Jarmon's Rankings of The Battles: 5-1 Posted!

jarmon

28-25 have been posted!

Clues for the Next Set:

1. This contestants age was highlighted in the YouTube title.

2. Turned Blake and Chance.

3. This contestants speaking voice doesn't match their singing voice.

4. This contestant got a coach to turn just 12 seconds into the performance.

@QueenCami @nytsch @erik g @Cookie73 @QueenKalie @Gustavo527 @Hsamid @allistr @FloorWax @Daillon @Misirlou

My thoughts here

-Talia would be in the 20s for me as well. I didn’t care for her audition too much, like most last auditions of the season

-Tiana might be a bit lower for me, since I found her performance quite forgettable, but not by that much.

-Allie would be Top 15 for me. I really enjoyed her song choice and was happy to see a rocker this season.

-Sheer Element is my biggest disagreement so far. I had them at #4 because I found their vocals to be some of the strongest in the auditions, especially together. I don’t hate the song like you do though, which I’m guessing made them harder for you to enjoy. 

• jarmon changed the title to Jarmon's Rankings of The Blinds: 28-25 POSTED!
Just now, jarmon said:

28-25 have been posted!

Clues for the Next Set:

@QueenCami @nytsch @erik g @Cookie73 @QueenKalie @Gustavo527 @Hsamid @allistr @FloorWax @Daillon @Misirlou

1. Mary Kate Connor (17 Years Old!) 

2. Sorelle (They did and I don’t see them lasting much longer)

3. Alex Whalen (the British accent)

4. Magnus (Chance turned at 12 second mark)

28. Agreed with this ranking, and the comments. LOVVVVEEED the beginning but she kinda lost it for me when the song went upbeat 

27. Agreed here

26. Ehhh i'm not a fan of her tone. I think I wouldve put her around 30. 

25. I wouldve had Sheer Element much higher. Probably around #10. I agree that Jej was the weakest and Izzy was the strongest. My favorite part of the whole performance is when she hits the high note on "want me like i want you tonight baaaaabbyyyyyy". Also your wrong Leave the Door Open is amazing🙄

5 minutes ago, jarmon said:

28-25 have been posted!

Clues for the Next Set:

Edited by Gustavo527

12 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

- Not sure where I’d place Talia, she was the epitome of “decent”

- I actually think Tiana would be in my 33-36 set, the audition is just so forgettable to me. When I watch it to remember what it sounds like, I just forget again immediately after.

- I wasn’t a fan of her tone but she had strong vocals, you can justify putting her anywhere honestly.

- You hate Leave the Door Open? I like Silk Sonic a lot so that’s a hard disagree for me lol. Sheer Element would be within my Top 20 based on the strength of their vocals but I don’t really feel too passionate about them either way.

- Fair enough, I'd have to agree.

- Oof, although I get where you coming from. It wasn't that memorable, I just enjoyed her tone a lot.

- Aw, fair. Seems to be the case with a rocker, either a hit or miss.

- YES! Oh my god, I can't stand it. Anything related with Bruno Mars really. And ahhh, Top 20! Well they made my Top 25 :giggle:

4 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

My thoughts here

-Talia would be in the 20s for me as well. I didn’t care for her audition too much, like most last auditions of the season

-Tiana might be a bit lower for me, since I found her performance quite forgettable, but not by that much.

-Allie would be Top 15 for me. I really enjoyed her song choice and was happy to see a rocker this season.

-Sheer Element is my biggest disagreement so far. I had them at #4 because I found their vocals to be some of the strongest in the auditions, especially together. I don’t hate the song like you do though, which I’m guessing made them harder for you to enjoy. 

- Yay! Seems like an agreement so far with Talia.

- Ooof, another trend with Tiana being forgettable.

- OOOH AN ALLIE STAN? She really rocked out! I enjoyed her.

- I KNOW I'M SORRY! It truly was the song choice that already made me dislike the performance beforehand.

3 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

1. Mary Kate Connor (17 Years Old!) 

2. Sorelle (They did and I don’t see them lasting much longer)

3. Alex Whalen (the British accent)

4. Magnus (Chance turned at 12 second mark)

Miranda Cosgrove GIF by chescaleigh

4 minutes ago, erik g said:

28. Agreed with this ranking, and the comments. LOVVVVEEED the beginning but she kinda lost it for me when the song went upbeat 

27. Agreed here

26. Ehhh i'm not a fan of her tone. I think I wouldve put her around 30. 

25. I wouldve had Sheer Element much higher. Probably around #10. I agree that Jej was the weakest and Izzy was the strongest. My favorite part of the whole performance is when she hits the high note on "want me like i want you tonight baaaaabbyyyyyy". Also your wrong Leave the Door Open is amazing🙄

- Righttttt 

- twinning again

- ooof Allie is a hit or miss it seems like! All depends on whether you like her tone or not.

- BESTIE NO! "Leave the Door Open"? MORE LIKE LEAVE IT CLOSED! 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, jarmon said:

28-25 have been posted!

Clues for the Next Set:

- The only contestants with their ages in the TITLE of their videos are Ryley and Mariah. I’ll guess Mariah.

- EJ Michels

- Gina Miles 

- I suspected Magnus would be in this set and what do you know, I just watched the video and Chance turned 12 seconds in.

Edited by FloorWax

Just now, FloorWax said:

- The only contestants with their ages in the TITLE of their videos are Ryley and Mariah. I’ll guess Mariah.

- The only one I see is Grace West 👀

- Gina Miles

- I suspected Magnus would be in this set and what do you know, I just watched the video and Chance turned 12 seconds in.

200.gif

I think Cookie is right about Alex, that makes more sense than Gina.

I’m so dumb I mixed up Niall and Chance on Wikipedia which is why I answered Grace first. I’ll change my answer to EJ Michels

Edited by FloorWax

1 minute ago, FloorWax said:

I’m so dumb I mixed up Niall and Chance on Wikipedia which is why I answered Grace first. I’ll change my answer to EJ Michels

We shall find out either later tonight or tomorrow whether you or Cookie were right :giggle:

1 minute ago, QueenKalie said:

I haven't paid much attention to this season so far but I'm interested to see where Grace, Holly and Mary Kate land on your list.

Stick around to find out! 👀

• Like 1

28-25

- Talia was decent, I´d place her a bit lower simply because I´m not really big on her.

- Same with Tiana, albeit I liked Talia better.

- I´d have Allie higher, in the 15-20 block. I really liked her energy and power. Plus Grace and the Nocturnals.

- I´d also have Sheer Element in the 15-20 block I think. Really good audition.

I can hardly remember all of these Blind Auditions (and don't really get invested in the contestants yet). But I want to say you're doing a great job!

I think I liked these people:
34. Jerome Godwin III
28. Talia Smith
27. Tiana Goss
26. Allie Keck (Slayy @ the Amanda Brown shout out)
25. Sheer Element 

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

28-25

- Talia was decent, I´d place her a bit lower simply because I´m not really big on her.

- Same with Tiana, albeit I liked Talia better.

- I´d have Allie higher, in the 15-20 block. I really liked her energy and power. Plus Grace and the Nocturnals.

- I´d also have Sheer Element in the 15-20 block I think. Really good audition.

- Oooh I can see how Talia & Tiana are interchangeable. 

- Allie had great energy indeed. And yes we have to stan Grace and the Nocturnals.

- Well...

1 hour ago, *Wallace said:

I can hardly remember all of these Blind Auditions (and don't really get invested in the contestants yet). But I want to say you're doing a great job!

I think I liked these people:
34. Jerome Godwin III
28. Talia Smith
27. Tiana Goss
26. Allie Keck (Slayy @ the Amanda Brown shout out)
25. Sheer Element 

Awww, thank you Wally! ❤️ 

32-29 looks fine. Maybe I’d have Marcos and Jamar a little higher, but not that much of a difference.

I don’t mind LTDO as a song but I don’t think it’s really suited for singing competitions, and yeah didn’t care for SE’s audition overall. Some good moments but I don’t think it was that cohensive and I didn’t like some of the solo parts.

29 minutes ago, nytsch said:

32-29 looks fine. Maybe I’d have Marcos and Jamar a little higher, but not that much of a difference.

I don’t mind LTDO as a song but I don’t think it’s really suited for singing competitions, and yeah didn’t care for SE’s audition overall. Some good moments but I don’t think it was that cohensive and I didn’t like some of the solo parts.

Ah, yay! 

Yeah, I mean I guess it is a fine song but yeah definitely not suited for singing competitions. Agree with everything else you said here.

9 hours ago, jarmon said:

32. D. Smooth

D.-Smooth-The-Voice.jpg

Team: Kelly

Chair Turn(s): 2

Song: "Perfect"

Reasoning: D. Smooth has a lot of potential, no doubt. I just wish he chose a different song choice for his blind audition. His voice is actually very smooth, lmao like his stage name. I just felt it was a very clean vocal but it needed that special spark to really push it over the edge. Just needed something to stand out more and be more memorable. But, listening to his runs give me a lot of hope that he will amaze me in the Battles. 

Clue: If only this contestants audition was "insert song title name"

He sang "Perfect" and his audition wasn't perfect to me.

31. Marcos Covos

7442dd90-c2e2-11ed-9bed-49d28dd7c3ba_1200_630.png

Team: Kelly

Song: "Tú, Solo Tú"

Reasoning:That opening was sooo beautiful, it got me invested instantly. But then, afterwards I started to lose a little interest. It also could be due to him singing in Spanish and me not being able to connect to the lyrics of the song. But, I gotta say that he emotes extremely well! And I was able to connect to that. 

Clue: There's been a lot of jokes regarding the similarity between this contestant's name and a KO eliminee from a previous season. Oh, if i could turn back time.

I think @QueenCami is the one who made this joke lmao, but yeah let's hope Marcos Covos doesn't suffer the same fate as Marisa Corvo!

30. Jamar Langley

Jamar-Langley-The-Voice.jpg

Team: Chance

Song: "Try Me"

Reasoning: Jamar's voice is so soulful and so old-school that I really loved it so much. He has such a great voice and honestly may be one of the more underappreciated blind auditions. He has such a fun personality and he knows how to perform and I was loving his performance. Unfortunately, I ranked him at 30 because it's just not a performance I will come back too often. But, that's because of my own personal preference of performances that I re-listen.

Clue: You don't want to try this person.

He sang the song "Try Me"

29. Michael B.

64073a242a3d6.image.jpg?resize=375,500

Team: Niall

Chair Turn(s): 1 

Song: "Save Your Tears"

Reasoning: Oh, Michael. He's got a very interesting tone that I actually do like. I just wish he'd open up a bit more, I felt at some parts he was holding back a bit. He has potential. I liked the run at "your", it was like "WOAH, OKAY MICHAEL!". I think with a better song choice he is truly going to shine, that said I was actually really glad he sang this song since we didn't get to hear Tommy Edwards vs. LiBianca full battle. Michael seems very well-trained and knows how to make tasteful runs and when is the right time to do so. He has fantastic control as well. Looking forward to his Battle.

Clue: Sang a song for their audition that was previously montaged in the battles in a prior season. Surprised that song was montaged considering there's a version of that song that featured the new coach that season.

LiBianca & Tommy Edwards sang this song for their Battle in Season 21 where Ariana Granda was a coach and she featured on a version with The Weekend.

THE SHADE IN YOUR CLUE THING FOR D SMOOTH 😭😭😭 also Michael B would be 11 spots lower for me 😇😇😇

9 hours ago, jarmon said:

Clues for the next set:

1. Last artist to fill a team.

2. 1? 2? 3!

3. Say It Right.

4. Amanda Brown slayed this song.

Trying to make the clues a little more ambiguous. 

@QueenCami @nytsch @erik g @Cookie73 @QueenKalie @Gustavo527 @Hsamid @allistr @FloorWax @Daillon

1. Talia — of all the contestants who filled a team, she was aired last

2. Sorelle — they started off with one person singing, then two, then three.

3. Tiana Goss — she performed this song last season (I thought this might be a trick and actually be Manasseh because her name is said differently than spelled, but I don’t think you’d rate her this low)

4. Allie Keck — despicable that she’s this low but whatever i guess you’re allowed to have an opinion 🙄 /joking /lighthearted

4 hours ago, FloorWax said:

It depends. I feel like the line between "timeless" and "dated" is very subjective, and the soulful RnB singers on this show very often fall in the latter category imo. However, Jamar's entire performance just worked for me. I thought all of his vocal choices were tasteful and kept the performance interesting. The whole thing was also very wholesome to watch, he was having the time of his life up there. 

didn’t love Jamar at first but i relisten and i feel like it’s such a joyful performance i love it now! :DD

3 hours ago, jarmon said:

28-25 have been posted!

Clues for the Next Set:

1. Mariah — only other option is Ryley who will be later

2. Sorelle — other options are Alex and EJ and my guess is that the clue was phrased this way to avoid having to reveal that this contestant is actually multiple contestants 

3. Gina — WHAT! no way she’s this early 😭

4. i will do a deep dive on this but not rn 

8 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

THE SHADE IN YOUR CLUE THING FOR D SMOOTH 😭😭😭 also Michael B would be 11 spots lower for me 😇😇😇

1. Talia — of all the contestants who filled a team, she was aired last

2. Sorelle — they started off with one person singing, then two, then three.

3. Tiana Goss — she performed this song last season (I thought this might be a trick and actually be Manasseh because her name is said differently than spelled, but I don’t think you’d rate her this low)

4. Allie Keck — despicable that she’s this low but whatever i guess you’re allowed to have an opinion 🙄 /joking /lighthearted

i’m sorry but my answer to clue #2 is correct. @jarmon please edit your rankings accordingly

• Haha 1

24. Alex Whalen

the-voice-2301-alex-whalen.jpg

Team: Blake

Song: "Help Me Make It Through the Night"

Reasoning: Alex has a very country voice, lol. Like, it's one that I do adore. It was very soothing and he delivered a very pleasing audition. From here onwards, I really just love all these auditions. Alex has something special and I was shook when he started speaking because I'm like that speaking don't match that singing voice, sir! He had me very impressed. He chose a song that suited his voice well and he soared with it. Surprised he only turned 2 chairs to be honest. 

Clue: This contestants speaking voice doesn't match their singing voice.

Alex is British and when he sings, he doesn't sing with a British accent.

23. Magnus

G34RFA65WJDMBF5EQS4N3YMFB4.jpg

Song: "Sara Smile"

Reasoning: Magnus chose a song that I do love. I was introduced to this song through Al Calderon on The X Factor USA. It was fantastic. And Magnus' rendition was just as fantastic. I loved Magnus' soulfulness and how he sang this with such ease and sooo smooth. His runs gave me chills and I just loved every bit of it. He deserved more than 1 chair turn!! 

Clue: This contestant got a coach to turn just 12 seconds into the performance.

Chance hit his button around the 12 second mark.

22. Mariah Kalia

the-voice-2305-mariah-kalia.jpg

Song: "idontwannabeyouanymore"

Reasoning: Controversial, maybe. I wanted to like Mariah more than I actually did. She's a very talented vocalist with a very unique and soothing voice. It's just that this has to be one of the weaker renditions of this song, that said, not bad by any means. It's just that her voice dabbled a bit into the "cursive singing" at some parts. But, I do love her energy and natural swag when she sings. It was an effortless vocal and she has loads of potential for sure. 

Clue: This contestants age was highlighted in the YouTube title.

Mariah's age was included in the title of her performance stating she's a 17-year-old.

21. EJ Michels

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJzdWJtaXRodWIiLCJrZXkiOiJp

Song: "Easy on Me"

Reasoning: EJ's story really spoke to me so I already knew I was going to like him just based off his back story alone. Then he delivered such a soothing vocal. It's so refreshing hearing a man sing this song and that too, so delicately! He delivered a beautiful vocal and I really love his tone. Singing Adele ain't no joke, and he rose up to the occasion. He's also such a cutie and is very easy on the eyes. Defs my eye candy for the season.

Clue: Turned Blake and Chance.

EJ turned both Blake & Chance.

• jarmon changed the title to Jarmon's Rankings of The Blinds: 24-21 POSTED!
3 hours ago, FloorWax said:

i was about to message i agree, don’t think Gina would be that early but that would be fraudulent now bc i just saw that jarmon posted that Alex is indeed the person LOL

2 minutes ago, jarmon said:

24. Alex Whalen

the-voice-2301-alex-whalen.jpg

Song: "Help Me Make It Through the Night"

Reasoning: Alex has a very country voice, lol. Like, it's one that I do adore. It was very soothing and he delivered a very pleasing audition. From here onwards, I really just love all these auditions. Alex has something special and I was shook when he started speaking because I'm like that speaking don't match that singing voice, sir! He had me very impressed. He chose a song that suited his voice well and he soared with it. Surprised he only turned 2 chairs to be honest. 

Clue: This contestants speaking voice doesn't match their singing voice.

Alex is British and when he sings, he doesn't sing with a British accent.

23. Magnus

G34RFA65WJDMBF5EQS4N3YMFB4.jpg

Song: "Sara Smile"

Reasoning: Magnus chose a song that I do love. I was introduced to this song through Al Calderon on The X Factor USA. It was fantastic. And Magnus' rendition was just as fantastic. I loved Magnus' soulfulness and how he sang this with such ease and sooo smooth. His runs gave me chills and I just loved every bit of it. He deserved more than 1 chair turn!! 

Clue: This contestant got a coach to turn just 12 seconds into the performance.

Chance hit his button around the 12 second mark.

22. Mariah Kalia

the-voice-2305-mariah-kalia.jpg

Song: "idontwannabeyouanymore"

Reasoning: Controversial, maybe. I wanted to like Mariah more than I actually did. She's a very talented vocalist with a very unique and soothing voice. It's just that this has to be one of the weaker renditions of this song, that said, not bad by any means. It's just that her voice dabbled a bit into the "cursive singing" at some parts. But, I do love her energy and natural swag when she sings. It was an effortless vocal and she has loads of potential for sure. 

Clue: This contestants age was highlighted in the YouTube title.

Mariah's age was included in the title of her performance stating she's a 17-year-old.

21. EJ Michels

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJzdWJtaXRodWIiLCJrZXkiOiJp

Song: "Easy on Me"

Reasoning: EJ's story really spoke to me so I already knew I was going to like him just based off his back story alone. Then he delivered such a soothing vocal. It's so refreshing hearing a man sing this song and that too, so delicately! He delivered a beautiful vocal and I really love his tone. Singing Adele ain't no joke, and he rose up to the occasion. He's also such a cutie and is very easy on the eyes. Defs my eye candy for the season.

Clue: Turned Blake and Chance.

EJ turned both Blake & Chance.

i think Magnus is top 10 for me and Alex might be a bit higher but respect for placing them as high as you did!

EJ would be lower, the ea-aaa-aaa-🐸🐸🐸-sy on me haunts me

Mariah probably would also be lower, cursive doesn’t work for me.

idea for the hints: perhaps you could try to make them unambiguous in the sense that only one or maybe two contestants can be right but it’s harder to figure out and/or cryptic (perhaps the clue can be read in diff ways or it’s more abstract). idk how much you care LMAO but i live for the clues and trying to be a detective