6. Lana Scott

7. Gymani

8. Wendy Moten

9. Holly Forbes

10. Jim and Sasha

11. Ryleigh Plank

12. Hailey Mia

13. Shadale

Move Hailey to 10 or 11 and I agree with this.

A solid night and only one bus (and said bus still did her best with it), so I’ll take it.

Top 3 is pretty even for me so I ended up ranking them based on songs.

1. Jershika

2. Girl Named Tom 

3. Wendy 

4. Shadale

5. Gymani 

6. Jeremy

7. Holly

8. Paris

9. Lana

10. Hailey

11. Ryleigh

12. Joshua

13. Jim & Sasha

Edited by season1

1. Jershika

2. GNT

3. Lana

4. Paris

5. Wendy

6. Holly

7. Jim and Sasha

8. Shadale

9. Jeremy

10. Joshua

11. Ryleigh

12. Hailey

13. Gymani

I don't think anyone had overbearing issues tonight (except for Gymani, and Hailey's voice has clear limits), it's more of a scale of who had more good going for them.

Edited by Rat!

The highlights of the episode.
1. GNT - Dust in the Wind - AMAZING. Their best since the auditon.
2. Holly Forbes - The Dance - This is Kelly Clarkson's arrangement.  She almost nailed it but the second half was  a little underwhelming.

All of them were just there.
3. Joshua Vacanti - You Will Be Found
4. Ryleigh Plank - Rhiannon
5. Gymani - Made a Way - She has been pretty solid, even though the second powerful part were more memrable. 
6. Paris Winningham - What's Going On - Vocally good.

7. Jeremy Rosado - Because You Loved Me - Overall steady.

8. Wendy Moten - Blue Bayou - The tone, the falsetto, the chest voice in higher register, she's no Alisan.Jershika Maple - God Only Knows

9. Jershika Maple - God Only Knows - Never ever heard of the song. She sounded pitchy especially when going high.

10. Jim and Sasha - Your Song  - Sleepy as duck.

11. Hailey Mia - I'll Stand by You - The version of the song is way beyond this girl's vocal limits. She sounded clearly strained  at hitting those big notes. 

12. Lana Scott - Humble and Kind - GO HOME RIGHT NOW.

13. Shadale - Life is a Highway - BYE girl.

• Confused 4

13 minutes ago, iloveadam said:
The highlights of the episode.
1. GNT - Dust in the Wind - AMAZING. Their best since the auditon.
2. Holly Forbes - The Dance - This is Kelly Clarkson's arrangement.  She almost nailed it but the second half was  a little underwhelming.

All of them were just there.
3. Joshua Vacanti - You Will Be Found
4. Ryleigh Plank - Rhiannon
5. Gymani - Made a Way - She has been pretty solid, even though the second powerful part were more memrable. 
6. Paris Winningham - What's Going On - Vocally good.

7. Jeremy Rosado - Because You Loved Me - Overall steady.

8. Wendy Moten - Blue Bayou - The tone, the falsetto, the chest voice in higher register, she's no Alisan.Jershika Maple - God Only Knows

9. Jershika Maple - God Only Knows - Never ever heard of the song. She sounded pitchy especially when going high.

10. Jim and Sasha - Your Song  - Sleepy as duck.

11. Hailey Mia - I'll Stand by You - The version of the song is way beyond this girl's vocal limits. She sounded clearly strained  at hitting those big notes. 

12. Lana Scott - Humble and Kind - GO HOME RIGHT NOW.

13. Shadale - Life is a Highway - BYE girl.

It should actually be illegal to rank Ryleigh above Jershika and Lana :wacko:

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, ikwonic said:

It should actually be illegal to rank Ryleigh above Jershika and Lana :wacko:

I'm note sure about Jershika because I never heard the song before and I don't dig the song as well.

But Lana is undeniably awful.  Whatsoever. You guys can pretend that she's good, that's your rights to say it even it's not true. 

• Confused 1

My chaos take of the night is ranking Shadale smack dab in the middle because it was fun and chaotic:haha:

An overall bland night, no trainwrecks but some people just didn't move the needle at all with their performances. Song choice was a consistent problem throughout most of the night. I think the only exceptions are Jershika, GNT, and Lana.

1. Jershika Maple (9.5) - Performance of the night! She just keeps getting better and better and I genuinely hope that people stop underestimating her. She is ABSOLUTELY finale material and I'm glad people are finally starting to take notice.

2. Girl Named Tom (9) - Only reason this isn’t higher is because some of those harmonies didn’t sound super fantastic in the middle to me, but as a whole - WOW. Bekah did fantastic as always and Caleb & Joshua nailed the backing vocals!

3. Wendy Moten (8.5) - She did a solid job with this! Obviously there’s the Alisan comparisons to make but this was a well done job.

4. Lana Scott (8.5) - I’m so happy that she did well tonight! I had doubts about her but thankfully she delivered. A potential moment, honestly.

5. Joshua Vacanti (8) - Was the chicken scratch in the back supposed to be lyrics because if not, that was not legible AT ALL lol. Joshua did deliver tonight though! After a bit of a rough start, he found his footing!

6. Gymani (8) - Vocally, this was good. Bandzilla was a factor here for it not being ranked higher. It didn’t do anything to propel her further up the ranks, though. Hoping the Christian angle helps her out here though.

7. Shadale (7.5) - Probably too niche, but this gave me “sobering up outside the Starbucks at Downtown Disney with a ton of children dancing with their parents as a fun performer/cover band kills it outside the AMC” energy. She honestly did pretty decent with this song but like... Ma’am…

8. Jeremy Rosado (7.5) - It was a tall order and it wasn’t bad at all, but I don’t think this moved the needle for anyone.

9. Holly Forbes (7.5) - Vocally fine, but that went nowhere. I don’t want to hear it again.

10. Jim & Sasha Allen (7.5) - Step down for them. A beloved song choice and it wasn’t a bad job at all, but the slightly pitchy bits and overall linear quality of the performance made it disappointing. I do think they’ll be fine for this week though.

11. Hailey Mia (7.5) - Points for appearing much more confident than before. The performance was really shaky throughout. I predicted that she’d be up much higher this week but sadly she was a letdown.

12. Paris Winningham (7.5) - He did okay but it really was just okay. A big step down from the previous weeks. Maybe his low ranking is just recency bias since he opened up the show, but it was bland and disappointing.

13. Ryleigh Plank (7/10) - Obviously a step up from last week but still a bit all over the place. The mistakes weren’t as bad as last week but this was very weak compared to the res of the night.

ITS A NO FROM ME..

Jim and Sasha - Your Song -  messy, pitchy, uninteresting 

Ryleigh Plank - Rhiannon -  also messy and pitchy, i don't think it landed but it was creative

Shadale - Life Is a Highway -  bandzilla ate her up, she gave a lot of effort and had some okay moments so there's that

Jeremy Rosado - Because You Loved Me - at this point i'm done with excessive emoting and wobbly vocals

DECENT, BUT DON'T WANT TO SEE IT AGAIN

Wendy Moten - Blue Bayou - most of the performance was very sleepy, the upper stuff felt out of place, obviously vocally good but that alone doesn't do it for me

Holly Forbes - The Dance - a step up but the second half could've been much better, not very memorable

Hailey Mia - I'll Stand By You - some gorgeous moments, some off, i appreciate the artistry

Paris Winningham - What's Going On - bandzilla, felt generic but he sounded good 

Lana Scott - Humble and Kind - surprise of the night! not very memorable but very good

STANDOUTS

Gymani - Made a Way - second half was epic but the first was a little off and odd, maybe graded lower than she should've been because it was right after Jershika

Joshua Vacanti - You Will Be Found - the opening was way too low and it went for too long for me to rank him any higher but when he went up till the end it was gorgeous

Girl Named Tom - Dust in the Wind - we're back! this is it, the boys could've been a smidgen better and were too loud at one point but i appreciate the arrangement overall

Jershika Maple - God Only Knows - yes! the only complaint is that some of low stuff could've been arranged better but it wasn't bad 

I'm slain

1. GNT - It wasn't perfect but I loved this so much, omg (Bekah is unreal). Phenomenal song choice as well.

Great job!

2. Jershika - Same as GNT, not perfect but I really enjoyed it.

3. Joshua - Definitely the surprise of the lives so far. He killed it.

4. Lana - I'm very happy that I'm placing her this high, she honestly deserves it (can't believe I'm ranking her above Wendy lol). I actually enjoyed her tone here.

Solid

5. Wendy - Good as always but I didn't love it as much as I wanted to. It sucks because I really thought this was going to be a moment for her.

6. Paris - It was fine but it bored me a bit. The song choice didn't help.

Meh

7. Jeremy - Slightly off at some parts, and like with Paris, not a fan of the song choice.

8. Gymani - She has always been just there for me and this didn't change my opinion.

9. Holly - Ehhh...

Mess

10. Shadale - At first it was an entertaining mess, then it turned into a hot mess. I feel bad for her.

11. Hailey - I think she should stick to current pop. This had issues and there wasn't anything here to make up for them.

12. Jim & Sasha - I loved their pre-lives but let's face it, his past two performances have been very weak.

13. Ryleigh - Obviously better than last week but this should be it for her.

Edited by Daillon

Overall a great night, no one really flopped. Everyone was at least solid, so my ranking is based mostly on personal preference.

1. Lana: I keep flip flopping between liking and not liking her round by round lol, but imo this time she blew me away. No more uptempo for this girl please.

2. GNT: The aimless wailing in the middle did detract from the end result somewhat, but other than that this was beautiful. The sister gave me Maelyn vibes.

3. Joshua: I can't resist a theater kid. The beginning was a little odd, but he picked it up right after that.

4. Wendy: I think this is actually the first performance of hers that I have liked and wanted to rewatch apart from her battle, inevitable Alisan comparison aside. She did have an awkward run towards the end though.

5. Jershika: I like it, she's a great vocalist. I just didn't feel it as much, which is usually the case for me when it comes to religious songs. No fault of hers.

6. Hailey: I like her take on it, but it didn't quite reach my expectations after last week? Still very solid though, despite her lack of experience showed through a little.

7. Gymani: Similar to Wendy, this is the first Gymani's performance that I enjoy so far. The second half got a bit messy, but the first half was really good. Still, can't really relate to God songs.

8. Holly: Quite underwhelming for a pimp spot tbh. She didn't flop per se, but it just really fell short due to how much I love this song. She kinda did too much vocally with it for my liking.

9. Jim & Sasha: Love the song, but quite indifferent to their performance. I don't think their voices blend together that well, and they need to project more imo. Still, it's not a flop either, I might like it more upon rewatching.

10. Shadale: I adore her for the sheer fact that she showed more energy on that stage more than almost everyone else combined. Like the song, but her singing it seems so random. Parts of the chorus were too low that she sounded muted.

11. Jeremy: He wasn't bad, Celine is just a massively tall order. It didn't help that it was quite similar to his previous songs as well. 
12. Ryleigh: Great improvement from last week, but her lower register still doesn't sound very grounded. I don't think the song went anywhere either tbh, but she did what she could. 
13. Paris: I literally forgot what he sang halfway through the show. I'm sure he did a solid job, but the song could have been more interesting.

21 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

We can’t say Shadale was bussed because she chose to sing that karaoke hell song. You could tell John was embarrassed lol. 

I'm not sure if she actually chose it. Sometimes they just make them say that lol. You can tell when she said the song John was disappointed 💀

PREDICTION
1 Girl Named Tom
2 Wendy Moten
3 Jershika Maple
4 Ryleigh Plank
5 Lana Scott
6 Shadale
7 Gymani
8 Holly Forbes
9 Paris Winningham
10 Joshua Vacanti
11 Jim and Sasha Allen (Wins Instant Save)
12 Hailey Mia
13 Jeremy Rosado

WANT
1 Girl Named Tom
2 Wendy Moten
3 Shadale
4 Ryleigh Plank
5 Lana Scott
6 Jershika Maple
7 Gymani
8 Hailey Mia
9 Paris Winningham