VoiceFan!

Pick the most controversial decision Ariana has made this season  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the most controversial decision Ariana has made this season

• Choosing Katie over Bella in the battles
    • Choosing Katherine over Vaughn in the battles
    • Choosing Raquel over Katie in the knockouts
    • Choosing Ryleigh over David in the knockouts
    • Saving Ryleigh over Bella/Raquel, even when Raquel was WAYYY better that night
    • Crying literally everytime a member of her team is at risk of elimination in order to gain votes
    • Bad song choices for her team so far in general
    • Letting Hailey Mia go, who is definitely a contender for the finale…

Voting for the Ryleigh choice only because I really believe Kelly is the better coach for Hailey Mia and wouldn't have gone far with Ariana. Ariana clearly had her favorites already in mind by Battles. On its own merit, it wasn't a controversial decision. She couldn't have known.

But Bella and Racquel were right there.

• Like 1

Raquel definitely beat Hailey in that battle, so even though it wasn't the wise decision in the long run, I don't think it should be controversial at all.

Ryleigh over Bella and Raquel though? Definitely voting that one. I don't think Raquel or Bella would've lasted too much longer - either of them would've likely been on the chopping block for tonight - but Ryleigh over the other 2 (esp. Raquel based solely on that night) was a bad call.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Raquel definitely beat Hailey in that battle, so even though it wasn't the wise decision in the long run, I don't think it should be controversial at all.

Ryleigh over Bella and Raquel though? Definitely voting that one. I don't think Raquel or Bella would've lasted too much longer - either of them would've likely been on the chopping block for tonight - but Ryleigh over the other 2 (esp. Raquel based solely on that night) was a bad call.

I think the poll meant Ariana treating Hailey Mia like fodder rather than picking Raquel over her, hence not mentioning the latter's name.

2 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I think the poll meant Ariana treating Hailey Mia like fodder rather than picking Raquel over her, hence not mentioning the latter's name.

Hmm. That makes a bit more sense. I mean I believe that her blind and battle performance screamed KO fodder at best, but she's definitely been on an upward trajectory since then. I feel like she would've had a similar treatment/battle pairing by any coach she picked - fodder/potential steal at best.

1 hour ago, Someone648 said:

Hmm. That makes a bit more sense. I mean I believe that her blind and battle performance screamed KO fodder at best, but she's definitely been on an upward trajectory since then. I feel like she would've had a similar treatment/battle pairing by any coach she picked - fodder/potential steal at best.

No, I think Kelly saw her potential from the get-go. Her pitch showed that, then she saved her steal for her and stole her even though her performance in the battes was just okay. She gave her a pretty easy road to the lives as she could've paired her with one of her frontrunners as she usually does with her battle steals. 

I’m now convinced Hailey wouldn’t have done as well on Ariana’s team, because she wouldn’t have known what to do with her. She didn’t even know what to do with her 20-something pop singers. Did she even ask them for feedback on the song choices? 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I’m now convinced Hailey wouldn’t have done as well on Ariana’s team, because she wouldn’t have known what to do with her. She didn’t even know what to do with her 20-something pop singers. Did she even ask them for feedback on the song choices? 

I'm not sure on this but I remember her saying in the playoffs (Not sure if she was talking to Ryleigh or Raquel) She said one of them called her and said they wanted to do a certain song to show a new side of them and she said she supported them and believed theey could do it because she thought everyone in her team was already great enough to tackle anything. 

1 minute ago, ThrowawayCrayon said:

I'm not sure on this but I remember her saying in the playoffs (Not sure if she was talking to Ryleigh or Raquel) She said one of them called her and said they wanted to do a certain song to show a new side of them and she said she supported them and believed theey could do it because she thought everyone in her team was already great enough to tackle anything. 

Interesting. Contestants underestimate how difficult this is all the time, so I guess that doesn’t surprise me. One thing they have to contend with is the shitty sound. I guarantee every one of them sounds 10X better in person. Especially the females. 

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Someone648 said:

This.  Raquel won her Battle fair and square, and Ariana had no way of knowing how popular Hailey would be with the audience.

But holding onto her odd, pathetic, almost creepy obsession with Ryleigh when Raquel (who crushed her Playoff performance) and Bella (who bombed hers, but was still very popular with the audience and her base, in particular) were right there?  That was absolutely her dumbest decision this season, and it's cost her big-time.  And the sad thing is, I don't think she even realizes it.  She took her team from at least the third-strongest team to the weakest one with that choice.

Edited by Rodney

4 minutes ago, Rodney said:

This.  Raquel won her Battle fair and square, and Ariana had no way of knowing how popular Hailey would be with the audience.

But holding onto her odd, pathetic, almost creepy obsession with Ryleigh when Raquel (who crushed her Playoff performance) and Bella (who bombed hers, but was still very popular with the audience and her base, in particular) were right there?  That was absolutely her dumbest decision this season, and it's cost her big-time.  And the sad thing is, I don't think she even realizes it.  She took her team from at least the third-strongest team to the weakest one with that choice.

Neither Raquel nor Bella could get a PV over J&S. I’m not sure how either of them would have strengthened her team. 

5 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Neither Raquel nor Bella could get a PV over J&S. I’m not sure how either of them would have strengthened her team. 

Ariana's base would've stayed more active and voted for either one of them in a way that they wouldn't have done for Jim & Sasha.

Duh.

7 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Ariana's base would've stayed more active and voted for either one of them in a way that they wouldn't have done for Jim & Sasha.

Duh.

Weird logic, considering Ari’s base couldn’t put Bella over the top in the playoffs, or in the instant save. And there’s no reason to believe she would have been able to step up her performance  game. She might have lasted one more week than Ryleigh. Ari’s base has been non-factor. They’re really good at liking tweets, though. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Haha 3

The most "controversial" was her saving Ryleigh over Raquel, because people around SM are still mad about it, even though Raquel wasnt in the original "holy trinity", but she carried that team in POs. She would have probably gone home next week, just like Ryleigh did, but it would have been nice to see her rewarded that night at least for a job well done.

Strategically speaking though, her biggest mistake was giving up Hailey. Not picking Raq over her, because the former did win the battle for a lot of people (including myself), but seeing her as fodder and not giving her a fair chance. That was the mistake.

Saving Ryleigh over Raquel. The latter is singlehandedly one of if not the most consistent member that was a part of her team this season. Holly has never been bad, but has frankly just been middling. 

Losing Hailey was not a strategic failure from Ariana. For one, Hailey just would have done better on Team Kelly. But that entire battle was set up for Raquel to win anyway. What the hell was Hailey supposed to do singing Car Wash? I guess TPTB didn't believe in Hailey that much during battles?

I actually think that picking Ryleigh over David was her most controversial decision this season. Ryleigh’s knockout was pretty messy, whereas David’s knockout was superb in the sense that I love to listen to it, and I think people in general preferred it (maybe I am wrong).

Picking Ryleigh over Raquel was definitely a wtf decision, but I did not choose that one since the poll says picking Ryleigh over Raquel AND Bella. While I liked Bella’s run a bit better, neither did great in the POs.

Picking Raquel over Hailey was not super controversial as they were pretty even in the battle, but not picking Hailey definitely came back to bite her. Hailey had a lot of potential and should not have been treated as fodder.