Jump to content

Based on their pre-lives run, what would you make of GNT's fate so far?


Misirlou
 Share

Based on their pre-lives run, what would you make of GNT's fate so far?  

61 members have voted

  1. 1. Choose

    • They will win
      33
    • They will make the finale, but not win
      20
    • Eliminated in Semifinals
      8
    • Eliminated between Top 13- Top 10
      1
    • Eliminated in Playoffs
      0


Recommended Posts

It seems pretty clear to me that production wants them to win (in all three premieres, were a leak, and a KO episode pimp spot). Whether or not that will happen is anyone’s guess.

 

Their biggest hurdle will be managing to be consistent live vocals and proving that they’re capable of holding up under the pressure of needing America’s vote to advance. If they manage that, they can make the finale (and likely will win once they’re there).
 

If they struggle (especially in the playoffs), they’ll make it past the playoffs and can likely get carried through to the semifinals, but finale may be a bigger reach.

 

I voted for them to win since I’m 97% sure they’ll be able to manage live performances with minimal issues, but since it’s not an automatic given, we’ll see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

At this point its clear TPTB is behind them to take it all.

 

If they keep what they have been doing (and they are perfectly capable of doing so, just watch their live material), then yes, I do think they could win. I wouldnt call them a lock or anything but out of everyone, I think they could pull it off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Cookie73 said:

I can see them winning more than anyone else right now

Agreed. If Apple Music streaming returns then they'll be the most streamed artist and receive the Apple Music bonuses every week, like Jake Hoot four seasons ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Misirlou said:

At this point its clear TPTB is behind them to take it all.

 

If they keep what they have been doing (and they are perfectly capable of doing so, just watch their live material), then yes, I do think they could win. I wouldnt call them a lock or anything but out of everyone, I think they could pull it off.

I agree but didn't vote. I think it's between GNT and Wendy, with GNT slightly more likely to win. I would be truly shocked if Wendy falters in her live performances, but she has more hurdles to clear than the trio.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

It seems pretty clear to me that production wants them to win (in all three premieres, were a leak, and a KO episode pimp spot). Whether or not that will happen is anyone’s guess.

 

Their biggest hurdle will be managing to be consistent live vocals and proving that they’re capable of holding up under the pressure of needing America’s vote to advance. If they manage that, they can make the finale (and likely will win once they’re there).
 

If they struggle (especially in the playoffs), they’ll make it past the playoffs and can likely get carried through to the semifinals, but finale may be a bigger reach.

 

I voted for them to win since I’m 97% sure they’ll be able to manage live performances with minimal issues, but since it’s not an automatic given, we’ll see.


I’d love for them to win, but I think you are reading to much into their performance placements. They were a leak because of Kinsey’s unprecedented 3 steals and a save. They were given a pimp spot because of Holly’s “epic steal”. 
 

I’d say they’ve been treated well (sorry Berritt), but I don’t see obvious favoritism yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kelly's fourth win.

I only have one fear: that they look like a one-trick pony and boring me. We have more live shows this season and I noticed a lot of similarities in their blind audition arrangement and their KO. They are incredible, but that worries me

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, pauwis said:

Kelly's fourth win.

I only have one fear: that they look like a one-trick pony and boring me. We have more live shows this season and I noticed a lot of similarities in their blind audition arrangement and their KO. They are incredible, but that worries me

Honestly, the opposite.


People might think that Wendy is the same because all she does is "scream" (which she doesn't she's very versatile)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, VoiceFan! said:

Honestly, the opposite.


People might think that Wendy is the same because all she does is "scream" (which she doesn't she's very versatile)

That is why I said that I care about myself, not about other people.

I grew up listening to artists like Wendy and I can listen to them every day without getting bored.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...