57 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Performance?

• BrittanyBree "Best Part"
    • Samuel "Bruises"
    • Hailey "Arcade"
    • TCS "Oceans" (Where Feet May Fall)
    • Ryleigh "Midnight Sky"
    • David "Lose You to Love Me"

1. Samuel Harness: Great control of low notes balanced by a killer rasp. Love his changes to the melody and this was all around a fantastic showing.

2. David Vogel: Creativity here, people. Love the clarity of his tone and how he made it his own. Great steal for Legend.

3. Ryleigh Plank: Started a bit shaky in the lower register but killed it once she went high. Lots of charisma too.

4. Hailey Mia : Good, mature performance of a mature song. Not really my cup of tea but she did what she needed to do.

5. BrittanyBree: The most unexpected underdelivery of the week.  A smooth song choice didnt do her gritty, raspy tone any favors.

6. The Cunningham Sisters: Started off nice but got pretty messy later and never really recovered.

• Like 1

This will definitely be a bit unpopular lol but it's subject to change after future rewatches.

1. Samuel Harness - There was genuine emotion packed into that performance and I like it much better now than when it was first leaked. I still don't like the song choice but I'm glad it allowed him to emote as well as he did (and show off a lower register that we haven't really heard much of yet)

2. Hailey Mia - Actually liked this much better after a rewatch. Her tone sounded great and she delivered the song with great conviction for her someone her age.

3. BrittanyBree - I really liked this actually. I loved all her little phrasing choices and her tone was captivating. She did the best she could with this song choice.

4. Ryleigh Plank - Not everything was executed perfectly but the parts that were, were excellent. Love the song choice as well.

5. David Vogel - Didn't expect him to be this low but I guess it was just a little too same-y throughout? Don't get me wrong, he sounded great but it was at the same level from start to finish. I also expected him to be more emotionally connected.

6. The Cunningham Sisters - This wasn't great. I like hearing their voices individually but GNT set my standard for harmonies way too high 🤣

Snowflake Gang ❄️

1. Samuel - that rasp, the fact he doesn’t sound like anyone else, and his emotional connection into his song choice makes him an easy pick for my top spot.

2. David - his creativity and ability to strip a song down to its barest form and make his voice shine is really special. The hair flips certainly don’t hurt his case either :stealth:

Fanstatic

3. Hailey - maybe not a Carter Rubin level KO, but man, she killed this, especially given she’s 13 and the song is about experiences she admitted she hasn’t had yet due to her age. 
4. Ryleigh - that was insane too, I just gave Hailey the teensiest of edges since Ryleigh does tend to a little bit sharp at times with her vibrato and I didn’t hear any pitch issues on Hailey. 

Solid work

5. BrittanyBree - I enjoyed hearing what a voice with more texture could do with the song, but I don’t think it was the right song choice for her voice. Nonetheless, very good considering the song wasn’t designed to work for her vocally.

6. The Cunningham Sisters - both of them are super talented young ladies and strong individual vocalists, but their harmonies tonight were a little off. I do feel kinda bad they didn’t get stolen though, since Kelly looked genuinely torn up about having to send them home. 

58 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Snowflake Gang ❄️

1. Samuel - that rasp, the fact he doesn’t sound like anyone else, and his emotional connection into his song choice makes him an easy pick for my top spot.

2. David - his creativity and ability to strip a song down to its barest form and make his voice shine is really special. The hair flips certainly don’t hurt his case either :stealth:

Fanstatic

3. Hailey - maybe not a Carter Rubin level KO, but man, she killed this, especially given she’s 13 and the song is about experiences she admitted she hasn’t had yet due to her age. 
4. Ryleigh - that was insane too, I just gave Hailey the teensiest of edges since Ryleigh does tend to a little bit sharp at times with her vibrato and I didn’t hear any pitch issues on Hailey. 

Solid work

5. BrittanyBree - I enjoyed hearing what a voice with more texture could do with the song, but I don’t think it was the right song choice for her voice. Nonetheless, very good considering the song wasn’t designed to work for her vocally.

6. The Cunningham Sisters - both of them are super talented young ladies and strong individual vocalists, but their harmonies tonight were a little off. I do feel kinda bad they didn’t get stolen though, since Kelly looked genuinely torn up about having to send them home. 

I love how your categories are always in a positive light. I don't recall you ever making a category called "bad" or "terrible" and placing someone in those categories 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ThrowawayCrayon said:

I love how your categories are always in a positive light. I don't recall you ever making a category called "bad" or "terrible" and placing someone in those categories 

Being on a nationally televised competition is hard work and stressful enough without people being rude about your performances, and it doesn’t take more effort to be kind than it does to be an a**hole (but that’s a topic for another thread).

• Like 3

In a season full of queens.... KINGS!

1 (tie). Samuel Harness (9.5) - I'm a sucker for rasp. I used to hate this song til Corey sang it last season, but Samuel shined ever stronger on it. Zero complaints here.

1 (tie). David Vogel (9.5) - Exceeded my expectations, and he was already a favorite of mine. Just such a well done, original flip on the song - and he executed it fantastically.

You know what that is? Growth!

3. Hailey Mia (8.5) - I think given all of the song choices tonight, she had the most uphill battle. I still detect nerves for her but it was easily her strongest to date.

Missed the Mark for me...

4. Ryleigh Plank (7.5) - The back half of this was much stronger, but the first half was a major disappointment. I do get Ari's decision to keep her because she's very diverse, but this didn't land how I hoped it would.

5. BrittanyBree (7) - Oh this one's my first big heartbreak of the season. Incorrect spoilers aside, she was my favorite of all the powerhouse vocalists this season due to her tone. This song, unfortunately, just flat out didn't do it. Praying for a comeback scenario (but there's already gonna be so many candidates for that...)

6. The Cunningham Sisters (6) - Lovely girls, but this wasn't very good at all. Easy win for Hailey.

Hailey is leading the poll, but nobody wants to go on record with it? Here, let me be the first. 😂 

1. Hailey - It’s hard to tell at this point what her ceiling is on the show, but there aren’t many her age who could do this. Props to her. 

2. Samuel - He’s probably John’s frontrunner 

3. David - Not my thing, but I think he won that. 

4. Ryleigh - She the type of contestant who usually ends up fighting for a coach save. 

5. Brittany - No. 

6. The Cunningham Sisters - I just don’t think they are ready, but good job making it this far. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

1.Hailey Mia: wow that girl has some pipes , and something about her tone that is just so magical and raw , it’s like you don’t want the performance to end (if that makes sense) and her vocals were really good not only for her age but honestly in general. She showed great emotion and angst and maturity that were beyond her year .She really is special .

2. Samuel Harness : His tone and rasp and that high sustained note wow , amazing. He looks like an artist . He is raw and is full of emotion.

3. David Vogel: way to deliver one of the coolest performances ever on the voice , he is the whole package . His tone is just so rad . David literally looks like a star .

4. Ryleigh Plank: I expected more from her , she was good especially near the end she went insane , had her entire performance had the same quality and vocal insanity and as it did near the end , Ryleigh would be like a 10/10 for me .

5. TCS: there was a lot of individual parts and their harmonies weren’t at their best . They were good and good emotion and great connection to the song .

6. Brittany: it was really underwhelming, some of her vocal choices were not it ,and that song choice was unexpected to say the least , she was good nothing more nothing less.

1. David - Chills all over my body. This guy is such a gem.

2. Samuel - Great performance by him. But I think I expected a little more.

3. Ryleigh Plank - Great high notes and Falsettos but I think she needs to work on her lower register.

4. Hailey Mia - Better than what I was expecting from her but still didn't move the needle for me.

5. Brittany Bree - No Comments

6. TCS - See #5

Great job!

1. David - He didn't do anything special vocally but it struck a chord with me.

2. Samuel - It was great but I wasn't particularly drawn to this performance.

Decent

3. Hailey - I didn't think the steal was warranted after her battle, but she proved me wrong here. 

Mixed feelings

4. Ryleigh - Ehhh... Strong finish but everything else was meh. I dig the song choice and her presence though.

Nah

5. Brittany - Terrible song choice and it showed.

6. TCS - The harmonies were off.

Edited by Daillon

1. Ryleigh - the arrangement sounds a bit rushed, she did well though

2. Samuel - it was great but I wasn't as connected as I thought I'd be for some reason

3. Hailey - solid redemption for her battle

4. TCS - love their tones but the harmonies weren't gelling 

5. David - unpopular but I wasn't feeling the arrangement, felt like it stayed at one level and sounded the same the whole way through

6. BrittanyBree - the song doesn't fit her voice at all, she couldn't do much with it sadly