Do any of your family members know about the voice or even watch it?

Jordan Smith Fan

I semi-forced my mom to watch the season for once. She's not a big fan but she suffered through it.

Key Takeaways:

-She loved Jeremy Rosado and Jim & Sasha. Swore either would be the winners

-She had this weird deep dislike of Raquel Trinidad and Ryleigh Plank.

-Thought Peedy was awful

-Did not like Hailey Mia or Holly Forbes much.

-Liked GNT and Jershika (my two faves) overall

-Upon viewing the finale performances (no one watched the finale), she swore Paris or Wendy would win. She wasn't a huge Wendy fan beforehand.

-Doesn't like Ariana. LOVES John and Kelly. Ok with Blake, thinks he's funny.

None of my family members watch the show regularly but they know some of the contestants.

My oldest sister knows about Danielle Bradbery, Christina Grimmie, Jordan Smith, Brynn Cartelli, Girl Named Tom. Her favorite performances are "Mean", "Wrecking Ball", "Chandelier", "Here Comes Goodbye", and "Witchita Lineman". Her Favorite coach is/was Adam.

My other sister also knows about a few contestants too. Christina, Jordan, Brynn, Chevel, and GNT. Her favorite performance is probably "Travelin' Soldier". She don't know how this show works but still she swore after Chevel's Ko that this girl is gonna win. I laughed and said no chance in hell Kirk is gonna win but LOL she ended up being right. :haha:

She really love Jordan as well. She even listens to his song "Only Love" that I introduced to her. Her favorite coach is Kelly with Gwen being a close second.

The first season my younger brother watched(he watched it weekly on You-Tube) was s15. His favorites are Chris Kroeze, Julian King, Gyth, and Dexter. "All time Low", "Drift Away", "Like A Cowboy", and "Can't You See" were his favorite performances of the season. He also knows about Jordan(He basically knows him because of me), Chevel, Maelyn, Ricky, Jake, Todd, John Holiday, Carter, Cam, and GNT. His favorite coach is Blake.

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Haha 2

I remember in S16 my dad saw Gyth’s performance of God Bless The USA and thought it was HILARIOUS, I don’t blame him

My mom has watched since like Season 3 but has no memory of previous seasons. When Carter Rubin performed last week she was like “who the heck is that???”

Edited by Mistake006

my moms thoughts on this season

- I think her favorite was Jershika, based on her facial expressions during her performances

- I’m assuming she didn’t like Jim and Sasha because she visibly cringed every time they performed

- She always fast forwarded through Peedy’s performances

- Went from hating GNT to loving them to hating them again

- Was upset when Hailey Green and Vaughn were eliminated

- Was very happy about Carson’s elimination

- She likes David’s hair

I talked my mom into watching the last few seasons with me - the main takeaways:

• She knew Carter was winning S19 pretty much from the word “go” and also liked Ben and Jim from that season.
  • The contestant I thought she’d be all over in S20 ended up being a complete flop on my part (but she and I both enjoyed the hell out of Dana so I’ll take it)
  • Paris was her favorite this past season, but she did like GNT and Jershika as well (enough to at least kind of remember them without major prompting every time they were on screen)

I’ve also shown her a few performances from S17 since I thought Hoot would be right up her alley (and I was right with that one) - if she’d watched it live, Hoot and Rose would’ve likely been her two favorites the whole season.

Edited by VintageVoice

my mom watches the show with me. she usually likes country and rock, but she’ll support my favs too (because she knows i’ll get mad at her if she doesn’t!!!). she wanted Paris to win, and she’s not a fan of Kelly or Gwen but does like Ariana and Jennifer… her opinions are kind of a mixed bag😂

my dad usually falls asleep during the show, but he’s oddly good at noticing who the front runners are💀 he wanted Paris to win too.

i force my siblings to at least know who my favorites are, though they don’t really follow the show. usually i just send out orders on who to vote for and they obey!!!

my cousin watches the show and said he was rooting for GNT and Jim and Sasha during our Thanksgiving dinner… i had to excuse myself from the table!

• Haha 4

I watched the show a lot with my mom a couple years ago but she stopped watching in S15 when I left for college. She got me into the show as she was a big fan during S4 (her favorite was Judith Hill, I remember her being very disappointed when she lost). She strongly disliked Sasha Allan for some reason I can't remember and thought Michelle Chamuel looked too tough and serious (but eventually warmed up to her after seeing her without glasses? lol)

She only watched a few episodes of this season (T10 and finale week). Texted me "Horrible!" when Holly Forbes was performing Last Dance.

During finale week, she wanted Hailey to win simply due to her being 14, was not happy when GNT won, and said Wendy was "flat" after OTR (lmao).  she also saw one performance of Carter Rubin and no joke, the first thing she said to me was "i don't think this kid realizes that he's a trans girl yet", quite the character :dead:

No one else in my family follows it in any way, but my dad and brothers know I watch it. That's about it.

Edited by MatthewPalermo
  • Haha 1

I watch the show with my whole family and close friends and their families watch it too and everyone likes to vote. We all gave Wendy like 9999999999999999 billion votes on every single emails. We did the same for all of our favorites. I live in a big family with a lot of siblings and have a lot of cousins yeah. We tend to watch it on tv, then I will post comments basing it off from tv and not from youtube about how well they sang and then vote as soon as possible staying up all night until voting ends. My grandparents are Team Minivan and they wanted Wendy and Girl Named Tom to end up with a tie in votes. They loved both of them equally and loved Hailey, Jershika, and Paris too. They all loved Joshua too and my dad predicted that Joshua would end up winning. He even predicted Maelyn, Cam, Chris Blue, Lauren Duski to win it all as well. My grandparents loved Kyla, Dana, and so many powerhouses and loves country too but prefers big vocals. My parents loved Holly but hated her top 10 performance but loved her instant save performance while my grandparents loved her Last Dance performance and thought she was having fun.

11 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

Paris was her favorite this past season,

11 hours ago, B-B said:

Loved Paris and Wendy

wanted Paris to win

16 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Upon viewing the finale performances (no one watched the finale), she swore Paris or Wendy would win.

42 minutes ago, KimberlyxKyla said:

she wanted Paris to win, 

12 minutes ago, Discovolcano said:

Brother: loved Paris 

Paris really ended up being more appealing to the average viewer that what meets the eye. He didn´t get a lot of social media traction apart from FB, but in the end he had people, hence his placement. They just probably don´t bother to comment on SM or simply stick to the TV airing.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

My sister and mom mainly watches it with me. Here were their thoughts for the most part.

Mom: Loved Jerishka the best, Wendy wasn't on her mind until her Top 10. Would have loved either one of them to win, Paris and Hailey she liked as well. Didn't like GNT at all, thought they were too plain and boring. 

Side note: She hated when Jeremy and Joshua did some Celine, thought they were awful and hated their takes on it.(See where I get this from?) Although she went off on them, while I just rolled my eyes(you don't want to know what she said) 💀

Overall she didn't hate anybody, Disliked Jim/Sasha the most of the Top 20 cast. 

Sister: Loved Wendy, Jershika, Holly the most. Would have loved them to win. She started paying attention to Hailey when she sang "Jar Of Hearts" Wouldn't have minded a win from her either afterwards. Also didn't like GNT. She definitely despised them when they sang "The Chain" Oh god she was hilarious when she went off on them :haha:(The words she said, oh my I was LMAO tbh)

Side note: She really hated when Kelly would bring up Hailey's age every 5 seconds, but it just became a meme by the Top 10 round lol.

Overall, disliked GNT the most of the Top 20 cast. She also hated when David would flip his hair every 10 seconds, so she lowkey held a grudge against him lmao. Told him when he got the boot to: "Go to a barber across the street, now that you are off the show." :rofl:

12 hours ago, B-B said:

I watched with my mom and dad this season

my mom:

• Loved Paris and Wendy
  • Hated GNT 
  • Hated Blake
  • Wanted Wendy to win

My dad

• loved Holly and David
  • Hated Jim and Sasha
  • wanted Paris to win

Forgot to add my mom hated Ryleigh with a passion

exposing my younger brother - his favorite contestants:

• Levi (s18)
  • Tate (s18), but i think he enjoyed the dog more
  • Carter (s19)

my cousin loves TVUS and i'm not sure about too much, but some of her faves:

• her all-time favorite is Allegra (s18)
  • Kelsie (s19)
  • Anna Grace (s20)
  • Ryleigh (s20)
  • Gihanna (s20)
  • Hailey (s21)
Edited by Angeles

My sister watched this season lol

-Loved Wendy, Paris, Jershika, Holly, and The Cunningham Sisters 

-Wanted Paris to win

-She didnt really care much for GNT because she thought "Trios were a waste of time because they never even get far" LOL

-In Season 20 she loved Kenzie (lol), Ethan (lol), Gihanna, Rachel, Zae (mostly because he sang Harry Styles lol), Corey , Ryleigh, and Cam

-Was OBSESSED with the "pov" Battle. 

-She hated Jordan, and it didn't help that he got into the Finale over Gihanna LOL

-She wanted Gihanna to win, but was ultimately very happy with Cam (her 2nd choice)

-In Season 19 she loved Tamara, Desz, John, Carter, Ian, Payge, and Larriah

-She almost stopped watching when Gwen chose Ben over Payge lol

-She hated Jim, and although she didn't care much for her, she thought Cami deserved (as she should); although she did admit to lowkey enjoying is Finale Cover. 

-Favorite performance of the season was Rainbow Connection

-She never payed attention to Sid until the Season ended

-She was ultimately happy with Carter winning  

She also loved auditions of Sarah Grace, Chevel, SandyRedd, and Jej. Also loved CammWess's KO. She called Hello Sunday her daughters 💀. And she says (and i quote) "Kymberli Joye is my Queen, and Auntie."

Edited by erik g

My mom and I watched together on and off. This season she was hooked in because of Wendy, she LOOOOOOVES her. She was impressed with a lot of contestants as well, especially Paris, Jershika, Girl Named Tom and of course, Joshua. She was so sure they and Wendy would be the Final 5. Whoops. 

She enjoyed the finale a lot, and called GNT and Wendy being Top 2. She was shookt when Wendy got second place. She was also genuinely bummed there wasn't gonna be a new season in 9 months.

Thoughts on the coaches: she has a crush on Blake, loves John's fashion sense, thought Kelly was very loud, and that Ariana should wear clothes that actually fit her. 

Have watched regularly with my mother since the pandemic started, so seasons 18-21. Sometimes together, oftentimes from our respective homes, and calling each other afterwards to recap. She enjoys the music and doesn't like how contestants are trotted out 3-4 times per live show to figure out who is "safe"... I think it makes her secondhand anxious.

Her favorites: 
18: Toneisha

19: Carter

20: Cam, Dana Monique

21: GNT, Wendy, Jershika, Paris all were her favorites... she couldn't decide. 

3 hours ago, erik g said:

My sister watched this season lol

-Loved Wendy, Paris, Jershika, Holly, and The Cunningham Sisters 

-Wanted Paris to win

-She didnt really care much for GNT because she thought "Trios were a waste of time because they never even get far" LOL

-In Season 20 she loved Kenzie (lol), Ethan (lol), Gihanna, Rachel, Zae (mostly because he sang Harry Styles lol), Corey , Ryleigh, and Cam

-Was OBSESSED with the "pov" Battle. 

-She hated Jordan, and it didn't help that he got into the Finale over Gihanna LOL

-She wanted Gihanna to win, but was ultimately very happy with Cam (her 2nd choice)

-In Season 19 she loved Tamara, Desz, John, Carter, Ian, Payge, and Larriah

-She almost stopped watching when Gwen chose Ben over Payge lol

-She hated Jim, and although she didn't care much for her, she thought Cami deserved (as she should); although she did admit to lowkey enjoying is Finale Cover. 

-Favorite performance of the season was Rainbow Connection

-She never payed attention to Sid until the Season ended

-She was ultimately happy with Carter winning  

She also loved auditions of Sarah Grace, Chevel, SandyRedd, and Jej. Also loved CammWess's KO. She called Hello Sunday her daughters 💀. And she says (and i quote) "Kymberli Joye is my Queen, and Auntie."

Also, her favorite The Voice performance is Kyla's Knockout.