• Matt McAndrew
    • India Carney
    • We Mcdonald
    • Stephan Marcellus
    • Christiana Danielle
    • Carter Lloyd Horne
    • Cam Anthony

58 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

i think part of it is that some people didn't know tamar's version and were too lazy to listen to it lmao

I love both but I felt more emotion with Cam so I picked him there

• Like 1

Cam sang it technically better, but Matt performed it better and got the feel of the song song better. Those are the top 2, IMO. 

For a song that has been repeatedly performed - and is wildly popular with the audience - I don't actually think anyone has done an amazing job with it. 

3 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

7 names on the list.

My takeaway from this poll is it’s time to retire this song. 

As a huge Hozier fan..the man has *so* many amazing songs that would go well with the audience and would suit most of these contestants better than "Take Me To Church." And yet they have never been sung. 

"Nina Cried Power" would have been so much better for Cam..

But there is also "Work Song" "Cherry Wine" "From Eden" and "Almost" that would likely go over pretty well. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mercfan3 said:

Cam sang it technically better, but Matt performed it better and got the feel of the song song better. Those are the top 2, IMO. 

For a song that has been repeatedly performed - and is wildly popular with the audience - I don't actually think anyone has done an amazing job with it. 

Just now, mercfan3 said:

As a huge Hozier fan..the man has *so* many amazing songs that would go well with the audience and would suit most of these contestants better than "Take Me To Church." And yet they have never been sung. 

But there is also "Work Song" "Cherry Wine" "From Eden" and "Almost" that would likely go over pretty well. 

Yes to everything :yes: 

44 minutes ago, mercfan3 said:

Yes, yes, and yes. The only problem is that none of those songs are particularly well known and contestants will have trouble grabbing votes singing them.

To answer the question, I only rewatched Matt and Cam, and I think I actually prefer Cam's version. However, I haven't heard a version of this song that comes remotely close to the original.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mercfan3 said:

Yes yes yes

1. Matt (the passion, stage presence, and overall slayage of this means it holds up well as a high quality live performance several years out)
  2. Cam (technique wise better than Matt, but just a hair below Matt based on the vibe of the original song fitting Matt better than Cam)
  3. Wé (one of her stronger live performances)
  4. India (fine, just had to follow Matt’s from the season before) 
  5. Christiana (fine and overall she was eliminated way too early, I just like other performances from her better)
  6. Stephan (if he hadn’t flubbed the opening, I’d probably switch him and Christiana)
  7. Carter (I stand by my statement that if they’d let him change the key and drop the song several semitones, he would have done fine with it - as it was, this was a mess)

9 hours ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

I love both but I prefer Matt's version by a hair.

However, I voted for Cam because he was technically better. like mercfan said he was just pitch perfect.

6 hours ago, seak05 said:

I prefer Matt’s arrangement, but Cam 💯 outsang him vocally 

3 hours ago, mercfan3 said:

This.

I liked Matt's arrangement more and he performed with more intensity and passion but on technical terms Cam outsold him so I chose him.

If the poll was "Vote for your fav" then I might've picked Matt.

4 hours ago, mercfan3 said:

Work Song >>>>>>>>>>> Take Me to Church. It's criminal how that song is not sung on this show yet.

As for the poll.... big unpop opinion here, but I don't think Cam's performance is that technically impressive. Most of the runs he did barely got over Bandzilla's wrath.

Matt's performance though....now that was a watercooler moment.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Teraginn said:

As for the poll.... big unpop opinion here, but I don't think Cam's performance is that technically impressive. Most of the runs he did barely got over Bandzilla's wrath.

Matt's performance though....now that was a watercooler moment.

Not completely unpop.  💐