he soared with it. Surprised he only turned 2 chairs to be honest. 

Clue: This contestants speaking voice doesn't match their singing voice.

Alex is British and when he sings, he doesn't sing with a British accent.

23. Magnus

G34RFA65WJDMBF5EQS4N3YMFB4.jpg

Team: Chance

Chair Turn(s): 1

Song: "Sara Smile"

Reasoning: Magnus chose a song that I do love. I was introduced to this song through Al Calderon on The X Factor USA. It was fantastic. And Magnus' rendition was just as fantastic. I loved Magnus' soulfulness and how he sang this with such ease and sooo smooth. His runs gave me chills and I just loved every bit of it. He deserved more than 1 chair turn!! 

Clue: This contestant got a coach to turn just 12 seconds into the performance.

Chance hit his button around the 12 second mark.

22. Mariah Kalia

the-voice-2305-mariah-kalia.jpg

Song: "idontwannabeyouanymore"

Reasoning: Controversial, maybe. I wanted to like Mariah more than I actually did. She's a very talented vocalist with a very unique and soothing voice. It's just that this has to be one of the weaker renditions of this song, that said, not bad by any means. It's just that her voice dabbled a bit into the "cursive singing" at some parts. But, I do love her energy and natural swag when she sings. It was an effortless vocal and she has loads of potential for sure. 

Clue: This contestants age was highlighted in the YouTube title.

Mariah's age was included in the title of her performance stating she's a 17-year-old.

21. EJ Michels

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJzdWJtaXRodWIiLCJrZXkiOiJp

Song: "Easy on Me"

Reasoning: EJ's story really spoke to me so I already knew I was going to like him just based off his back story alone. Then he delivered such a soothing vocal. It's so refreshing hearing a man sing this song and that too, so delicately! He delivered a beautiful vocal and I really love his tone. Singing Adele ain't no joke, and he rose up to the occasion. He's also such a cutie and is very easy on the eyes. Defs my eye candy for the season.

Clue: Turned Blake and Chance.

EJ turned both Blake & Chance.

Aha! So I was right about Mariah and EJ :giggle:. Have to give Cookie credit for guessing Alex though.

- I feel like Alex is at least Top 16 for me, but again I don’t feel passionate about him so I can’t object to this placement.

- Sorry, but he would be in my second to the last set. I found him a bit uninteresting and his vocal wasn’t perfect either.

- Mariah is close to where I’d place her. She just got lost in an episode filled with great auditions for me.

- I loved EJ’s tone and while there some very, VERY obvious misses, I think I liked the good parts enough that he’d still be in my Top 16.

2 hours ago, jarmon said:

24-21 have been posted!

Clues for the Next Set:

1. Solid audition, if only this contestant had support.

2. Guess this coach did rescue this contestant.

3. This contestant didn't live up to their pre-show hype imo.

4. This contestant ranking is going to upset one of you, lol.

@QueenCami @nytsch @erik g @Cookie73 @QueenKalie @Gustavo527 @Hsamid @allistr @FloorWax @Daillon @Misirlou

- I tried looking through the song choices of the remaining people, but I couldn’t really relate it to any of them? I’ll just go with Ross because I doubt he’ll be any higher.

- The only obvious clue, Manasseh

- I remember you rating Neil higher than NOIVAS so I’ll go with the latter.

- Lmao I don’t want to assume, but people have already done that for me so I’ll just go along with them and say mean me with JB :dead:

Edited by FloorWax
  • Haha 1

Magnus was pretty good but I wish he had a better song choice. I didn't particularly enjoy EJ's tone and the bad moments were some of the worst parts of any audition imo. I did think he connected to the emotion of the song though.

I would be egocentric too and guess that the upsetting placement is Tasha, but also I don't think she'd be this low so idk

5 hours ago, jarmon said:

24-21 have been posted!

Clues for the Next Set:

1. Solid audition, if only this contestant had support.

2. Guess this coach did rescue this contestant.

3. This contestant didn't live up to their pre-show hype imo.

4. This contestant ranking is going to upset one of you, lol.

Interesting hints. I sense some shockers coming :haha:

Only clear one for me here is Manasseh.

I've been enjoying the whole list here so far 🙂

(even the ones I disagree with)

• istersay changed the title to Jarmon's Rankings of The Blinds: 24-21 Posted!
5 hours ago, FloorWax said:

- Lmao I don’t want to assume, but people have already done that for me so I’ll just go along with them and say mean me with JB :dead:

i think you're right actually. because jarmon said "someone" not "some people" and you're one of the few vocal JB fans (whereas someone like Tasha is reasonably well-liked and to a lesser extent same with Kylee).

however i feel like you're not gonna get mad because you are a normal person whereas i would (pretend to) rage if Kylee were this low so? def reading too much into it though

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Misirlou said:

24-21

- Alex is one of my favorites. Loved the combination of raspiness and soft moments in his blind, plus he picked a great song. His covers in SM are fantastic too. I'd put him higher, probably in my Top 10.

- Magnus was one of my least favorites in the blinds. Talented, but the performance just didnt work for me.

- Mariah was a pleasant surprise, given that I hadnt heard much of her work on SM beforehand. I'd put her a bit higher. 

- EJ has range and props for a risky song choice, but some issues prevented me to enjoy it as much as I wanted to. That being said, I think this is a fair placement for him.

- Ah, I need to have a look at Alex's social media covers.

- Understandable!
- Oooh, interesting. Her tone just isn't for me.

- Mad props for covering Adele. And yeah, there were some issues but I did enjoy it overall.

9 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Aha! So I was right about Mariah and EJ :giggle:. Have to give Cookie credit for guessing Alex though.

- I feel like Alex is at least Top 16 for me, but again I don’t feel passionate about him so I can’t object to this placement.

- Sorry, but he would be in my second to the last set. I found him a bit uninteresting and his vocal wasn’t perfect either.

- Mariah is close to where I’d place her. She just got lost in an episode filled with great auditions for me.

- I loved EJ’s tone and while there some very, VERY obvious misses, I think I liked the good parts enough that he’d still be in my Top 16.

You were! 

- Ah, I'm glad Alex is more well liked around here.

- OOOF, I get it though.

- RIGHTTTTTT

- I also love his tone, very pretty.

8 hours ago, nytsch said:

Magnus was pretty good but I wish he had a better song choice. I didn't particularly enjoy EJ's tone and the bad moments were some of the worst parts of any audition imo. I did think he connected to the emotion of the song though.

I would be egocentric too and guess that the upsetting placement is Tasha, but also I don't think she'd be this low so idk

Yeah, understandable. Aw, sad you didn't enjoy EJ's tone. But I respect it.

And we shall find out!

7 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Interesting hints. I sense some shockers coming :haha:

Only clear one for me here is Manasseh.

I've been enjoying the whole list here so far 🙂

(even the ones I disagree with)

Indeed :giggle:

And thank you! ❤️ 

20. ROSS CLAYTON

the-voice-2301-ross-clayton.jpg

Team: Niall

Chair Turn(s): 4

Song: "Blue Ain't Your Color"

Reasoning: Ross had a wonderful song choice that suited his voice perfectly. It was so soothing and easy on the ears. I loved every bit of it and when he soared, it was beautiful. He has loads of potential and I can see why he turned 4 chairs. I wish his family was there with him in person to celebrate because damn, he did so well. The only reason I don't have this higher is that it isn't a performance I go back to a lot. I can respect it being a solid vocal but just not too replayable. I have to say though his glasses are dope and reminds me of John Lennon.

Clue: Solid audition, if only this contestant had support.

Ross Clayton turned 4 chairs but had no one there to celebrate with as his wife was the kids back home. And Carson made reference to "where is everyone?" when Ross turned all 4 chairs.

19. MANASSEH SAMONE

the-voice-blind-auditions-part-3-manasseh-samone-1.jpg

Song: "Rise Up"

Reasoning: And, with that, all the 1 chair turns are now officially out of the Rankdown. Manasseh had a beautiful opening note but then had me a little worried after that, as it didn't quite reach the levels that other contestants who covered this song reached. But, I don't know how else to explain it but Manasseh just spoke to my soul, man! I believed every word she said and I was so proud of her for coming back and turning a chair. I loved her version of "Rescue" last season so I was ecstatic to see her back and get a chair turn that she deserves! Also spoiler, but her Battle was just leaked and it was FREAKING FANTASTIC! :wub:

Clue: Guess this coach did rescue this contestant.

Manasseh sang "Rescue" last season and was a no-chair turn. Now, this season, she turned Chance who wasn't on the panel last season so he "rescued" her this season from potentially being a no-chair turn again.

18. KYLEE DAYNE

the-voice-2305-kylee-dayne.jpg

Chair Turn(s): 3

Song: "Fallingwater"

Reasoning: Now, Miss Kylee. You don't cover any songs that my QUEEN MAELYN JARMON covered on this show. No one is going to top her performances for me. I found Kylee's tone a little weird and not for me at the beginning, BUTTTTT then WOW the chorus hit and she started picking up more steam and confidence in herself and started delivering a killer performance. I loved her belting and smooth runs. Also that ending note? GORGEOUS! She would've ranked higher if she was more consistent throughout the whole performance.

Clue: This contestant ranking is going to upset one of you, lol.

I know @QueenCami is a big fan of Kylee and gave me a warning that I'll lose bestie status if she's not in the Top 10. Well....anyone wants a new bestie?

17. NOIVAS

wt4Z5Ie.png

Song: "A Change Is Gonna Come"

Reasoning: Oh, I'm going to be in danger, chile. I'm sorry, I know NOIVAS might be a lot of people's favourite and as much as I did enjoy his audition. It just wasn't anywhere near the top of my favourites. I love this song soooo much and Joshua Ledet absolutely SLAYED it on American Idol as well as Jennifer Hudson's cover of this, flawless. NOIVAS delivered a nice, clean vocal but I wanted SOME MORE GRITTTT AND GROWLS! To really MOVE me! NOIVAS just held back a little too much, I want the drama, theatrics and KILLER VOCALS to bring me to TEARRRRSSSS!! 

Clue: This contestant didn't live up to their pre-show hype, imo.

A lot of people on IDF were hyping NOIVAS up a lot and I really expected to be BLOWN AWAY by his blind audition and unfortunately, I wasn't blown away enough. Just need that extra special spark that was missing.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

• jarmon changed the title to Jarmon's Rankings of The Blinds: 20-17 Posted!

20-17 have been posted!

Clues for the Next Set:

1. One of @Angelbright favourites this season.

2. People keep confusing this contestant's name with a contestant from a prior season.

3. This contestant has a very attention grabbing tone.

@QueenCami @nytsch @erik g @Cookie73 @QueenKalie @Gustavo527 @Hsamid @allistr @FloorWax @Daillon @Misirlou

- Hey! I didn't know what the clue was referring to but I got Ross right! Anyway, this is probably way higher than I'd place him. Solid vocalist but I don't find his voice very appealing.

- This is probably exactly where I'd place Manasseh tbh. She did great, of course, but its just hard to stand up to previous versions of that song, and she didn't really do anything to distinguish herself from past contestants similar to her. 

- I'd have Kylee in my Top 10 honestly, but this placement is understandable. It definitely wasn't the strongest right out of the gate, which you pointed out, but the rest of the performance more than made up for that imo.

- You know, you think you're walking on eggshells ranking NOIVAS that low, but I'd probably place him lower, at #20 maybe. :giggle:I was underwhelmed when it first leaked, and no matter how many times I rewatch his performance, it just doesn't get any better for me really. It's an indisputably good performance, but personally, I just don't get much enjoyment out of it, sorry.

2 minutes ago, jarmon said:

20-17 have been posted!

Clues for the Next Set:

2. People keep confusing this contestant's name with a contestant from a prior season.

1. Sorelle NariYella
2. Mary Kate (people keep mistaking her for Marybeth)
3. Neil Salsich???????????? (nvm i think you liked him lol)

Edited by allistr

9 minutes ago, jarmon said:

20. ROSS CLAYTON

the-voice-2301-ross-clayton.jpg

Team: Niall

Song: "Blue Ain't Your Color"

Reasoning: Ross had a wonderful song choice that suited his voice perfectly. It was so soothing and easy on the ears. I loved every bit of it and when he soared, it was beautiful. He has loads of potential and I can see why he turned 4 chairs. I wish his family was there with him in person to celebrate because damn, he did so well. The only reason I don't have this higher is that it isn't a performance I go back to a lot. I can respect it being a solid vocal but just not too replayable. I have to say though his glasses are dope and reminds me of John Lennon.

Clue: Solid audition, if only this contestant had support.

Ross Clayton turned 4 chairs but had no one there to celebrate with as his wife was the kids back home. And Carson made reference to "where is everyone?" when Ross turned all 4 chairs.

19. MANASSEH SAMONE

the-voice-blind-auditions-part-3-manasseh-samone-1.jpg

Song: "Rise Up"

Reasoning: And, with that, all the 1 chair turns are now officially out of the Rankdown. Manasseh had a beautiful opening note but then had me a little worried after that, as it didn't quite reach the levels that other contestants who covered this song reached. But, I don't know how else to explain it but Manasseh just spoke to my soul, man! I believed every word she said and I was so proud of her for coming back and turning a chair. I loved her version of "Rescue" last season so I was ecstatic to see her back and get a chair turn that she deserves! Also spoiler, but her Battle was just leaked and it was FREAKING FANTASTIC! :wub:

Clue: Guess this coach did rescue this contestant.

Manasseh sang "Rescue" last season and was a no-chair turn. Now, this season, she turned Chance who wasn't on the panel last season so he "rescued" her this season from potentially being a no-chair turn again.

18. KYLEE DAYNE

the-voice-2305-kylee-dayne.jpg

Chair Turn(s): 3

Song: "Fallingwater"

Reasoning: Now, Miss Kylee. You don't cover any songs that my QUEEN MAELYN JARMON covered on this show. No one is going to top her performances for me. I found Kylee's tone a little weird and not for me at the beginning, BUTTTTT then WOW the chorus hit and she started picking up more steam and confidence in herself and started delivering a killer performance. I loved her belting and smooth runs. Also that ending note? GORGEOUS! She would've ranked higher if she was more consistent throughout the whole performance.

Clue: This contestant ranking is going to upset one of you, lol.

I know @QueenCami is a big fan of Kylee and gave me a warning that I'll lose bestie status if she's not in the Top 10. Well....anyone wants a new bestie?

17. NOIVAS

wt4Z5Ie.png

Song: "A Change Is Gonna Come"

Reasoning: Oh, I'm going to be in danger, chile. I'm sorry, I know NOIVAS might be a lot of people's favourite and as much as I did enjoy his audition. It just wasn't anywhere near the top of my favourites. I love this song soooo much and Joshua Ledet absolutely SLAYED it on American Idol as well as Jennifer Hudson's cover of this, flawless. NOIVAS delivered a nice, clean vocal but I wanted SOME MORE GRITTTT AND GROWLS! To really MOVE me! NOIVAS just held back a little too much, I want the drama, theatrics and KILLER VOCALS to bring me to TEARRRRSSSS!! 

Clue: This contestant didn't live up to their pre-show hype, imo.

A lot of people on IDF were hyping NOIVAS up a lot and I really expected to be BLOWN AWAY by his blind audition and unfortunately, I wasn't blown away enough. Just need that extra special spark that was missing.

-Not really my think but i get the appeal

-ur canceled

-i'd have her a little higher

-i understand but ur still canceled

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, jarmon said:

20-17 have been posted!

Clues for the Next Set:

- ISTG IF THIS IS SORELLE LMAO

- Mary Kate (Marybeth)

- This is way too vague so I'll just take a wild guess: Kate Cosentino?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, jarmon said:

Clues for the Next Set:

3. This contestant has a very attention grabbing tone

1. Sorelle

that's all i got💀

• Haha 2

20. I’d put Ross around this set as well. I may have criticized it for being the weakest 4 chair audition this season, but it’s still better than Carson and Orlando for sure, and I did give it a decent ranking for Week 1. Not elite for me, but still good.

19. Manasseh would probably be in my next set. This was a very good audition, and one of the better auditions in a weak episode, and deserved more than one chair.

18. I would have Kylee in a similar spot. Her audition was good, but it wasn’t a standout for me, and may have been my least favorite audition to get exactly three chairs this season (though the bar was pretty high this season, unlike Season 21). She hit some great notes in the end though.

17. Prepare to get backlash from a lot of people for this placement. I enjoyed NOIVAS’s audition the most in the premiere, and it finished as a #1 in a close race with a contestant that hasn’t been ranked. It may have been hyped up a lot, but it was still really good, and I personally think this placement is way too low for him. 2 of my Top 4 are out already 😢

Edited by Cookie73
  • Like 1

20-17

- I´d have Ross lower. Good voice , but 0 grit, performance felt very plain in my opinion. We´ve had stronger versions of the song on the show.

- Yeah, seems about right for Manasseh. I enjoyed the operatic influences in her voice (even if I don´t like the genre). Plus, always love a comeback story.

- The forum seems to love her, but I´d have Kylee lower. Obviously a great singer, performance just didn´t do much for me.

- Yeah, top 5 for me, I dug the rawness of NOIVAS´s blind, one of the must bareboned performances we´ve had recently.

20. Ross in the middle seems about right to me. Personally, he felt like the weakest 4-chair.

19. I can agree with Manasseh in this range. Definitely a big improvement and a lot of good notes 

18. I do like Kylee but I feel like there were a lot of stronger (and weaker) auditions similar to her lane. 

17. Even if he didn't fully live up to the hype, I do feel like NOIVAS delivered a top 10 audition this season. Gonna have to relisten and make a list to evaluate where exactly I feel he ranks...

On that note, mind if I steal this countdown idea when you're done, @jarmon? I'm feeling inspired :haha:

8 minutes ago, Carebear1999 said:

LOLOLOL @ the obvious NOIVAS hate... anyway

I hope you’re referring to me because @jarmon was really, really nice about it. I don’t think anything I said constituted as hate either but 🤷‍♂️

• Like 5

1 hour ago, FloorWax said:

- Hey! I didn't know what the clue was referring to but I got Ross right! Anyway, this is probably way higher than I'd place him. Solid vocalist but I don't find his voice very appealing.

- This is probably exactly where I'd place Manasseh tbh. She did great, of course, but its just hard to stand up to previous versions of that song, and she didn't really do anything to distinguish herself from past contestants similar to her. 

- I'd have Kylee in my Top 10 honestly, but this placement is understandable. It definitely wasn't the strongest right out of the gate, which you pointed out, but the rest of the performance more than made up for that imo.

- You know, you think you're walking on eggshells ranking NOIVAS that low, but I'd probably place him lower, at #20 maybe. :giggle:I was underwhelmed when it first leaked, and no matter how many times I rewatch his performance, it just doesn't get any better for me really. It's an indisputably good performance, but personally, I just don't get much enjoyment out of it, sorry.

- Haha, yes you did! :giggle:And aww :(

- Yeah, in comparison to other versions, one of the weaker ones but still great!
- OH? Intriguing.

- LMAOOO I truly am :dead: at least you get me!

1 hour ago, allistr said:

1. Sorelle NariYella
2. Mary Kate (people keep mistaking her for Marybeth)
3. Neil Salsich???????????? (nvm i think you liked him lol)

👀

1 hour ago, erik g said:

-Not really my think but i get the appeal

-ur canceled

-i'd have her a little higher

-i understand but ur still canceled

LMFAOOO I HAVE BEEN CANCELED IT'S TRUE

1 hour ago, Cookie73 said:

20. I’d put Ross around this set as well. I may have criticized it for being the weakest 4 chair audition this season, but it’s still better than Carson and Orlando for sure, and I did give it a decent ranking for Week 1. Not elite for me, but still good.

19. Manasseh would probably be in my next set. This was a very good audition, and one of the better auditions in a weak episode, and deserved more than one chair.

18. I would have Kylee in a similar spot. Her audition was good, but it wasn’t a standout for me, and may have been my least favorite audition to get exactly three chairs this season (though the bar was pretty high this season, unlike Season 21). She hit some great notes in the end though.

17. Prepare to get backlash from a lot of people for this placement. I enjoyed NOIVAS’s audition the most in the premiere, and it finished as a #1 in a close race with a contestant that hasn’t been ranked. It may have been hyped up a lot, but it was still really good, and I personally think this placement is way too low for him. 2 of my Top 4 are out already 😢

- Yeah, definitely the weakest 4 chair turn but still deserving. And yeah better than those 2 mentioned.

- I agree that she deserved more than 1 chair. Super glad she got on though.

- RIGHTTTTT you get it

- Oh, I'm in danger for sure. But hey, it's just a personal preference. I'm sorry I got out 2 out 4 of your Top 4, hopefully the other 2 make my Top 5!

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

20-17

- I´d have Ross lower. Good voice , but 0 grit, performance felt very plain in my opinion. We´ve had stronger versions of the song on the show.

- Yeah, seems about right for Manasseh. I enjoyed the operatic influences in her voice (even if I don´t like the genre). Plus, always love a comeback story.

- The forum seems to love her, but I´d have Kylee lower. Obviously a great singer, performance just didn´t do much for me.

- Yeah, top 5 for me, I dug the rawness of NOIVAS´s blind, one of the must bareboned performances we´ve had recently.

- That's fair enough! I get where you coming from.

- We love a good comeback story :wub:

- THANK YOU!! I didn't get the hype for her YET. Maybe, I'll enjoy her a bit more in the Battles.

- OOF, I'm sorry for my ranking! :(

57 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

20. Ross in the middle seems about right to me. Personally, he felt like the weakest 4-chair.

19. I can agree with Manasseh in this range. Definitely a big improvement and a lot of good notes 

18. I do like Kylee but I feel like there were a lot of stronger (and weaker) auditions similar to her lane. 

17. Even if he didn't fully live up to the hype, I do feel like NOIVAS delivered a top 10 audition this season. Gonna have to relisten and make a list to evaluate where exactly I feel he ranks...

On that note, mind if I steal this countdown idea when you're done, @jarmon? I'm feeling inspired :haha:

- Agreeeed

- Some wonderful notes indeed

- RIGHTTTT ANOTHER PERSON WHO GETS IT

- He was good, no doubt! Just not one of my faves overall. But, got some serious pipes!

AND LOL YESSSS PLEASE! DO IT DO IT! :wub:

43 minutes ago, Carebear1999 said:

LOLOLOL @ the obvious NOIVAS hate... anyway

Awkward Kenan Thompson GIF by Saturday Night Live

36 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

I have a feeling I’m not going to have as positive of an opinion on the auditions in the next set

Oh, I totally understand...I do expect it...

36 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I hope you’re referring to me because @jarmon was really, really nice about it. I don’t think anything I said constituted as hate either but 🤷‍♂️

Neither of us were hateful towards NOIVAS, but anyway ignoring that person's comment

30 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Poor @jarmon if you still need a forum bestie I got you. :giggle:

Appreciate you! :hug:

• Like 1